Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
15 Apr 2015, 12:03 PM

There is nothing wrong with Riegel mines if you skip the fact that it's doctrinal. It's easier to plant them (faster I belive and truck is way more mobile) and they are cheaper. Perfect to protect Elephant from flanks.

People dont use them cause they come only with 2 doctrines. And even then, people just forget about mines (like you said).... until they lose. When Im picking up Jaeger armor, there will always be mines at flanks.

Mines are very expensive for OST and OKW in early-game. Very risky investment BUT well planted mines can save you from T70 or AA Truck. Plant it on obvious path, narrow passages and bait your enemy go get there.
17 Apr 2015, 16:47 PM

Would be awesome if someone could do a comprehensive guide to Werh early game starts vs usa.

Im really struggling with that match uo
17 Apr 2015, 16:52 PM

You meant the ambush camouflage from the ostheer doctrine for infantry right, not for soviet atguns?

exactly
17 Apr 2015, 18:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Would be awesome if someone could do a comprehensive guide to Werh early game starts vs usa.

Im really struggling with that match uo

Noted,expect it in near future
aaa
18 Apr 2015, 22:00 PM

http://www.coh2.org/guides/30293/jesulin-s-road-to-victory

How can I watch those replays of pre patch games? It doesnt see them in the playback folder. Previouusly everything was OK.
It is the only incsructive replays (with text) of long time top 1 player.
18 Apr 2015, 22:13 PM
aaa
18 Apr 2015, 23:27 PM

This shows such a great games. In the last game I watched first they were playing with one engineers squad each. Then 1 engi vs no units. And 7k bank each

May be any video of these games, esp from players cam?
18 Apr 2015, 23:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 23:27 PMaaa
This shows such a great games. In the last game I watched first they were playing with one engeeneers squad each. Then 1 engi vs no units. And 7k bank each

So it doesn't work properly? Otherwise I don't think there's another way to watch old replays unless they were VODS.
20 Apr 2015, 07:31 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

What is a good Ostheer build when you are not that good with microing Team Weapons?
20 Apr 2015, 08:44 AM
Patrion 14

What is a good Ostheer build when you are not that good with microing Team Weapons?

The best thing to do would be to get good at using team weapons. Ostheer is very reliant on combined arms, more so than any other faction, especially in the early game.

If you are dead set against team weapons, I would suggest 4 gren -> t2 upgrade -> pio -> t2 building -> 251 HT vs. sovs, pak then 251 vs. USF.

Use CAS doctrine for fuel -> muni, and you can quickly regain the advantage in infantry engagements vs. USF, and bleed them hard without having to retreat yourself. This allows you to not only hold "your" side of the map, but to push hard and harass the enemy cutoff as well, giving you a resource advantage if done well on the right maps.

Don't forget, upgrade your pios with flamers first, 2 flamer pios can wreck any allied squad, and they are a very good supporting unit for grens because of their sight range and close range firepower.

It may be prudent to grab an MG42 at some point if your opponent is moving units in groups. Use the MG42 in conjunction with flamer pios to suppress and barbeque enemies. Even if your opponent techs for nades as a counter, that is still 25 fuel that isn't going towards a sherman, and ostheer needs as much time as it can get.

One final tip, plant the shit out of tellers in defensive positions, and maybe one in an expected enemy assault path on "their side." Allied players never expect ostheer to get mines, and if you don't force your opponent to get minesweepers, tellers can be a very nasty shock to an enemy M20/AAHT/sherman rush. If you wipe the enemy's rear eche fast, you can almost be assured that a new one will not be produced for some time.
20 Apr 2015, 08:58 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

20 Apr 2015, 09:12 AM

How effective are Panzergrenadiers now? Are they really good in medium ranges? Or only in close range? Is it advisable for heavy panzergrenadier play in 1 vs 1 games(regardless vs USF or Soviets)
20 Apr 2015, 09:20 AM
Patrion 14

How effective are Panzergrenadiers now? Are they really good in medium ranges? Or only in close range? Is it advisable for heavy panzergrenadier play in 1 vs 1 games(regardless vs USF or Soviets)

Panzergrenadiers are good at all ranges, but are most efficient vs. allied squads at mid range. Unfortunatly, they have a tendency to bleed copious amounts of manpower, which makes it impossible to use more that 1-2 of them.

Use them as defensive units to support your team weapons. Non-upgraded pgrens in green cover can beat any allied squad short of lmg paras or guards. They will soak damage while your mg42 suppresses squads, allowing you to either move up and kill them, or sit back and kill them as they try to move up and nade' you. If you have 2 paks, but are fighting 3-4 shermans/t34s, 1-2 squads of upgraded pgrens can put the pain on enemy armor trying to circle strafe you, but you must be wary of crushes.

You can also use them as a flanking unit to help murder enemy weapon teams, but remember that they are quite fragile, so you must use LOS blockers and cover when assaulting enemy positions.
20 Apr 2015, 10:03 AM

Panzergrenadiers are good at all ranges, but are most efficient vs. allied squads at mid range. Unfortunatly, they have a tendency to bleed copious amounts of manpower, which makes it impossible to use more that 1-2 of them.

Use them as defensive units to support your team weapons. Non-upgraded pgrens in green cover can beat any allied squad short of lmg paras or guards. They will soak damage while your mg42 suppresses squads, allowing you to either move up and kill them, or sit back and kill them as they try to move up and nade' you. If you have 2 paks, but are fighting 3-4 shermans/t34s, 1-2 squads of upgraded pgrens can put the pain on enemy armor trying to circle strafe you, but you must be wary of crushes.

You can also use them as a flanking unit to help murder enemy weapon teams, but remember that they are quite fragile, so you must use LOS blockers and cover when assaulting enemy positions.

Thank you!! ;))
20 Apr 2015, 16:29 PM

OKW question:

Is it still best move to go Mech truck first? Then what should be the determinant for your next truck? Typically I go 3 Volks, Mech truck, FlakHT, Flak truck...

Or am I all wrong?
20 Apr 2015, 23:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OKW question:

Is it still best move to go Mech truck first? Then what should be the determinant for your next truck? Typically I go 3 Volks, Mech truck, FlakHT, Flak truck...

Or am I all wrong?

Really which truck you pick or how you pick them is up to how you want to play and what is most effective for you personally.

20 Apr 2015, 23:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

OKW question:

Or am I all wrong?

You can make many combinations work with the OKW truck system but the major movements are

mech > flak truck > medic > jagdpanzer
This is usually coupled with a commadner with call in infantry, either luftwaffe ground forces to offset the lack of suppression of the Flak HQ and the falls for the lack of obers or breaktrough for the fusiliers

medic > retreat point > flak HQ > luchs or panther
The go to strat prepatch is still very effective

mech > flak ht > flak HQ.
If you manage to use the Flak HT to great effect and have good mapcontrol you can invest in obers. this combination is quite weak since the panther will be a long way if a sherman or t34 shows up. A puma is often undesirable, I'd advice to get 1 or 2 raketen with this tech path
22 Apr 2015, 15:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

How do I defeat Captain Molotov early scout car spam with guard motor as OKW Kappa
22 Apr 2015, 16:03 PM
Patrion 14

How do I defeat Captain Molotov early scout car spam with guard motor as OKW Kappa

If you are playing vs. soviets, you should be checking their base every minute or so. This will let you know what tier building they are using. If you see T1, you need to counter by going for the flack HT ASAP.

Lock yourself defensively around some points, use random ghost wire to mess up the enemy m3a1 movement, and get a raketen. One raketen + sturms will easily counter m3a1s that go directly at them, and the ghost wire gives you more time to hit him.

Once the flack HT comes out, use it in conjunction with your raketen to kill his m3a1s, using your volks/pfus to scout forward and spot positions/ bait m3a1s. Always move your raketen + flackHT behind your line infantry.

Remember to scavenge all the dead enemy scout cars! I made 20 fuel one game because of enemy scout car spam and my opponent lost about 60 fuel. That is a huge win for you, not to mention the manpower he lost in guards and CE. Also, if you spot an abandoned m3a1, don't bother re-crewing it. There is not nearly as much synergy with OKW, and if you salvage the abandoned car you make 15 fuel.

Other than that, the best thing you can do is keep a straight head, many people panic when they see 3 flamer cars coming. Just micro to the best of your ability, and you will be fine.
22 Apr 2015, 18:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Thanks, but most players at an above average level fake their tech structures ontop of each other so you cant really "scout" their tech structure through the fog of war. And since sWs scouting is too risky now you really have to take a gamble somtimes as okw in the first few minutes. Now against molo we all know he goes t1 so i always build mechanized to counter but guard rifles in clown car make quick work of the 251. I guess in this particular instance he is just outplaying me and I need to work on micro and consolidate my forces to stop these early strong pushes and not be able to harass my opponent effectively

Thanks for the reply and i will try to implement your suggestions, especially the ghost wiring
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS