Login

russian armor

Demolition Charges

10 Aug 2013, 04:58 AM

For 90 munitions these are just terrible. If planted next to a decrewed pak to kill a squad it won't even destroy the pak. Also it does not instagib units in buildings.. as of right now they are pretty useless. I feel even satchel has bigger splash.
10 Aug 2013, 05:14 AM

Agreed.

Demo's on the ground are effectively useless in my opinion. Your much better spending that 90 ammo on 3 mines instead. Should be a greater investment for potentially bigger return, however it just doesn't have the effect. Will never get effects and feelings like this again :(

The size of the house plays a massive factor with demos. It actually usually does instant kill squads, provided it is a small/medium size building. However all the buildings that are large the garrison squad will almost always survive. It is how buildings are fucntion though, have to level the whole thing to the ground to kill stuff. I think this is wrong for demo's though, should have a higher kill rate for such an expenisve investment.

Make them longer to build and with a greater area of effect radius would be a decent idea for the current price I think.
10 Aug 2013, 06:51 AM

Agreed.

Demo's on the ground are effectively useless in my opinion. Your much better spending that 90 ammo on 3 mines instead. Should be a greater investment for potentially bigger return, however it just doesn't have the effect. Will never get effects and feelings like this again :(

The size of the house plays a massive factor with demos. It actually usually does instant kill squads, provided it is a small/medium size building. However all the buildings that are large the garrison squad will almost always survive. It is how buildings are fucntion though, have to level the whole thing to the ground to kill stuff. I think this is wrong for demo's though, should have a higher kill rate for such an expenisve investment.

Make them longer to build and with a greater area of effect radius would be a decent idea for the current price I think.

Best demo ever :thumbsup:
10 Aug 2013, 19:26 PM

Which is my problem. In COH 1 regardless of infantry position or building size the demo instagibbed them and was only a 60 muni investment after a 35 fuel and ~120 manpower upgrade.
11 Aug 2013, 12:52 PM

Agreed.

I just watched this video 10 times. I love it. His reaction is priceless. I love that moment in the game when you do something that you know shocked even your opponent. Priceless.
11 Aug 2013, 12:58 PM

Permanently Banned
stephenn brings the bigfaces :P
12 Aug 2013, 12:57 PM

aw man potter I was searching the fanclub room and I couldn't find a fanthread on you..better start owning with UP demos
12 Aug 2013, 13:31 PM

I do not understand why the Russian mines cost 30 ammo and they are both anti-tank and anti infantry, while the German ones that cost 60 ammo are only anti-tank, it should be the other way around?

for the demo is better use them for the trap bridge
12 Aug 2013, 14:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Im quite certain mines overall will be addressed in a later patch. I think its fair to say that Ost mines are a problem, especially considering the current Muni drain on that faction.

The Demo pack is an interesting anomaly, specifically because of its capacity to nuke bridges (or more importantly, the units on the bridge at that time). Works on Ice too as a detonatable AoE ordnance that can potentially sink units that otherwise would not directly pass over a conventional mine.

Ive not often enough yet seen it used on particular buildings to be able to guage its effectiveness to oneshot a unit within it by collapsing the structure. Id be interested to see if it can.
12 Aug 2013, 14:25 PM

Was in a situation where my SU-85 engine was damaged, I planted a Demo charge next to it so that when the panther/p4 (can't remember which) started circling it, I could detonate it. Worked a treat and their tank died, mine survived.

Doubt that will happen again for a long time, was highly entertaining though.

But to the OP, personally the charge needs to be massive damage and a decent AOE radius as per the above video posted. It's a rare occurrence to pull off something with the demo charge, so it must be spectacular when it happens imo.
12 Aug 2013, 19:23 PM

Demolition charges are good on both the summer and winter Pripyat maps. Plant them on the bridges and on the small ice paths in the north and south by the points, and wait to sink some big, juicy target. Otherwise, I basically never use them.
12 Aug 2013, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

their good for ice :D

but yeah I was very disappointed for the few times I used them.
13 Aug 2013, 19:33 PM

aw man potter I was searching the fanclub room and I couldn't find a fanthread on you..better start owning with UP demos

wehrmacht play was never really appreciated
13 Aug 2013, 19:37 PM
Donator 11

did anyone test a demo charge on house/church ? what's the damage like ?
13 Aug 2013, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 19:37 PMZ3r07
did anyone test a demo charge on house/church ? what's the damage like ?

I've mostly demo'd houses. When one squad is in it will instantly kill the entire squad. I haven't tested this on more than one unit because my enemies usually aren't willing to throw more than 1 into a building at a time.
13 Aug 2013, 19:43 PM
Donator 11

I've mostly demo'd houses. When one squad is in it will instantly kill the entire squad. I haven't tested this on more than one unit because my enemies usually aren't willing to throw more than 1 into a building at a time.

can it destroy a house or church with the demo charge alone ?
13 Aug 2013, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 19:43 PMZ3r07

I don't think so, I think I'll start playing with demos to see if I can figure out where it stands with building destruction.
13 Aug 2013, 19:52 PM

In VCOH 1 it will instantly kill the entire squad. It hasn't been my experience in this game where it instagibs. It acts like a larger grenade where if a unit in the building is out of the blast radius it will be unharmed.
13 Aug 2013, 19:54 PM

In VCOH 1 it will instantly kill the entire squad. It hasn't been my experience in this game where it instagibs. It acts like a larger grenade where if a unit in the building is out of the blast radius it will be unharmed.

Really? I've had really solid luck using them then :P
13 Aug 2013, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 19:43 PMZ3r07

It will not destroy a church or kill all squad members inside it. It's more effective, the smaller the structure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★