Login

russian armor

Questions about build orders

4 Dec 2017, 00:54 AM

Hey guys!

I am wondering when is the best time to get the ambulance, weapon upgrades and grenades.
Are these upgrades situational e.g mg spam --> grenades for smoke.
Should i get get 3 or 4 squads before going captain and which ones
Should i use the pak howitzer, mortar, both or nether

i generaly play 1v1 but knowing for all game modes is nice.
Thanks in adace:D
4 Dec 2017, 03:26 AM

I would get Ambulance after your 1st Officer, unless you got one of those squads at full members but very low health. Upgrades are not something you need to rush, you should buy them once you have stocked enough munitions for a few BARs or Bazookas if you went LT. Grenades depends a lot on the enemy composition, as you will be using it mostly for the smoke, frags can do work but in 1vs1 people will usually dodge them easily.
3 Riflemen is ideal, as you will need them later on and you get another "free squad" by teching up.

I would use the Pack Howitzer vs the Wehrmacht, else use the Mortar if you need more smoke or flush enemies out of buildings and/or cover.

Welcome to CoH2.org
4 Dec 2017, 05:27 AM

Thanks for that super usful
4 Dec 2017, 14:03 PM

The question is tricky, it depends on what you need. Keep in mind it is all about your feeling during the game.

Grenade are situational and you'll probably unlock them vs Oshteer vs HMGs play. Do not mind to wait your T1 or T2, unlock them if you need smoke and don't want to use the mortar. If you play well, the 25mu cost is negated by your freedom to flank and cap on the map, target his fuel to slow down his tiering to your level.

BARs/Zook, I usually unlock them right after T1 Lieutenant and keep 50 munitions un bank for an early zook (in case of early vehicle rush), but I equip BARs asap, early BARs are a must and can give you a strong momentum early game, the difference in firepower is huge and having two squads with BARs (one RM + Lieutenant) worth the price. the only notable exception is if there is a sniper and I need a fast M20.
If I plan T2 first, I unlock BARs/Zook before building the Captain because I'll be short in fire power before fielding the stuart or Pak.

Ambulance, before T1 or T2 on a balanced match. If I dominate or there isn't a low life squad I can build it later.

About build Order, the general idea is if you go T1 first you build 3 RMs first. If you go T2 First, you build 4 RMs. Then what you build around is up to you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
Mexico 20
unknown 10
Germany 728
New Zealand 14
United States 3
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias