Login

russian armor

Need some UKF tips

31 Dec 2017, 13:39 PM

So i came back to coh2 after a very long break. Started playing UKF and i could use some tips. I play 3v3 mostyl atm, cause i play with friends, who are starting coh2. But planning to get more into 1v1 and 2v2, later on.

And is there any general build order?
I usually go 2 squads of tommys, bren, engineers -> mortar -> 1 more infantry -> armoured car. mean while i try to get larger squads and weapons.
And speaking of weapons, piats seem unreliable for me vs moving targets. Correct me if im wrong.

Which vehicles are worth building?
I usually build bren carrier, armoured car then i get a Cromwell. But i feel like Cromwell is kinda weak. Not good enough at killing inf and not particularly good at killing other tanks. Lack of snare coming from infantry hurts a lot, while i get snared by fausts all day long.

What do you guys think about hammer/anvil tactics? are they worth researching?

When is a good time to research weapon racks? larger squads? next tiers?

Got all commanders, so going doctrinal is not a problem.

1 Jan 2018, 14:10 PM

If you've got Mobile Assault I've had a lot of success with Hector's guide for it. It gives a good general grounding in the faction's playstyle and the principles of it are fairly transferable to other commanders too. Bear in mind it's pre-December Balance Patch so the fine details might be slightly off now.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/62518/british-bastards-a-mobile-assault-regiment-guide

The Bren Carrier: the question you need to ask yourself with it is are you getting more use out of it than another Infantry Section or HMG? I see it in high level streams occasionally and I personally find it useful if I'm up against OKW or Assault Grenadiers.

The AEC: It's your most powerful early AT option but delays your first Cromwell. The decision for if you build an AEC is can you deal with enemy light vehicles without it? Hector's guide goes into this decision and your other options in more depth.

The Cromwell: It's a good medium tank, about on par with the Panzer IV which is likely to be its main opponent.

Hammer: You research Hammer when you want the Comet, which is a really good tank that can take on Panthers with proper support. When to stop building Cromwells and unlock the Comet is a call you have to make.

Being snared by Panzerfausts: Your vehicles are faster and have a longer range than infantry with snares so if you stay at range you can avoid them. Keep infantry near your tanks to punish any squads that try to charge the tank.
3 Jan 2018, 13:11 PM

Well i have 2 issues as brit:
1. early game, double mortar covered by mgs/mg bunker.
Cant kill mortars with IS, cause of supression by mg.
No vehicles yearly on
My mortar pit is on a downside, being shot by 2 OST mortars i need to barricade, by the time i can shot, they move their mortars
And by the time i get armored car, they already have either pak or shrecks, combined with fausts = dead AEC
This cheesy tactic happens a lot ufortunatelly. Cant figure out counter for this
(once i got mad, took soviets with 120mm - we won ;) )

2.late game
If we manage to last to the late game, i just can't deal with their heaviest tanks. British tanks to me appear so weak against other tanks...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment