Login

russian armor

Can we please get rid of winter maps in automatch???????????

Two
13 Aug 2013, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 23:01 PMCptEend
^Do you really think that wasn't clear? Still, your problem is your PC, not the game. If you're lagging during blizzards then obviously you need better hardware.

Clearly not, if you still dont get it.

How on earth is that my problem??????????????????

My frame rate doesnt drop below 18 in a blizzard, I can move my screen around no problems, to me it looks like the game has frozen, to him his computer would have frozen.
15 Aug 2013, 14:09 PM

I think the blizzards are good. It's a new idea that changes the gameplay without breaking the game... pretty good really.

One of the main reasons i bought this game was to support a company that developed a game that makes use of my (fairly modest) computers resources. Not the recycled x-box crap that has passed for PC games for the last few years.

Had just as many laggy games on summer maps.
15 Aug 2013, 14:25 PM

Blizzard is acceptable, deep snow is the shit fuck up the game
15 Aug 2013, 20:38 PM

Blizzards too hurt performance. That's not really a secret, mystery, or really anything. When a blizzard starts, there's simply so many particle effects on screen that it just slows down everyone's system by a fair bit.

The problem is NOT the blizzard concept itself; it's how it's implemented. All relic has to do is add an option to the video settings for "blizzard quality". High should be as it is now, medium should reduce particle count, and LOW needs to replace ALL the particles with a simple screen effect.

Since the screen effect would just be a UI element (probably scaleform), the performance impact would be essentially zero. The only other thing that happens in blizzards is reduced move speed, sight range and cold damage... none of which effect performance.

However, the performance hit really isn't THAT big. Since CoH2 is bad and doesn't support SLI, I can only run on a single GTX570 - a mid range card from late 2010. It's almost three years old at this point. That single GPU can push about 80fps on max settings with no AA, at 1080p.

Drop your settings a fair bit. This is CoH - it's demanding, just like COH1 was on release.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 09:53 AMTwo

My frame rate doesnt drop below 18 in a blizzard,

18 still causes lag - you should be at a stable 30. Drop your settings lower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★