Login

russian armor

CoH 2 DPS Spreadsheet

9 Aug 2013, 05:10 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdGF4VURuYjVGZXlIN3ptbV8tbzRzN0E&usp=drive_web

Most of the work and credit goes to wooof, who did most of the work.

Additional credit goes to Milkacow and Sturmhaubitz from the official forums.
9 Aug 2013, 06:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

This is great work, guys! (At the very least, a great start!)
9 Aug 2013, 12:17 PM

Is there any way we can get PTRS calculations for Guards Rifles?
9 Aug 2013, 17:33 PM

Is there any way we can get PTRS calculations for Guards Rifles?

yea im going to work on this more today. were you looking for the numbers against infantry or tanks? i havent looked at it, but im assuming the numbers against infantry might be pointless, depending on accuracy. we were going to include ptrs and schrecks on the tank gun tab. we also thought it would be useful to try and calculate an "average time to kill vehicle x" with each tank gun.

EDIT: just so you guys know, we just found the devs actual formula and were trying to make sense of it. this means we may have to start practically from scratch but should give more accurate numbers. if we stuck with the current formula this sheet could be done today, but i think itd be more useful to take the time and figure out the correct formula now.
9 Aug 2013, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2013, 17:33 PMwooof

yea im going to work on this more today. were you looking for the numbers against infantry or tanks? i havent looked at it, but im assuming the numbers against infantry might be pointless, depending on accuracy. we were going to include ptrs and schrecks on the tank gun tab. we also thought it would be useful to try and calculate an "average time to kill vehicle x" with each tank gun.

Both would be great to have tbh. Though I'm not sure how PTRS target selection works(I.E. Like an inaccurate rifle or a PzSchrek).
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 9 Aug 2013, 20:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Our gameplay programmer posted the actual formula on the community website under the strategy section. I believe it was in a thread about Conscripts vs. Grenadiers. If you want to track down that formula, it might help out!
9 Aug 2013, 20:31 PM

from what i understand, all types of accuracy work the same. it involves multiplying the accuracy by target size. this is why AT guns and most tank cannons are so inaccurate against infantry. AT guns and tanks have .05 near accuracy while small arms are more like .5. since infantry target size is 1, a rifle would have a 50% chance to hit in this example. panzerschrecks and ptrs would only have a 5% chance.

ill use the t34 as the target for an example of a target for ptrs now. its target size is 22 so at near range it has a 110% chance to hit. this might raise the question, how do tanks like ostwind and t70 hit infantry so often, and that all has to do with scatter and aoe. scatter is only calculated on misses so even though they miss over 95% of the time, a small amount of scatter could still result in a hit.

hopefully that makes sense and clears things up a bit. kind of a very long explanation just to say that i dont think ptrs dps vs infantry is worth calculating :) maybe if i have extra time, but i can already tell you its going to be very very low.
9 Aug 2013, 20:39 PM

Our gameplay programmer posted the actual formula on the community website under the strategy section. I believe it was in a thread about Conscripts vs. Grenadiers. If you want to track down that formula, it might help out!

and thanks pqumsieh thats actually the formula i found today. im still trying to figure out how it works though. would you care to explain what stats go in which columns? :)
10 Aug 2013, 20:29 PM

alright. the first page (small arms) is now correct. the new formula works perfectly.

also pqumsieh in case you see this, the numbers you posted in the link given by endeav were actaully incorrect. you stated them as far dps numbers, when in fact they are for a distance of 30, so the far numbers are actually lower. that threw us all off until sturmhaubitze caught it. just so you know and maybe could edit that post so no one else gets confused.
10 Aug 2013, 23:21 PM

You actually had to figure out the proper formula just a few days before I had posted it on my site together with a new functionality update, didn't you? ;)

And while pqumsieh have made the mistake here (didn't include ranges), on the official forums he did specifically list 10 and 30 as ranges that were calculated.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 11 Aug 2013, 03:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge

My mistake, should have been more explicit. Glad to see you guys got things working!
11 Aug 2013, 22:16 PM

vehicle small arms is now complete on the second tab. with the help of MilkaCow we also added tables to both of the completed tabs. these include dps at range intervals of 5 as well as a simple calculation to find average time to kill infantry squads with each weapon, also at range intervals of 5 (this assumes your squad doesnt lose any men though, as that would reduce your dps).

we may add a more complicated set of tables in the future that account for losing men if there is enough interest, but this would require seperate tables for each squad combination since all dps values are different. for example conscript vs gren, conscript vs pgren, etc.
15 Aug 2013, 21:08 PM

tabs 1-3 are now done (although we havent factored in flamer instakills yet, thats coming). these tabs include all infantry small arms, vehicle/bunker small arms and mortars/grenades. note that mortar dps does not factor in aoe or accuracy, it assumes all mortars are direct hits, and only hit a single model.

one interesting thing milkacow recently figured out is the german sniper does not shoot much faster than the soviet sniper. it shoots about 1.4 times faster at near range but only 1.1 times faster at far range. since snipers are often at long range, the german sniper rarely makes use of its increased shooting speed. this is contrary to many posts ive seen on the forums.
16 Aug 2013, 03:02 AM

Permanently Banned
This gave me a gamer boner...

LET TEH MIN/MAXING BEGIN,
16 Aug 2013, 10:14 AM

Wow Ostruppen are appalling.
17 Aug 2013, 23:31 PM

ok the fourth tab is now (mostly) complete. it has stats on all the vehicles, though we ignored vehicle weapons that were already covered on tab 2. this tab focuses on tank/AT guns.

then if you click the name of a vehicle, it will take you to a seperate sheet with tables for that vehicles weapon vs every other vehicle. it will show things like chance to penetrate in the front/rear, average shots to kill in front/rear and average time to kill in front/rear. a few of the time to kill tables arent done yet (222, ostwind, ptrs) because their formulas are much more complex though. ill try to calculate those soon. i chose to skip panzerwerfer/katyusha though due to their damage being so inconsistent.

note that these numbers count all misses as doing 0 damage. in other words, they do not factor in scatter because its so complex and inconsistent.

also, cyridius, i ended up adding ptrs and panzerschrecks to the infantry tab for you. as expected, dps is very low and will rely mainly on luck, but the numbers are there if youre curious. i also added them into the squad tables down below so you can see how upgrading schrecks affects a pgren squads dps.
23 Aug 2013, 01:03 AM

This spreadsheet is awesome.
28 Aug 2013, 06:23 AM

We could use some feedback on this sheet, if there are any usability issues. At the moment there is a bug with regards to time to kill for vehicle tabs, which is adding damage for increased accuracy numbers at close range, but this should be resolved soon.
28 Aug 2013, 08:02 AM

This is awesome guys, thanks a lot.

One request: i haven't seen a page for vehicle armor/hp and manpower/fuel costs yet.(ever since darkbladecr's one got taken down) Would be a nice addition.

What the community really needs is a coh2 wiki with all unit stats/costs/dps/hp/penetration, doctrinals stats+costs, cover bonus values, ranges, etc etc etc all in one site. I can imagine that will take a lot of work though and should actually be done by relic at some stage *hint *hint :D :D ^^ I do understand that balancing should be a higher priority but this should also be in your plans ;)

28 Aug 2013, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 08:02 AMMauser
This is awesome guys, thanks a lot.

One request: i haven't seen a page for vehicle armor/hp and manpower/fuel costs yet.(ever since darkbladecr's one got taken down) Would be a nice addition.

What the community really needs is a coh2 wiki with all unit stats/costs/dps/hp/penetration doctrinals, cover bonuses, ranges, etc etc etc all in one site. I can imagine that will take a lot of work though and should actually be done by relic at some stage *hint *hint :D :D ^^

The vehicle page does list unit hp/armor, however it doesn't currently list costs, I'll get around to that today probably.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS