Login

russian armor

Vehicle Abandonment More Likely in Base Sectors?

29 Nov 2017, 03:29 AM

To the folks behind the balance patch:

I'm hoping with your knowledge of the inner workings of COH2, you can verify something for me.

I've been playing since beta. I have an embarrassing number of hours in the game so I hope this observation bears some weight.

Vehicles that are destroyed in enemy base sectors are more likely to abandoned, perhaps by as much as a factor of 2x, than vehicles on the main field.

I just had two get abandoned in a 3v3 in enemy base sectors while I was screwing around. Two. The odds of that are pretty small.

I've had this suspicion since about 6 months after release, but no one's ever verified, or really commented on it except me and maybe one or two others I know.

I want it verified. It happens WAY too often to be coincidence. I've always thought of it as a hidden comeback mechanism the designers stuck in the game - enemy gets cocky, raids your base, their tank gets killed and becomes a tool you can use to get back in the game.

I could be wrong. It could have something to with damage from small projectiles, PTRS and zooks, for example making it more likely because there's not enough damage to completly wreck the tank, resulting in abandonment. Thus when base raiding your tank may die to those, not AT guns per se.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I would love an answer to this.
29 Nov 2017, 07:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As a modmaker, I'm familiar with many of files, but I cannot verify this.
I know this: Each tank has a critical 'abandon' (along with many others) with a static chance under a certain percentage hp. If there is such a difference in the chances within base sectors, then there must be some multiplier in the engine which I out of my reach. However, I think the weapons DO have an impact. The chance per hit is static, but the weaker weapons need more shots and have more chances to get the critical that way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★