Login

russian armor

CoH 2 DPS Spreadsheet

10 Oct 2013, 01:11 AM

Not misses, but what individual entity the soldier fires the weapon at, where the damage is applied.

Squad A firing on Squad X with regular rifles. What do they fire at, where is the damage concentrated in a squad to cause early deaths.

Easy enough with cannons and mortars since that's just where the round hits.

But I'm trying to figure out if stuff like the LMG spreads out the damage like a squad weapon, or if it really is applying all of its damage to just 1 soldier. And, if it will continue firing at the same selected target.
10 Oct 2013, 01:23 AM

So, was the PGren G43 changed in this patch too? Or is it just the Grenadier version which was mentioned in the notes? Now that the patch is live, can someone check this in the files?

If it's still at 30 damage, which G43 is overall better? I reckon the Gren one is slightly better at long range while the Pgren G43 is better at short range. Looking at the sheet, it doesn't seem worth it to upgrade it on Grenadiers if you got PGs at hand, seeing as you pay the same munitions price for both
10 Oct 2013, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 01:11 AMTurtle
Not misses, but what individual entity the soldier fires the weapon at, where the damage is applied.

Squad A firing on Squad X with regular rifles. What do they fire at, where is the damage concentrated in a squad to cause early deaths.

Easy enough with cannons and mortars since that's just where the round hits.

But I'm trying to figure out if stuff like the LMG spreads out the damage like a squad weapon, or if it really is applying all of its damage to just 1 soldier. And, if it will continue firing at the same selected target.

i have no idea how this works. im not sure, but i doubt this is related to individual unit stats. my guess is this has more to do with general unit AI. thats just a guess though. you could probably figure this one out just by observing your units closely in game. i dont think an lmg will switch entities until it kills the one it was shooting at. ive never really paid much attention.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 01:23 AMSkynyrd
So, was the PGren G43 changed in this patch too? Or is it just the Grenadier version which was mentioned in the notes? Now that the patch is live, can someone check this in the files?

If it's still at 30 damage, which G43 is overall better? I reckon the Gren one is slightly better at long range while the Pgren G43 is better at short range. Looking at the sheet, it doesn't seem worth it to upgrade it on Grenadiers if you got PGs at hand, seeing as you pay the same munitions price for both

i just checked. pgren g43 is unchanged. based purely on stats, i guess the pgren g43 is better. its barely worse at long range but much better at close range. the differece is the pgrens lose mp44s, which already do great dps at close range. so upgrading g43s on pgrens improved their long range dps, but actually hurts their near dps. g43s on grens is an upgrade in every way. based on that, id rather have g43s on grens and keep my pgrens for close range. it really comes down to preference though.
10 Oct 2013, 04:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 01:57 AMwooof

i just checked. pgren g43 is unchanged. based purely on stats, i guess the pgren g43 is better. its barely worse at long range but much better at close range. the differece is the pgrens lose mp44s, which already do great dps at close range. so upgrading g43s on pgrens improved their long range dps, but actually hurts their near dps. g43s on grens is an upgrade in every way. based on that, id rather have g43s on grens and keep my pgrens for close range. it really comes down to preference though.

Thanks for the confirmation. My initial thought was that by upgrading the G43s on Pgrens instead of Grens you could have a really versatile unit that does very well at pretty much any range, since the 30 damage G43 sounds really quite usable at short range.

Even though it decreases squad dps, the trade off might be worth it for the fact that you have a unit that is so consistent at every range. Not to mention the fact that G43 Pgrens can still just throw a bundle at extreme close range if it's needed, their 30 damage G43s and 2 Mp44s should still make for quite a good close range unit.

In comparison, G43 Grenadiers are pretty fucked if a unit charges into close range. When a player sees G43s on Grenadiers, he will charge them. When he sees them on Pgrens he has to decide if it's worth the risk of getting bundled. If he wont, then the G43s will deal a lot of damage to him
10 Oct 2013, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 04:18 AMSkynyrd

In comparison, G43 Grenadiers are pretty fucked if a unit charges into close range. When a player sees G43s on Grenadiers, he will charge them. When he sees them on Pgrens he has to decide if it's worth the risk of getting bundled. If he wont, then the G43s will deal a lot of damage to him

Even with the recent change to G43s, it's still one of the best close range weapons out there and G43 Grenadiers will lose only to Shock Troops (assuming no granades and same vet levels).

Even if some other soviet weapons/squads are slightly stronger than G43 at close range (PPSh conscripts, Penals, Guards) they will lose enough HP when moving up to Grens to lose the whole engagement.

So, no, I wouldn't say that G43 Grens are fucked up when someone charges up to them.
10 Oct 2013, 16:16 PM

Even with the recent change to G43s, it's still one of the best close range weapons out there and G43 Grenadiers will lose only to Shock Troops (assuming no granades and same vet levels).

Even if some other soviet weapons/squads are slightly stronger than G43 at close range (PPSh conscripts, Penals, Guards) they will lose enough HP when moving up to Grens to lose the whole engagement.

So, no, I wouldn't say that G43 Grens are fucked up when someone charges up to them.

You didn't understand my post correctly, because you seem to ignore the first 2 words of that last paragraph, as I wrote in comparison to Pgrens with G43s. Not generally speaking, as I am aware that G43s aren't bad at short
10 Oct 2013, 16:26 PM

Fair enough - misunderstood you there.
Since "pretty fucked" for me means that they would actually get worse in close (or their advantage from getting close would have been MUCH worse than what their opponents would gain) than they are far away - and that was the general impression I got for your post.
10 Oct 2013, 17:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Dont G43-Grens lose to Penals at close range?
10 Oct 2013, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 17:26 PMNullist
Dont G43-Grens lose to Penals at close range?

grens with g43s do 20.24 dps near and 9.90 dps far.
penals do 34.67 dps near and 8.95 dps far.

so penals would win at close range, especially with a flamer. the issue is getting into close range. a gren squad should never charge penals as they would be giving up their advantage. so if grens are sitting still in cover while penals try to charge them, its hard to say who would win.

if you wanted to go completely overkill, you could also put an lmg on the grens (one of my friends does this quite frequently). this combo definitely got nerfed last patch, but would still give the grens 33.394 dps near and 12.224 dps far. then grens definitely have the advantage if they can set up the lmg in time. i just cant bring myself to invest that much into 1 gren squad.
10 Oct 2013, 22:43 PM

Then there's the damage spread and individual death. How much straight damage does the G43 do over the SVT?

The LMG will target a soldier and keep shooting him until he drops. And if he doesn't drop in the first burst, he'll take so much damage that he can be dropped by normal rifle fire.

The G43 really only has the same damage as a rifle, but has higher DPS from range, accuracy, and rate of fire (a combination of stats). But, I'm not sure of how targeting works so I don't know if G43s will switch targets after taking a shot.

Every time a man dies in a unit, that unit's DPS drops. One of the big strengths of Grens is their ability to quickly kill a soldier at long range to gain an advantage.
11 Oct 2013, 06:09 AM

Permanently Banned
So Penals severely beat G43 at close range, and lose slightly at long range.
Unupgraded Grens will just flat out lose.

Thanks!

LMG has its own drawbacks, such as the internal setup and model dancing.
And ofc has to grant some bang for its buck.

As to considering "closing into range" when comparing DPS figures, its only one mitigating factor out of many situational ones. "Flanking" is the obvious and universal answer to this, and not a direct balance issue. Equally it can be said that "Well, dude, Grens have to like, turn around and move away, during which time they do no DPS, if a Penal gets into close range, and thats like, important, you know, man...".

My primary purpose is correcting the mess of people misrepresenting/misinterpreting Penal DPS as if it was inferior or somehow sub-par, which it is not, by far.
24 Nov 2013, 02:22 AM

just finally updated this for the latest patch. added the changes to existed units. added dps numbers for partisans and dshk. kv2 is now on the vehicle tab. updated the chance for flamethrowers to explode on the crit tables.
11 Dec 2013, 19:56 PM

updated for the december patch. i just noticed a pretty major change though. stats now have a mid value as well as a near and far. this wont have a major effect on most things for now (mid values seem to be close to the average of near/far for now), but could allow for some serious changes in the future. its going to take a while to update the spreadsheet to accurately reflect these mid values, so keep that in mind when using these numbers. most of the numbers are still pretty accurate regardless though.
11 Dec 2013, 19:58 PM

Wooof, you are the best!
11 Dec 2013, 20:00 PM

Oh wow, this is interesting. So they are probably planning to expand the current linear scaling by one step. For example, SMGs could have a slighter damage drop-off between 10 m and 20 m than from 20 m to 30 m.
Or do I read this wrong?

Also thanks for all the work <444>3
11 Dec 2013, 20:18 PM

glad my work is appreciated :)

you read it right though rofl. this will make things less linear.
12 Dec 2013, 10:28 AM

21 Dec 2013, 08:30 AM

i finally got around to working on this. while trying to add the new mid values, i found we actually made a mistake in our interpolation. the near and far values were correct, but the intermediate values were a bit off. i wrote up a new formula, but progress is a bit slower since its become a bit more complicated as you can see here:

Code
=((INT(AD4*AM4)-((INT(AD4*AM4)-INT(AE4*AN4))*(J$53-$C56)/($D56-$C56)))*(BO6+1))*(($C6+$D6)/2)*($E6-($E6-$F6)*(J$53-$C56)/($D56-$C56))/((((((($AY6+$AZ6)/2)*BA6)+((($AT6+$AU6)/2)*AV6)+$AS6+$BD6)*(BO6+1))+(((($BE6+$BF6)/2)*BG6)*$BO6)+((($BJ6+$BK6)/2)*BL6))+((((((($AY6+$AZ6)/2)*BB6)+((($AT6+$AU6)/2)*AW6)+$AS6+$BD6)*($BO6+1))+(((($BE6+$BF6)/2)*BH6)*$BO6)+((($BJ6+$BK6)/2)*BM6))-(((((($AY6+$AZ6)/2)*BA6)+((($AT6+$AU6)/2)*AV6)+$AS6+$BD6)*(BO6+1))+(((($BE6+$BF6)/2)*BG6)*$BO6)+((($BJ6+$BK6)/2)*BL6)))*(J$53-$C56)/($D56-$C56))

this formula is more accurate and also allows me to factor in the new mid range stats. the mid range doesnt have an effect yet, but now the sheet will be ready for when relic actually makes use of them.

since the old sheet was a bit off, i took it down and ive started a new one. only small arms is done for now, but ill add the other tabs back in eventually.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
21 Dec 2013, 17:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

bad woof, stop being so awesome. :D

21 Dec 2013, 19:37 PM

hmm... the spread sheet ask for permissions now...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS