Login

russian armor

[DBP] Royal Engineer Doctrine feedback thread

21 Jan 2018, 22:06 PM

Sorry if I find it somewhat beyond parody old bean.

Anyone else think the command panther is inadequate?
21 Jan 2018, 22:32 PM

Sorry if I find it somewhat beyond parody old bean.

Anyone else think the command panther is inadequate?

Are you comparing auras or units?

Did I say that CP is inadequate?
22 Jan 2018, 02:23 AM

Both the aura and the vehicle are clearly superior to anything the UKF can field.

Massively so.
22 Jan 2018, 10:27 AM

Both the aura and the vehicle are clearly superior to anything the UKF can field.

Massively so.

C.Pan. is more expensive than normal Panther has a lesser gun and its CP 11. The only reason its any good is because of "mark target".

The Aura is simply inferior. And imagine you invest a tone of fuel on a C.Pan., how many units will actually benefit from the aura and in what time-frame?
22 Jan 2018, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 10:27 AMVipper

CP is more expensive than normal Panther has a lesser and its CP 11. The only reason its any good is because of mark target.

The Aura is simply inferior. I imagine you invest a tone of fuel on a CP how many units will actually benefit from the aura and in what timeframe?

Dont forget Command Panther can spot for itself normal panther not thats a huge advantage.
22 Jan 2018, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 10:36 AMNilon

Dont forget Command Panther can spot for itself normal panther not thats a huge advantage.

I am talking mostly about the Aura, C.Pan. is not a bad unit.

It is not a cost efficient (560/225, 18 pop) support unit thou.

"Designate command vehicle" provides a superior aura and it is a solid (if not OP ability), neither C.PzIV nor C.Pan are more cost efficient support units.
22 Jan 2018, 11:22 AM

So you'd be fine with the CV being replaced with an 11CP Command Comet with identical aura and vet properties to the Command Panther then Vipper? ;)

Comet isn't a bad unit.
22 Jan 2018, 11:50 AM

So you'd be fine with the CV being replaced with an 11CP Command Comet with identical aura and vet properties to the Command Panther then Vipper? ;)

Comet isn't a bad unit.

If UKF vehicles where equally expensive to tech and build, I would fine.

Again the reason the C.Pan is goo has nothing to do with aura. It has to do with mark Target (and the fact it has not tech cost). Take away mark target and the units will be UP.

Why are we debating the C.Pan, try the ability "D.C.V." it is really solid if not OP.
23 Jan 2018, 00:39 AM

They are.

The CV isn't OP, it's crap. You clearly haven't used it.
23 Jan 2018, 08:20 AM

They are.

The CV isn't OP, it's crap. You clearly haven't used it.

They are not.
The CV isn,t crap, it's great. You clearly haven't used it
23 Jan 2018, 08:49 AM

i think ive gotten a vet 5 cmd panther literally once after playing this game for 4 years. the cmd vehicle is much better since u get the bonus right away instead of having to grind out a vet 5 panther which is nearly impossible these days
23 Jan 2018, 08:57 AM

My 2 cents on the reworked Engineer Doctrine, as I have been using it a lot in team games recently.

The motivation behind using the commander is mostly orientated around the AVRE as a reliable way to get rid of OKW blobs. Either by scaring them off or wiping those careless enough to blob and stick around long enough to take a dustbin to the face.

Overall I find I use all the commanders abilities but the commander does feeler weaker than previous iterations.

Command Vehicle
Nice that its no longer slow and can keep up with the army advance. Its difficult to gauge its impact in the choas of a teams battles but a few cheat mod test rounds should clear it up.

Stand Fast
By no means OP and does the job of repairing your emplacements. I would say good as is.

Vehicle Repair
Older version was more cost effective but less flexible. Useful but I find I end up burning up my munitions if the game devolves into a heavy tank slug fest. The nerf to sapper/heavy sapper repair speed is really felt in the late game.

Flame Mortar
Works well enough as an area denial tool but thats all. Not actually witnessed it killing models, so its just a don't stand here ability, nothing that will rock either sides world. Would like to test further.

AVRE
The nerf to health is the most noticeable change which make it a risky unit to use. Its increased armour bounces a few more shots but it doesn't help at all against the Kraut heavies which are prominent in team games. Used to be able to rely on the health to get it in and out again but now it can easily die before it can even fire. This has turned it into an ambush unit rather than a spearhead break though unit, I find. Snares are particularly dangerous as you relying on speed and every Jerry and their dog has a faust these days.
Even though the AVRE is weaker now I still use it to keep those OKW bonsi blobs at bay, though I'm not convinced that its cost effective or the best solution. Still better than the nerfed croc I think.

Overall the commander is middle ground okay, not cheesy or OP or overly underwhelming.
25 Jan 2018, 08:39 AM

Just some feedback after performing a few tests using the flame mortar ability and command vehicle.

Flame Mortar
Several surprising features about the ability that I was not aware about.
- The bulk of the damage comes from the mortar impact rather than the DOT. Impact damage is significant while DOT is quite low and full health squads can easily walk through the flames without suffering to much.
- Can destroy light vehicles, like werfers and half tracks. Useful if the enemy is not paying attention.
- Reliably decrews arty and pak43 positions - makes it good for dealing with arty spam in team games.
- Rounds fall on in fairly concentrated area.
- Very good at burning down houses, does so quickly.
- Time between ability call down and rounds arriving is ~7 sec, so the other has more than enough time to respond.

Command Vehicle
Tried testing the command vehicle usefulness with infantry but RNG heavy nature of inf. combat produced varying results, so the impact of the aura is not so apparent. Does make an noticeable difference to 6pdr guns and vickers however.
For vehicles, the aura effect is clear cut, particularly for rate of fire. The biggest winners would be lots of mediums rather than a few Brit heavies I think. This will allow one to mix up the strategies a bit.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
Russian Federation 58
unknown 48
United States 22
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L