Login

russian armor

Infantry Units Freezing Up From Their Own Targeted Abilities

11 Dec 2017, 21:42 PM

So I've been noticing this bug quite often, and it's really bad.

Targeting an infantry ability at range, be it placing sandbags on Volksgrenadiers or firing a barrage on the Ostheer mortar squad, sometimes causes the ability to get highlighted as being prepared, but the unit doesn't actually move to the location and start using the ability.

Other times, one model from the unit starts moving towards the location while all other models sit in place, also preventing the ability from triggering.

Have had this bug occur in half a dozen matches just within the last few days.

Now I finally have a replay:

Just past the half way point in the match is an instance of the bug, where the mortar squad is hiding behind a wall, is ordered to fire a barrage northward, activates the ability as if preparing to use it but never actually tears down and turns to be able to use it, thereby freezing up until I give the order to tear down and move from that spot.

Don't have the time to read through patch notes to see if this has been fixed, so figured I'd just write this post quickly.

This bug is extremely damaging to Ostheer play in particular, since you really need every unit in your combined arms army to play their role as soon as they are ordered to. But I have had it happen on OKW as well, in particular with Volksgrenadiers given the order to build sandbags.

Oh, and here's a screenshot of Volks being ordered to lay sandbags near the flagpole and only having one model actually travel there:

This has happened multiple times on different maps and in different circumstances, so doesn't seem to be related to units being in cover, nor specific to setup units.
Not
6 Jan 2018, 10:34 AM

Not
11 Jan 2018, 07:58 AM

No one gonna fix it?
11 Jan 2018, 09:56 AM

Cap-walking is now possible?
Not
11 Jan 2018, 10:04 AM

Cap-walking is now possible?
Happens that OKW infantry goes 1 man from full reincorced squad to a middle point from base, but never saw that bug out of the base
11 Jan 2018, 11:44 AM

I guess it's because of brand new spacing. Capturing team weapons now is fun too.
Not
27 Jan 2018, 19:53 PM

Some screenshots I collected. Strange that dev team still didn't reply this.
27 Jan 2018, 23:04 PM

I've seen that bug where one guy goes to do something independently of the squad for a while, not just these last few patches. Idk about the other ones though, and I've never seen a squad just not do what they're told to at all (not dying it's not a thing, just I've never personally observed it).
3 Feb 2018, 12:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Sov enginer putting tnt, 50% of the time they dont put nothing and you need order 3x.
3 Feb 2018, 13:21 PM

Other times, one model from the unit starts moving towards the location while all other models sit in place, also preventing the ability from triggering.

This usually happens when you place sandbags too close to the capping point and as soon as it gets in sight, the squad is suddenly unable to build it in that location that was previously allowed. I guess you could try to solve it by shift-queuing a move command close to the point before placing the sandbag, but the squad won't place the sandbag anyway if this happens. This is an old bug and I've seen it occur for ages, at least a couple of years.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★