Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
1 Jan 2014, 17:00 PM

using the elite doctrine to vet armored cars or hts is a waste in my opinion. the vet bonuses are useful, but dont really have a big impact on the unit. they used to do 78% more damage and take 45% incoming damage. thats why vetting them was so important. heres the new bonuses:

Armored Car
Veterancy 2

+30% Sight
+30% Accuracy

Veterancy 3

+20% Accuracy
+20% Rotation
+20% Acceleration
+20% Max Speed

251 Half-track
Veterancy 2

+20% Reinforcement Radius
+20% Acceleration
+20% Max Speed
+20% Rotation

Veterancy 3

+20% Reinforcement Radius
+30% Sight
-20% Cooldown

so the armored car gets a good dps bonus vs infantry from the accuracy bonus, but thats about it. acceleration/speed might help keep them alive a bit longer. sight can be really good on the armored car since it starts with 50 sight, but i still say none of those are worth 55mp and 20 fuel though.
1 Jan 2014, 22:28 PM

I'm playing 2v2 AT games as Germans and we are having a few problems and I would like to ask here if someone have good ideas about it:

1- Early Shock troops were a pain, any weapon seems not to penetrate that armor, only grenades but it cost ammo and you may fail if he keeps moving. The lack of AT mines from germans make it dificult to stop them. Lately I found that early snipers are worth against that troops but it can be countered with soviet snipers and clown car.

2- Mid-game AT stuff. In that kind of games in where soviets are spamming 8x conscripts with ppsh upgrade and 2x shocktroops, flanking and capping everywhere, germans try to counter that with more AI units investing manpower from early game. FHT may stop that hordes microing well but its 120 ammo. Sometimes we have enough fuel to skip T2 and go for an Ostwind. At that point we have a 4 minute break in where we recapture more than 60% of the map. But then early T34 comes. 1 Shreck squad seems to be weak against T34. Pak still dies too early and it can be flanked easily because no cheap mines can be placed and that hordes of infantry can kill it very fast. ¿Any hint on how to counter tanks when the soviets are very aggressive in early game?

3- I have dificulties when dealing with soviet snipers in maps like semoskiy. (2-3 Snipers + clown car with flame engineers + guard troops).

4- Late game tank wars. I found that Soviet spam of T34 ,Su-85 and other heavy tanks can be countered by Elephant tank. My question is how to deal with it without using the Elephant. The best tank I found is the panther but when the enemy is strong in a position with few T34 and Su-85 it's dificult to flank. Shrek squads aren't as dangerous as they were in coh1. They don't do decent damage and they loose shrecks very early by a lucky T34 shot. Not to talk if IS-2 or ISU is on the field but I understand they are doctrinal AI units.

I really appreciate your advices, please help me with my strategy. Thanks
2 Jan 2014, 05:33 AM

I'm playing 2v2 AT games as Germans and we are having a few problems and I would like to ask here if someone have good ideas about it:

1- Early Shock troops were a pain, any weapon seems not to penetrate that armor, only grenades but it cost ammo and you may fail if he keeps moving. The lack of AT mines from germans make it dificult to stop them. Lately I found that early snipers are worth against that troops but it can be countered with soviet snipers and clown car.

2- Mid-game AT stuff. In that kind of games in where soviets are spamming 8x conscripts with ppsh upgrade and 2x shocktroops, flanking and capping everywhere, germans try to counter that with more AI units investing manpower from early game. FHT may stop that hordes microing well but its 120 ammo. Sometimes we have enough fuel to skip T2 and go for an Ostwind. At that point we have a 4 minute break in where we recapture more than 60% of the map. But then early T34 comes. 1 Shreck squad seems to be weak against T34. Pak still dies too early and it can be flanked easily because no cheap mines can be placed and that hordes of infantry can kill it very fast. ¿Any hint on how to counter tanks when the soviets are very aggressive in early game?

Got the same problem in 2v2, I think 2v2 currently is completely broken.
Utterly nerfed MG42 & SC & flamer HT making Ostheer having NO crowd control. It's feel like I am playing PE against Aimstrong bulletproof strat again, without G43 instant pin ofc.

Just imagine both Soviet are spamming 16 Cons (or 3 shocks 3 guards) rolling over everything. Once Ostheer struggle enough to get an Ostwind (only unit that can now kill infantry would not die in 3 seconds), T-34/85 or SU85 is already on field. :/ along with 3 sniper blob = nail in the coffin
2 Jan 2014, 22:25 PM

3- I have dificulties when dealing with soviet snipers in maps like semoskiy. (2-3 Snipers + clown car with flame engineers + guard troops).

4- Late game tank wars. I found that Soviet spam of T34 ,Su-85 and other heavy tanks can be countered by Elephant tank. My question is how to deal with it without using the Elephant. The best tank I found is the panther but when the enemy is strong in a position with few T34 and Su-85 it's dificult to flank. Shrek squads aren't as dangerous as they were in coh1. They don't do decent damage and they loose shrecks very early by a lucky T34 shot. Not to talk if IS-2 or ISU is on the field but I understand they are doctrinal AI units.

I really appreciate your advices, please help me with my strategy. Thanks

1. i would save munitions for upgrades rather than using rifle nades unless you have a really good opportunity. i would never use munitions on mines. g43s/lmgs/flame ht are all better uses of munitions against shocks in my opinion. mg42, flame ht and snipers are the best counters to shocks but theyre all pretty micro intensive.

2. i would never skip t2 if youre building an ostwind. youll need schrecks or paks to protect that ostwind. the amount of fuel you save by skipping t2 isnt worth it. schrecks/pak and an ostwind should be more than enough to kill a t34. personally, i wouldnt even rush t3 if the soviets are that heavy on infantry. i find german t1 and t2 to be better against infantry and its also strong enough to hold off an early tank or 2.

3. snipers and guards is extremely strong now that guards come out so early. i wouldnt bother building t2 vehicles if they have a few guards. a mortar might help, but you need to get lucky. id say the most reliable counter would just be lots and lots of grens. if you have enough squads, you should be able to force a retreat. it can be a huge mp drain and i wish i had a better answer, but its really a hard strat to beat.

4. if the soviets have t34 and su85s, i would usually skip t3, but it really depends on the ratio they have. if they have lots of su85s, id probably go with schrecks and paks. kill the t34s first. if they have mostly t34s, any german tank should be fine. stugs are a really good counter, but keep them away from su85s.
3 Jan 2014, 12:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Strategist!
How do you kill sniper from scout car? (this why not good use wm sniper in german HT)
with attack move or you have to manually select the car? This is the one of two but forgot which one.
4 Jan 2014, 09:22 AM

I'm losing as Germans 100% of the time

someone give me a build order

i stopped playing for a few months and now i'm back and i can't win a single fucking game

mind you i get put against people like vonivan
4 Jan 2014, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2014, 12:54 PMakosi
Strategist!
How do you kill sniper from scout car? (this why not good use wm sniper in german HT)
with attack move or you have to manually select the car? This is the one of two but forgot which one.

Uh what do you mean exactly? Do you want to kill a german sniper using a sniper in a m3 or do you wanna counter the m3/sniper?

i stopped playing for a few months and now i'm back and i can't win a single fucking game

There are a few possible bo's. Try watching some recent replays of SNF or some streams and try those build orders!
4 Jan 2014, 11:09 AM

Hey Muffins,

I find at the moment the safest and most flexible build order for Ostheer is Gren, Gren, MG42, Gren then add in another support weapon whether it be a MG42, Mortar or Sniper.

For the fifth unit:
  • MG42 is good for open maps.
  • Mortar is good on the building heavy maps.
  • Sniper is good everywhere, but best on open maps.

After this, it is up to you but I generally go to T2 then T3.
4 Jan 2014, 11:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Symb, i want to kill the sniper which is in scout car with sniper.
5 Jan 2014, 01:00 AM

Hey Muffins,

I find at the moment the safest and most flexible build order for Ostheer is Gren, Gren, MG42, Gren then add in another support weapon whether it be a MG42, Mortar or Sniper.

For the fifth unit:
  • MG42 is good for open maps.
  • Mortar is good on the building heavy maps.
  • Sniper is good everywhere, but best on open maps.

After this, it is up to you but I generally go to T2 then T3.

<444>3
5 Jan 2014, 09:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think we had it confirmed that mark target from two players stacks

Do the following stack:

Soviet HQ Aura?

Command Tanks?

5 Jan 2014, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2014, 11:35 AMakosi
Symb, i want to kill the sniper which is in scout car with sniper.

That's possible, though there's a large change you'll miss (do you know the exact number woof :P?). If you keep your sniper in green cover it will cloak fast enough however for you to try it multiple times without the soviet being able to counter snipe you. Just make sure you can protect your sniper in case the m3 rushes in.
5 Jan 2014, 17:10 PM

Permanently Banned
it will kill it in one shoot, but the question is: with attack move or manually select the car? probably attack move, that makes sense.
5 Jan 2014, 22:14 PM

I think we had it confirmed that mark target from two players stacks

Do the following stack:

Soviet HQ Aura?

Command Tanks?

i know the fhq aura stacks. the command tank aura defensive bonus should as well.

That's possible, though there's a large change you'll miss (do you know the exact number woof :P?). If you keep your sniper in green cover it will cloak fast enough however for you to try it multiple times without the soviet being able to counter snipe you. Just make sure you can protect your sniper in case the m3 rushes in.

i believe shooting at units in cars/hts has a .5 accuracy penalty. generally i would really advise against trying to countersnipe a sniper car. it might work if the m3 is busy fighting a lot of grens while you snipe it, but otherwise its way too risky. even if the soviet sniper doesnt hit you (it also has a .5 accuracy penalty if the m3 is moving) the m3 will be able to easily handle a sniper in most situations.
9 Jan 2014, 20:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thnx

G43s on PGs.

Seems like a waste, true?
10 Jan 2014, 11:19 AM

Hi Strategist! I have a couple of question for you :)

(I mostly play germans)

1- I use a build order very similar to the Stephenn ones with 2 Gren, Mg42, Gren, and then a support group again. Now usually i build the t2 and i do 2 pg. In the last few matches i try to do 1 scout car or an Halftruck and then a pg. Problem!! SC and HF are going down in a real short period in my games :/ I m not using them like an assault kamikaze unit. usually they are behind some infantry, but with guards or the oorahhh + At nades the soviet are always able to kill my light vehicles. What i'm doing wrong?

2- How can i counter the soviet sniper? SC? --> look above. Usually a player who uses sniper have guards in protection. I try everything: mortar, flank with heavy assaults of gren, nothing work fine :D what can i do?
10 Jan 2014, 17:59 PM

Thnx

G43s on PGs.

Seems like a waste, true?

NOT A STRATEGIST SO THIS POST IS GOING TO GET INVISIBL'D (but no one's answering)

but i think the G43 is designed to go with the panzershreck upgrade- the squad now becomes a purely long range squad

but yes, by itself the g43's are useless and nerfs the squad

i heard from the dev's that they were going to make the g43 upgrade on PG's 10 munis but that must've been canclled somewhere along the line
12 Jan 2014, 11:36 AM

Hello!

1. My 2v2 game style base on double mg and fast pgren, what are best bullletins to improve performence of mg42?

2. Question to wooof: What are exact bonuses from officer inspire ability? What are the values of accuracy and rof buffs?

3. Another question, probably to wooof aswell :) What are benefits of using Trenches, do they increase survivability? Can trench save unit from precision strike?
13 Jan 2014, 05:52 AM

G43s on PGs.

g43s give you 10 extra range and are better at great than 20m. mp44s are better at 20m or less. like muffin said, with schrecks they might be good since youll want your pgrens at long range. id avoid them though since theyre expensive nad really not worth it.

Hi Strategist! I have a couple of question for you :)

1. i think building t2 vehicles when the soviets have guards is typically a mistake. especially with 1 cp guards, its very hard to make use of them. i would typically use 222 or fht as a counter to shocks. without shocks, i would just build pgrens, assuming the soviets didnt go guards and snipers.

2. looks like that was your next question. guards and snipers is really hard to counter in this patch. i would recommend just spamming grens. i usually hate this strategy, but in this case i find it almost mandatory. this strat pretty much forces you into blobbing. if you have too few infantry squads, the snipers will quickly force a retreat. building pgrens will reduce the number of squads you can build and also make the mp bleed from snipers much worse.

i heard from the dev's that they were going to make the g43 upgrade on PG's 10 munis but that must've been canclled somewhere along the line

ha, you mean you "heard" from the beta

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2014, 11:36 AMslother
Hello!

1. the 4% rate of fire bulletin is the only bulletin that will give you a decent boost to your suppression. accuracy will also increase it, but not by enough to really matter, it mainly increases dps.

i believe the reload modifier only applies to vehicles, while the accuracy modifier applies to all units

3. depends which type of weapon youre talking about.

for example, a mortar would have these modifiers when hitting units in trenches:

these are actually the same modifiers that small arms have against trenches.
13 Jan 2014, 16:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What are the effects when a squad is freezing? It says they fire their weapons slower and move slower.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 4
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W