Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
2 Jan 2015, 13:50 PM

Hi strategists :) I have a short question. Do the bulletins stack ? I ve seen some players who got f.e. three times minus 10 % Suppression for Volksgrenadiers - do they get 30 % at all ?
11 Jan 2015, 10:53 AM
Donator 11

Hi Samson,

yes you can still stack the bulletins, but I doesnt mean that the bulletin stack like (-10%) + (-10%) + (-10%), it's more about:

basic suppression - 10% = outcome - 10% = outcome - 10% = new suppression

One of the other Strategist should correct me if I am wrong, but that should be the way Relic changed it ;)
29 Jan 2015, 06:52 AM

Does a partly destroyed building (the kind that has one side crushed) offer the same protection for units 360 dg? Or does the crushed and more open side provide less cover?
11 Feb 2015, 17:07 PM

DJDe4th, Lenny

Thanks for your Answers! In the last games Ive seen a lot of players stacking the volks shreck bulletin, result was a giant shreck blob with sometimes 4 to 6 volks per player.

Another question: Does any of you guys use the SU-76 "Suchka" (little bitch) and if yes, how do you use it effectively. From my point of view, it just sucks and I see no point in using it, maybe the artillery fire is useful, but I already have the SIS-3 for that, what is basically the same weapon.
11 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 17:07 PMSamson

Another question: Does any of you guys use the SU-76 "Suchka" (little bitch) and if yes, how do you use it effectively. From my point of view, it just sucks and I see no point in using it, maybe the artillery fire is useful, but I already have the SIS-3 for that, what is basically the same weapon.

The SU76 is in a weird spot in my opinion. Since Soviet (and Ostheer) teching is so expensive, the only reason I would tech up is to get out fast T70 or T34-76 from T3 (from a 1v1 perspective). It might be viable for teamgames, let's say in conjunction with a KV1 or Sherman M4C call-in. But then again, if you want a dedicated anti tank then I recommend the SU85 from the same tier, and if you want indirect fire then I recommend the Katyusha. It would be better off in T3 if you ask me. I don't use the SU-76 myself, unless I'm trolling. Hope that could help you.
11 Feb 2015, 20:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 17:07 PMSamson

Hello Samson!

You might check out this cast of a game of mine in which I used the SU-76.

14 Feb 2015, 11:58 AM

EDIT:
LOL - I missed the big GUIDES link in the NAV. My apologies:
http://www.coh2.org/guides/categories

Any others not on this site you might recommend?

Orig Post:
Hello Strategists. I tried playing CoH 2 when it first came out, but for some reason couldn't get into it the way I did vCoH. Now I want to try again!

I'd like to hear from the knowledge of this board: could you please point me to the starter guides YOU feel are best for new CoH 2 multiplier players. These can be written or video. There are a LOT out there, I'm looking for the ones YOU recommend. I will look through the fourms here, but they seem more suited for AFTER I've learned and played the game a bit!

Thank you in advance for your time.
20 Feb 2015, 07:27 AM
Patrion 14

I'm struggling to use the tactical map when things tend to get messy. In my ~1500 hrs coh2 I rarely used the tactical map, yet I feel like using it is essential to become a better player. How can I force myself to use the tactical map to a greater extend? How do I use the map properly?
23 Feb 2015, 20:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Couple of posts invised

Only reply here, please, if you are a Strategist ..:)

If you are not a Strategist, please apply to the Admin, if you think you might be
25 Feb 2015, 14:41 PM

Lümmel, to take care of this problem of yours I feel like you have to use a script-program, since the way Relic does things - simply sucks :/ I have only heard of Luvnest who actually use the Num0 key :D

This was also a problem of mine, I have it binded for my mouse - yet in the very beginning I rarely used it anyway. I think you just have to force yourself to use it untill you simply don't have to think about it anymore and it becomes a natural thing for you to do. Cause it will help a lot in some battles!

ps. please keep in mind that the tacmap isn't nessessary to get amazing at this game. But for some, it really helps a lot! It sorta depends on your playstyle!
19 Mar 2015, 05:19 AM

About the OKW minesweeper, do you have to equip it to get faster repair or just upgrading it?
19 Mar 2015, 06:35 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 05:19 AMsteel
About the OKW minesweeper, do you have to equip it to get faster repair or just upgrading it?

It does not have to be equipped to give the repair boost, only purchased.
19 Mar 2015, 09:16 AM

It does not have to be equipped to give the repair boost, only purchased.
Thanks. Btw, any idea how to calculate DPS?
20 Mar 2015, 09:20 AM

My combined time in CoH1 and CoH2 is nearing 1000 hours yet I still haven't made it a habit to use the tactical map. I always forget about it, don't see an obvious benefit in it and focus on microing in my units directly to place them in cover.

How do you use it if you use it at all? What is it good for?
20 Mar 2015, 09:42 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

My combined time in CoH1 and CoH2 is nearing 1000 hours yet I still haven't made it a habit to use the tactical map. I always forget about it, don't see an obvious benefit in it and focus on microing in my units directly to place them in cover.

How do you use it if you use it at all? What is it good for?

Hey hey,

I use the Tactical map for pretty much everything, it gives me a better overview compared to the minimap. With all the flashing symbols and squad signs things can get confusing very quickly. I also like to think of the Tactical map as a Strategy desk, where you move your units like chess pieces. However, using the Tactical map doesn't give you any advantage over the minimap, just use whatever you are more comfortable with.
20 Mar 2015, 18:17 PM
Donator 11

Small question:
let's say you got a low health / entity squad, and you're capturing, or just need the vision, how do you avoid best getting wiped by any sort of tank fire.

Currently i just keep the unit moving, but is there any weakness in terms of tank accuracy, like going towards them?
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS