Login

russian armor

SU vs WM Langreskaya

1 Jan 2018, 17:06 PM

Hi all,
I seem to recall the last time i played langreskaya as SU against WM i was machine gun spammed. It happened again and i still didn't know what to do. Can y'all have a look at this replay and give me some advice? Thanks.

4 Jan 2018, 11:17 AM

Sure I'll throw in my two cents :)

Just to clarify: You are looking for a review on the Langreskaya map with a specific focus on countring mg-spam?
4 Jan 2018, 12:38 PM

Sure I'll throw in my two cents :)

Just to clarify: You are looking for a review on the Langreskaya map with a specific focus on countring mg-spam?

yup
4 Jan 2018, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2018, 12:38 PMD0V3

yup

Allright.

I'll see if I get time to look at it tonight or tomorrow :)
4 Jan 2018, 20:17 PM

Allright here goes :)

I'll be writing this as I'm watching, which means that I won't know how the game progresses beyond the point of writing:

A thing to note about Langreskaya is that it is where snipers and wide-arc mgs reign supreme. As soviets, the best initial counter for mg42s is clown car if going t1 and mortars when going t2. Mortar smoke is often overlooked by casual players, but this is hands-down the best way to lock down pesky mgs.
- So this guy went hard into mgs and used them agressively, whereas you went straight for a house and sat put. My personal preference is to use mgs more agressive, but you picked a decent house in terms of covering strategic points so I'll allow it :)
- I will not accept your passive mortar though! That mg covers the areas just fine on its own. That mortar needs to be out covering the conscripts with cover and barraging the mgs when the cons are in base. Keeping it in cover next to the hedgerow just north of the center VP is a much better place for the mortar to be in the early game.
- you canclled your second mortar in favor of a Zis-gun the secon you saw the 222. At this point you already had at grenades for the conscripts, which is a much better counter to the 222 than a slow Zis. You should probably have gone for a third conscript squad or even better picked up a guards squad.
- 10 mins in. good smoke from the mortar! as mentioned this is often forgotten.
- 11:30 nice zis barrage. Good to see that you have good knowledge of the utility from team weapons.
- an SU-76 might not have been the ideal choice at this point, since you already had plenty of AT options. you do of course get the free barrage, but a t-70 could have been much better and more flexible at harrassing the mg spam. you also reaally wan't an SU-76 to prioritize veichles at all times, as the standard shot is absolutely awfull vs infantry.
- 17:30 at this point you have almost 250 munis when the pz4 rushes you and wrecks havoc. About every top player will tell you that mines win games, and seeing how soviets have little else to use munitions on, your engineers should be spending most of their time booby trapping the sh** out of the map. Also not a bad idea to build conscript trip wire whenever capping something.
- 19 mins. I don't know what your mortar was doing in the top corner of the map rather than supporting your centre. is is not a good unit for capping! in stead it should be strategically placed so it is able to make the most of its 360 degree firing arc.
- from 20 mins on you seem to be acting more irratic and panicy, building a second zis gun and a very late t-70 when you could have gone t4 and gotten af t-34. Try to keep your cool when the game goes against you, but I'll admit that were can all be victims of "the tilt" :)
- 23 mins good use of the JU-strafe!
- 26 mins gg!

I'll just quickly summarize what I think you did well and what you need to work on.

good stuff:
- great use of team weapon abilities and strafe. You got some good steals this way.

not so good:
- You need to work on thinking about the long game both in terms of what you need right now and what you'll need in the next five mins.
at the end of a 26 min match you still didn't have t4 up. That just won't do and made the late game a downward spiral because you might have forgotten to think ahead.
- Conscripts have amazing utility, but you made very little use of it. on an open map like langreskaya vs Ostheer, the sandbag walls are a godsent! They will also make you last much longer against mgs and resist suppression. Use it!
- mines.win.games! build them on roads where tanks like to roam, build them on retreat paths and build them on strategic points where you suspect the opponent to enter from. When playing soviets your opponent should be in a constant state of panic about where the next mine is and all his engineers should skip flamers in favor of sweepers or fear an untimely end.

Please let me know if this was halfway helpful and don't hesitate to ask any questions :)
5 Jan 2018, 01:20 AM

Allright here goes :)

I'll be writing this as I'm watching, which means that I won't know how the game progresses beyond the point of writing:

A thing to note about Langreskaya is that it is where snipers and wide-arc mgs reign supreme. As soviets, the best initial counter for mg42s is clown car if going t1 and mortars when going t2. Mortar smoke is often overlooked by casual players, but this is hands-down the best way to lock down pesky mgs.
- So this guy went hard into mgs and used them agressively, whereas you went straight for a house and sat put. My personal preference is to use mgs more agressive, but you picked a decent house in terms of covering strategic points so I'll allow it :)
- I will not accept your passive mortar though! That mg covers the areas just fine on its own. That mortar needs to be out covering the conscripts with cover and barraging the mgs when the cons are in base. Keeping it in cover next to the hedgerow just north of the center VP is a much better place for the mortar to be in the early game.
- you canclled your second mortar in favor of a Zis-gun the secon you saw the 222. At this point you already had at grenades for the conscripts, which is a much better counter to the 222 than a slow Zis. You should probably have gone for a third conscript squad or even better picked up a guards squad.
- 10 mins in. good smoke from the mortar! as mentioned this is often forgotten.
- 11:30 nice zis barrage. Good to see that you have good knowledge of the utility from team weapons.
- an SU-85 might not have been the ideal choice at this point, since you already had plenty of AT options. you do of course get the free barrage, but a t-70 could have been much better and more flexible at harrassing the mg spam. you also reaally wan't an SU-85 to prioritize veichles at all times, as the standard shot is absolutely awfull vs infantry.
- 17:30 at this point you have almost 250 munis when the pz4 rushes you and wrecks havoc. About every top player will tell you that mines win games, and seeing how soviets have little else to use munitions on, your engineers should be spending most of their time booby trapping the sh** out of the map. Also not a bad idea to build conscript trip wire whenever capping something.
- 19 mins. I don't know what your mortar was doing in the top corner of the map rather than supporting your centre. is is not a good unit for capping! in stead it should be strategically placed so it is able to make the most of its 360 degree firing arc.
- from 20 mins on you seem to be acting more irratic and panicy, building a second zis gun and a very late t-70 when you could have gone t4 and gotten af t-34. Try to keep your cool when the game goes against you, but I'll admit that were can all be victims of "the tilt" :)
- 23 mins good use of the JU-strafe!
- 26 mins gg!

I'll just quickly summarize what I think you did well and what you need to work on.

good stuff:
- great use of team weapon abilities and strafe. You got some good steals this way.

not so good:
- You need to work on thinking about the long game both in terms of what you need right now and what you'll need in the next five mins.
at the end of a 26 min match you still didn't have t4 up. That just won't do and made the late game a downward spiral because you might have forgotten to think ahead.
- Conscripts have amazing utility, but you made very little use of it. on an open map like langreskaya vs Ostheer, the sandbag walls are a godsent! They will also make you last much longer against mgs and resist suppression. Use it!
- mines.win.games! build them on roads where tanks like to roam, build them on retreat paths and build them on strategic points where you suspect the opponent to enter from. When playing soviets your opponent should be in a constant state of panic about where the next mine is and all his engineers should skip flamers in favor of sweepers or fear an untimely end.

Please let me know if this was halfway helpful and don't hesitate to ask any questions :)

Good stuff. Thanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
South Africa 4
Germany 815
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L