Login

russian armor

Can we ban trolls ?

• This thread is locked
13 Nov 2017, 22:23 PM

i never saw any interesting outcome of the balance threads since i joined this forum.

balance thread should be locked to high rank player ONLY, let the other part of the forum for the troll/fanboys so that they can still whine and on the other hand for once we could really discuss about balance change.

when it's about improving stuff, coh2.org staff is as incompetent as relic..
14 Nov 2017, 01:41 AM

i never saw any interesting outcome of the balance threads since i joined this forum.

balance thread should be locked to high rank player ONLY, let the other part of the forum for the troll/fanboys so that they can still whine and on the other hand for once we could really discuss about balance change.

they want free speach:P

but a section only for certain players that can post while others read would be very cool!
14 Nov 2017, 03:06 AM

I think people need to have their playercard linked in order to post.

If I'm asking how to beat Top 25 OKW players I don't need someone who plays rank ~500 games trying to tell me how to win.
15 Nov 2017, 13:23 PM

I do not agree with your opinion. There are many flawless errors in your thoughts.

At first, where you would draw the line between a high rank player who can post there and the others ? Top 50, top 100 ? top 200 ? Or only names ? Do remeber that most top tourney players do not care about the game at all now and that many high level player with great game understanding do not have rank because they prefer to play costum games or focus more on other aspects of the game, like creating strategies or helping the others instread of inflating their rank by bashing 500+ rank noobs.

Another fact is that everyone should have the right to post in balance sections because sometimes even players with worse ranks have good thoughts and good game knowledge.

The problem is that many players cannot A) Argument their thoughts properly B) Have no clue what they are talking about and tend to derail thread and start personal engangements (flaming).

I want to get rid off toxic community members that are unable to provide valuable logical feedback and instead of it they derail and troll threads.

Everyone should be judged per se and if somebody cannot amend his behaviour or is unable to logically argument his thoughts and reasons behind his balance changes, then he should go :wave:

If I'm asking how to beat Top 25 OKW players I don't need someone who plays rank ~500 games trying to tell me how to win.

+1
15 Nov 2017, 13:28 PM

That won't leave many people left I fear..
15 Nov 2017, 13:30 PM

That won't leave many people left I fear..

They can still post in all other sections of the forum, just not in the balance forum ;)
15 Nov 2017, 13:31 PM

It is funny, because when I actually deliver some well thought out points in balance threads, the modders ignore it and don't even respond to it, as they do with others and their good and thought out posts. But you get attacked instantly.

However, when I post an obvious non serious comment, they actually respond to it. Trolling is only effective when you respond to it. Like you do to my comments quite often, when they are obvious troll baits.

You add to it yourself too. But I agree with the banning.
15 Nov 2017, 13:32 PM

They can still post in all other sections of the forum, just not in the balance forum ;)

But they pay for the game and play the game, why can't they talk about balance? I mean, are we going to ban 4v4 players from 1v1 balance purely because they play 4v4?
15 Nov 2017, 13:37 PM

But they pay for the game and play the game, why can't they talk about balance? I mean, are we going to ban 4v4 players from 1v1 balance purely because they play 4v4?

We were talking about inplication: not having playercard in your .org profile picture => not being able to post in balance section.

No one was talking about anything else.

This way everyone can post in balance, but at least you know what you can expect from the user :)
15 Nov 2017, 15:05 PM

We were talking about inplication: not having playercard in your .org profile picture => not being able to post in balance section.

No one was talking about anything else.

This way everyone can post in balance, but at least you know what you can expect from the user :)

Cool man good idea.
17 Nov 2017, 18:58 PM

I want to get rid off toxic community members that are unable to provide valuable logical feedback and instead of it they derail and troll threads.

Everyone should be judged per se and if somebody cannot amend his behaviour or is unable to logically argument his thoughts and reasons behind his balance changes, then he should go :wave:

allowing everyone to give his point of view on a subject is not going to work ... want proof ? just open your eyes and watch how countries/town/enterprise are managed. A small group of "selected" people decide for everyone because the other people simply don't have the intellectual required to do that.
17 Nov 2017, 19:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

You just realized this after more than 4 years? Everything around this game has always been infested with Fanboyism and trolls. That won't change
17 Nov 2017, 19:24 PM

You just realized this after more than 4 years? Everything around this game has always been infested with Fanboyism and trolls. That won't change

No, I have on own this for whole time being.

But I have only now realised that moderators sit I their basement, drinking a tea (we all know that they are British) instead of doing their duties and keeping forums clear.

Maybe they fear being called nazimods again ;)
18 Nov 2017, 09:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

+1
18 Nov 2017, 10:02 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

No, I have on own this for whole time being.

But I have only now realised that moderators sit I their basement, drinking a tea (we all know that they are British) instead of doing their duties and keeping forums clear.

Maybe they fear being called nazimods again ;)

And maybe not....:)

---------------------------

Just to clarify, this thread was started by a part-time troll who knows the policy for the Balance section, since he has participated in past discussions about it.

- We long ago decided not to make qualifications for those who want to post in the Balance section. i.e. we decided not to make people disclose their player cards. It just leads to stale arguments along the lines of "my card is better than yours", and would promote an unhealthy elitism. The place to convince people of your arguments is in game, and then to reproduce the game over here which makes the point.

- We also decided not to insist on a minimum post requirement. e.g. Any nitwit could use Arne's old number thread and quickly rack up 40 - 100 posts. And the Moderators do not have the time to keep going through a poster's old posts, just to count up and conclude if the requisite number of posts has been achieved.

- Really awful Balance threads can be moved to the Scrap Yard, and often are.

With that in mind, if any poster wants any further clarification, please PM a Moderator or the Lead Strategist.

/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak