Login

russian armor

[1v1] Need help on Wehrmacht Encirclement

8 Dec 2017, 03:50 AM
9 Dec 2017, 12:07 PM

Hi Kdragon,
I really appreciate your efforts to try something new, but be aware of the fact that the encirclement doctrine is not the best doctrine. You will have to master it in order to win more than you lose.

Your biggest mistake was your inability to pick "winning" fights. For example in the early game you threw your first pioneers into Echelon-Riflemen-Riflemen combo without any additional support (hmg42) or clever unit usage (using sprint, attacking when he is off-guard, in bad position). In the late game you had the same problem - constantly sending your troops into a meat grinder, against the wall of enemy defenses. Use Pioneers sight advantage and always disengage if the fight is not favorable for you.

I suggest you to amend your build order too. Fast Tier 2 is essential with encirclement doctrine. You need 222 to snowball your early game pressure (you can see yourself how fast you´ve lost map control after m20 showed up). Later on you will need Panzergrenadiers (elite AI forces because Stromtroopers cost 100 munitions to be effective, otherwise they are just expensive grenadiers. One Stromtrooper squad with STGs is enough. Use it behind enemy lines to wipe retreating squads with focus fire ability) and Paks to counter Allied tanks.

In the late game you still could have won if you didn't do these mistakes:

a) Destroying Allied AT gun instead of re-crewing it and using it against his Jacksons

b) Planting teller mines to counter his tanks (before you lost whole map)

c)Floating munitions (not spending it all at those goddamn STGs) and then making a successful breakthrough
with tank de-capture ability and then casting the Apocalypse ability (all units in cut-off-ed territories are eradicated).

d)Leading the 25 minute Tank assault with a plan. If you launched the tank assault along with sprinting pioneers and continued destroying his tanks and killing his infantry you would have won the game.

e)Spending the huge fuel float into double panthers and then steamrolling your opponent.

Hopefully this review will help you to improve yourself so you won't make the same mistakes over and over again. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. I'll do my best to answer them.

Good Luck Comrade,
Hector

PS: Respond to my review once you read it, otherwise I will never know if you read it
9 Dec 2017, 14:17 PM

Hi Kdragon,
I really appreciate your efforts to try something new, but be aware of the fact that the encirclement doctrine is not the best doctrine. You will have to master it in order to win more than you lose.

Your biggest mistake was your inability to pick "winning" fights. For example in the early game you threw your first pioneers into Echelon-Riflemen-Riflemen combo without any additional support (hmg42) or clever unit usage (using sprint, attacking when he is off-guard, in bad position). In the late game you had the same problem - constantly sending your troops into a meat grinder, against the wall of enemy defenses. Use Pioneers sight advantage and always disengage if the fight is not favorable for you.

I suggest you to amend your build order too. Fast Tier 2 is essential with encirclement doctrine. You need 222 to snowball your early game pressure (you can see yourself how fast you´ve lost map control after m20 showed up). Later on you will need Panzergrenadiers (elite AI forces because Stromtroopers cost 100 munitions to be effective, otherwise they are just expensive grenadiers. One Stromtrooper squad with STGs is enough. Use it behind enemy lines to wipe retreating squads with focus fire ability) and Paks to counter Allied tanks.

In the late game you still could have won if you didn't do these mistakes:

a) Destroying Allied AT gun instead of re-crewing it and using it against his Jacksons

b) Planting teller mines to counter his tanks (before you lost whole map)

c)Floating munitions (not spending it all at those goddamn STGs) and then making a successful breakthrough
with tank de-capture ability and then casting the Apocalypse ability (all units in cut-off-ed territories are eradicated).

d)Leading the 25 minute Tank assault with a plan. If you launched the tank assault along with sprinting pioneers and continued destroying his tanks and killing his infantry you would have won the game.

e)Spending the huge fuel float into double panthers and then steamrolling your opponent.

Hopefully this review will help you to improve yourself so you won't make the same mistakes over and over again. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. I'll do my best to answer them.

Good Luck Comrade,
Hector

PS: Respond to my review once you read it, otherwise I will never know if you read it

Thanks! This is very helpful.

I am trying to play this doctrine because I saw VonIvan was playing this build order on the stream the other day. I decided to give it a shot.

Next time I will get a tier two just for safer opening, or do you think getting a early teller mine is not a bad idea?
9 Dec 2017, 14:22 PM

Thanks! This is very helpful.

I am trying to play this doctrine because I saw VonIvan was playing this build order on the stream the other day. I decided to give it a shot.

Next time I will get a tier two just for safer opening, or do you think getting a early teller mine is not a bad idea?

Early teller mine is indeed nice but 222 grants you enourmous map presence because it hardcounters m20 (mine is somewhat unreliable counter) and also soft-counter infantry squads. He wont be able to cap with lone squads because 222 counters any lone capping squads.

PS: There are some rumors that a guide about encirclement piospam is being created, so stay hyped :D
10 Dec 2017, 20:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Early teller mine is indeed nice but 222 grants you enourmous map presence because it hardcounters m20 (mine is somewhat unreliable counter) and also soft-counter infantry squads. He wont be able to cap with lone squads because 222 counters any lone capping squads.

PS: There are some rumors that a guide about encirclement piospam is being created, so stay hyped :D

:banned:
10 Dec 2017, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2017, 20:45 PMTobis

:banned:

222 vs m20 matchup is much more complex, I would even give a slight advantage to the m20 based on the riflemen support. Poke the 222 with your mg and try to get it to dive, pop smoke and jump out with bazooka. Likely outcome is the 222 and m20 dies, but you keep the zooked crew alive. Net win for the USF player. If either of you get snared the other faction will win. If you want to completely hardcounter the 222 you can get m20 and tech bazookas. RE with double zook and an m20 shits all over the 222.

The matchup mostly falls down to who has the best vehicle micro, where the m20 is a bit more maneuverable and has more tricks you can use, so I give it an edge for good players.

Hadcountering doesnt mean diving like a nice person and losing it while doing so. Hardcountering means making the M20 completely combat useless.

USF player will not be able to harm your lone capping squads with M20 anymore because every time he attacks you, you show your 222 up there and force him to back up (he cannot pop uot when your squad is nearby).

You do not have to destroy vehicle in order to hardcounter it. It is enough to re-gain the initiave and force the vehicle to stay behind his forces, thus making it far less potent.

Its the same like when you get a Panther to hardcounter sherman. You do not destroy the sherman with your tiger by yolo-rushing it, yet the single sherman loses its usefulness, because it can no longer engange you without good support
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 70
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak