Login

russian armor

Snipers shooting at units in buildings

8 Aug 2013, 16:04 PM

Anyone notice that the snipers (particularly the German ones) are awful at shooting units that are in buildings?

What is the reason/deal here?
VRL
8 Aug 2013, 16:24 PM

Snipers have 50% Accuracy vs. Units in buildings.
8 Aug 2013, 16:25 PM

its the same for both sniper russian and german
8 Aug 2013, 16:59 PM
Benefactor 115

it's 40%, best thing to do against sniper cars is stay in a building till T2 is done.
8 Aug 2013, 18:19 PM

Does it make any difference if there's guys in windows on the side facing the sniper?
8 Aug 2013, 18:42 PM

So essentially a 6 man mg squad in a building beats a sniper? DERRRRRR
8 Aug 2013, 18:54 PM
Benefactor 115

essentially don't use snipers to shoot buildings.
8 Aug 2013, 18:58 PM

Oh good - because that makes them way more useful.
10 Aug 2013, 03:47 AM

Building is in god-mode, needs nerf to vCOH level
10 Aug 2013, 04:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2013, 03:47 AMUGBEAR
Building is in god-mode, needs nerf to vCOH level

This is actually impossible I think at the current stages and will require complete programming. I am 90% certain the houses are programmed differently in CoH2 incomparsion to CoH1. Shoot at a destroyed portion of a house, you never actually hurt what is garrisoned inside. Better to attack from a healthy side of the house, however in CoH1 more damage was done to AoE weapons if more men were there. I feel this is the best order of units to counter buildings. Mortar, flamers, demo, nades, snipers then infantry.
10 Aug 2013, 05:10 AM

This is actually impossible I think at the current stages and will require complete programming. I am 90% certain the houses are programmed differently in CoH2 incomparsion to CoH1. Shoot at a destroyed portion of a house, you never actually hurt what is garrisoned inside. Better to attack from a healthy side of the house, however in CoH1 more damage was done to AoE weapons if more men were there. I feel this is the best order of units to counter buildings. Mortar, flamers, demo, nades, snipers then infantry.

Yeah, while I riflenade the corner of the house, boom, whole cons squad inside is down
but if I just riflenade at the the windows, nothing happens

that piss me off

IF you want the building fuck up ASAP, bomb the corner

maybe you need some magically way to snipe dudes inside?
why I use sniper trying clear MG, he never kill anyone

while I saw a sniper car and run into building, they snipe my gren one by one

What is this joke?
10 Aug 2013, 08:17 AM

Guys.. The sniper micro was too complicated for many players in vcoh.. and the cloak in red was such irrealistic, they had to nerflenerf the sniper.

Don't even call it a sniper in coh2 btw. This is a support rifle, expensive as fuck, with a pretty accurate gun but no idea how to use it.. War came pretty fast, no time to learn all the stuff.
10 Aug 2013, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2013, 08:17 AMPepsi
Guys.. The sniper micro was too complicated for many players in vcoh.. and the cloak in red was such irrealistic, they had to nerflenerf the sniper.

Don't even call it a sniper in coh2 btw. This is a support rifle, expensive as fuck, with a pretty accurate gun but no idea how to use it.. War came pretty fast, no time to learn all the stuff.

yeah, too fast for the nazi scientists to create a space-ship and fly over to the halo universe to bring back active camoflauge
10 Aug 2013, 10:32 AM

10 Aug 2013, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2013, 08:17 AMPepsi

This is how I read that last part

"Don't even call it coh2 btw. This game lacks support, expensive as fuck, with a pretty good idea but no idea how to use it.. The deadline came pretty fast, no time to implement all the stuff."
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★