Login

russian armor

Confusing Commanders' picture

7 Aug 2013, 03:46 AM

Can we have more meaningful icons instead of commanders' pictures representing different commander trees?

Suggesting: each commander icon featuring its respective core uniqueness.
7 Aug 2013, 04:04 AM

I was talking about the exact same thing a while ago wither another person. The Icons right now suck; they don't tell you anything, and all look very similar.

The icnons need to represent and summarize what each doc does; right now it's a guy with a monocle for infantry, and a guy with a hat for tanks.... why?
7 Aug 2013, 06:32 AM

I was talking about the exact same thing a while ago wither another person. The Icons right now suck; they don't tell you anything, and all look very similar.

The icnons need to represent and summarize what each doc does; right now it's a guy with a monocle for infantry, and a guy with a hat for tanks.... why?

I believe it is because each doc comes with a range of special features (some features are shared among the docs). It is rather a challenge to summarize them into one single icon.

Anyway, I think it is feasible to have the icon featuring its single 'unique' feature i.e. storm doctrine can have its icon featuring the 'halftrack riegel 43 anti-tank mine' with thicker and gold color bezel. The color and bezel - so that players know this icons is doc.

By the way, is that true at least one special feature from each doctrine is not shared among other doctrines? I never study them one by one... So I am not certain.
7 Aug 2013, 08:28 AM

I believe it is because each doc comes with a range of special features (some features are shared among the docs). It is rather a challenge to summarize them into one single icon.

Well, no, each doctrine has a theme. You just create an icon for the theme. Guards motor has a picture of a T34 with a Guards symbol above it. Jaeger infantry has a picture of a Stuka in the background with a camouflaged soldier in the foreground.
7 Aug 2013, 08:31 AM

i want real icons!

but i reckon they took half a year coding and making art for the current commander icons, so it'l never happen
8 Aug 2013, 14:43 PM

Maybe just add the "heavy unit" to the portrait in the lower right corner. Like some of intel bulletins have the rank icons; bronze, silver and gold. Put a little Tiger, Artillery or IS-2 in the corner of the portrait so you have at least an idea what to expect.

But there might be a code to the portraits that needs to be decoded. Maybe the officers cap represents a Tiger as heavy unit, where a Stahlhelm is an Elefant and a fur coat the camouflage ability. You see where I'm getting to. That the details in the commanders portrait is a summary of its abilities.
8 Aug 2013, 14:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Do they make anyone else think of Mr. Potato Head?
8 Aug 2013, 15:48 PM

icons like blitzkreig mod
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight