Login

russian armor

Game Won't Start

30 Dec 2017, 14:29 PM

I need some ideas, please:
When I try to start the game I get the small box that says: PREPARING TO LAUNCH COH2. That box disappears like normal, about 2 seconds later. However, nothing happens after that. The game fails to start. This started today. The last time I played was 4 days ago. I have not updated anything in the last 8 days (NVIDIA Driver, Windows 10, Windows Defender, etc...). I have some 4,000 hours in COH2: All of it against AI. My system is:
Alienware X51 R2
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
GE Force GTX 760 Ti OEM
Driver version 388.71 updated 8 days ago.
Any ideas why the game refuses to launch/start?
30 Dec 2017, 14:53 PM
Donator 11

did you try validating game files via steam?
30 Dec 2017, 15:15 PM

Thanks. I forgot to include that. I validated files this morning but no effect. Validated again just now but still nothing. I should also add: I tried 3 different ways to launch the game but got the same symptom on each attempt:
1: Tried to launch from the desktop shortcut
2: Tried to launch/play from Steam
3: Tried to launch/play from NVIDIE GeForce
30 Dec 2017, 17:31 PM

Did you restart Steam? And check via task manager the processes, end all processes from steam and coh2, then restart steam and give it a try.
31 Dec 2017, 00:08 AM

Sandreas: Many thanks! I followed your steps one by one. After re-starting STEAM I went to log in manually and it took me straight to the COH2 FAQ's. The very first FAQ was regarding games failing to start. Their very first suggestion was to temporarily disable Virus Protection. I did this and the game starts just fine now. My virus app must have updated. The FAQ said to simply said to allow COH2 through the firewall. This worked.
31 Dec 2017, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2017, 00:08 AMDappy
Sandreas: Many thanks! I followed your steps one by one. After re-starting STEAM I went to log in manually and it took me straight to the COH2 FAQ's. The very first FAQ was regarding games failing to start. Their very first suggestion was to temporarily disable Virus Protection. I did this and the game starts just fine now. My virus app must have updated. The FAQ said to simply said to allow COH2 through the firewall. This worked.

Glad that I could help. Have fun with COH2 :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS