Login

russian armor

Relic Survey about CoH2 future

9 Oct 2017, 07:19 AM

Invissed a troll post and another quoting it.
9 Oct 2017, 08:06 AM

My wishes are for a 3rd Axis Army, full mod support like in CoH and perhaps custom commanders, not sure yet about the last one.
19 Oct 2017, 21:50 PM
20 Oct 2017, 02:57 AM

I think I can speak for anyone. I think the most important subjects we want are

-Balance
-Optimization/coding/stability
-better public relations/communications between relic and the community.

So basically I’m sure whatever army’s/fronts they choose. We the people want a game that is playable/fun/fair

20 Oct 2017, 06:30 AM
Patrion 310

Complete Relic survey/questionnaire (32 total) and commentary in this video;

I share my thoughts on Company of Heroes 3 through a survey provided by Relic, which includes what they might change/improve upon in the next entry. Excellent timing as I originally had a video on this very subject out in a few days. Hope you (and Relic) enjoy my opinion!

My CoH2/CoH3 development analysis that might be of interest to some;

Commercially failures & missed marketing opportunities
Relic hasn't really landed a solid commercial hit since CoH1. Eventually, fans get impatient and less tolerant of Relic constant failures. Running a corporation/ fan-oriented customer service ain't Disneyland where everyone supports you and don't say mean things.
Relic is at the top of RTS gaming not because they are "the best" but rather by the process of elimination (less RTS studios to compete with).

I'm not sure the DoW3 team will be trusted by SEGA making new AAA IPs, so part of that team could end up making CoH3 and some devs from AoE4/CoH2?. Or perhaps DoW3 will start doing DLC for CA Total Warhammer Series?. Who knows. Anyone comfortable with the DoW3 team working on CoH3?.
I have mixed feelings about this and atm favor big laid off except for the best talented DoW3 devs.
As a fan, you want more RTS competition, not less.

Steve Jobs, billionaire co-founder of Apple and former CEO

The Relic identity crisis:
Reality vs Theory Crafting (pragmatic vs visionary leaders)
To use Band of Brothers as an analogy. Reality/pragmatic would be Winters and delusional leaders/pseudo-intellectuals/safe space warriors in Relic would be Soble. There is a thin line between visionary and delusion.

When a studio is lacking both pragmatic and visionary leaders that's not good. Now fans can help improving the practical leadership but long-term visionary leadership? Don't think so. That's not how Steve Jobs became the great visionary leader of the tech industry (RIP Steve). Pragmatic leaders solve problems and visionary leaders plot the destination and prevent problems like a navigator on a ship.

Relic is not a unified small studio like when they created Homeworld 1 with a team of 20.
It takes years of hard work to earn and build a consumer trusted brand. But it only takes a few bad leaders to mess it all up. Relic needs to take their reputation more seriously which among hardcore fans are close to the same level as EA/Bioware (that's not a compliment). Relic like Bioware once had a positive relationship with fans, not anymore. Relic has some serious bridges to repair with CoH3.

As a CoH fan, you have to understand there is not one Relic, but two. The old school leadership mindset that was gaming professionals and Neo-Relic which is dominated by these pseudo intellectuals wannabes visionary.
In theory, I'm sure what neo-Relic say make some good sense. But there is a big difference between theory and reality. Hence the saying, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, that’s soviet communism for you.

Cobra's quickstep guide to avoid another iceberg collision (DoW3);
Don't alienate your target audience

Step 1; Know Your Audience
This is cool;

This is NOT cool;

Dunkirk, the event or the film, is nothing like feminists claim (not all feminists are the same, but SJWs/professional victims)
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dunkirk-the-event-or-the-film-is-nothing-like-feminists-claim/article/2630531
This isn't a blow to feminism, but a part of history. This would be like a man watching a woman give birth and upon seeing her triumphantly and yet fondly cuddle her newborn baby demand recognition for his small but intrinsic role in the event that created that moment.

Step 2; Relic Competitive readiness?
Relic should recruit/promote their leaders more wisely based on credentials and with consistency in words and action. No favoritism and diversity manifesto which alienate your fan audience and make good leaders leave or stay away. Mediocre leadership leads to mediocre results. Running a corporation is a competitive "fighting game" and not the same as a charity organization which relies more on compassionate leadership.
South Park - Reality Crashes The Charity Party (Please donate now, for shameless Relic)

Competitive readiness (no complacency) drives innovation and will give more corporate results than tree hugging hipsters. Without competition, leaders become sloppy. Trying to reinvent the wheel with mediocre visionary leadership is a recipe for a disaster.
I was baffled by Relic's DoW3 delusional behavior, echo chambers and pseudo-intellectualism running Relic into the ground. I know this RTS team is getting some new leaders so maybe that will improve things.

How Electronic Arts stopped being the worst company in America
https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/how-electronic-arts-stopped-being-the-worst-company-in-america/?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmRrLw%3D%3D
Five months after taking over, on February 12, 2014, Wilson gathered 146 of the company's top leaders at EA's headquarters. Together with Gabrielle Toledano, EA's chief talent officer, Wilson hatched a plan to help them understand why so many customers were unhappy.

The group was led to the basketball court, which had been temporarily remade into a conference space with stations of computers and telephone lines. For hours, executives went through the steps of installing, troubleshooting and playing the company's games. They also listened in on customer service calls so they could hear firsthand players' frustrations.

"We weren't thinking about everything we were doing in the context of the player experience," said Wilson.
That's how EA is trying to turn around the Titanic.

Step 3; Stop pandering to vocals & false narratives (MSM, campus and social media)
The silenced majority of PC/console gamers, rarely post on forums or social media. At best they will play a few games per week. They are not "PC bro's", quite the contrary. Go do some background research on the downfall of the movie industry/Hollywood, mainstream media and South Park season 19 to stay out of trouble.
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low
http://news.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx
Watch South Park free here;
http://www.southparkstudios.nu/full-episodes
South Park season 19 is a very smart serialized narrative and should make it clear to anyone why pandering to these vocals will end badly for Relic (or anyone else in the entertainment/media industry). South Park writers are not stupid, they know for the show to survive free speech needs to be restored. Comedy is the last bastion of free speech and South Park definitely knows that.

Gathering customer feedback from this audience will be difficult so don't be lazy. I suggest more private emails and surveys with rewards.

Step 4; Individualism vs Drama Triangle

But hey man, this is 2017 why should Relic worry about individualism & personal identity? Let's victimize people and tell them they are oppressed. There you got a receipt for a disaster. Reality is not for the faint-hearted.
I'm warning you Relic, don't even think about pandering to these "fake SJW" (social justice warriors)/professional victims as that will surely alienate your target audience. By the time CoH3 come out this "hypersensitive victimhood culture" will end at the bottom of the dirt.
I do feel compassion for these "professional victims" because they are prisons of their own minds. There is not a snowball chance in hell this will end well for them.
Western victimization is the new racism and that's basically what neo-Relic believes in.. It's important to remember this is Company of Heroes, not Company of Villains or Company of Victims.

Step 5; Learn about WW2 patriotism and forget the Drama Triangle

WW2 game makers like Wargaming understand WW2 patriotism far better than neo-Relic leaders so Wargaming is destined to do rather well in the years ahead. Relic needs to wake up.
In general for a corporation, neutrality is good for business. That's why Band of Brothers was such a masterpiece (9,5/10 IMDb rating) because it doesn't try to alienate the target audience.
Here is a great BoB clip showing the perspective of the "average" German veterans;

Read and learn. Germans = Humans.
http://nypost.com/2012/12/09/amazing-tale-of-a-desperate-wwii-pilots-encounter-with-a-german-flying-ace/
HONOR IN WARTIME:American WWII pilot Charlie Brown (left) was struggling to keep his damaged bomber airborne in the skies over Germany in 1943 when Luftwaffe ace Franz Stigler (right) flew alongside. Instead of firing, Stigler gave a salute.

Ted Kirkpatrick recounts a story about a bomber pilot named, Charlie Brown. His plane was badly damaged with wounded men on the plane, and was accidentally flying the wrong away -- into enemy territory. A German pilot was ordered to take Charlie Brown's plane down, but as he flew near the plane and saw how badly it was damaged, he unexpectedly led Charlie Brown out of enemy territory and back to England. Charlie Brown kept the story quiet because if the Germans found at that their pilot had let him go, they would've punished him. About 50 years after the war, the two men finally found each other and became good friends.

Failures to understand the "veterans perspective", is why the Hollywood movie industry usual fails at making good money from WW2. There are two sides to every story and Relic has to stand for excellence on all levels.

Step 6; CoH keys to innovation (Checklist)
It's like Relic had a baby and then treated like an orphan that lost both parents. If you go play Homeworld, you'll see how far DoW3 development has deteriorated. HW was many years ahead of its time while DoW3 suffered from a massive identity crisis. Competition drives innovation, not diversity as pseudo-intellectuals like people to think.
Don’t confuse competitive capitalism with monopolized capitalism. As a consumer, you want more competitive not less. The irony here, the lack of competition against CoH is one of the reasons why Relic has become sloppy and complacent. If there have been other games like Iron harvest then this new breed RTS genre could have become a lot more popular.
http://www.edisonawards.com/news/competition-drive-innovation/
There are ways on how to initiate competition and promote innovation. Like below:
1. Find an untapped need that others are missing – Check CoH is unique
2. Implement new ideas and celebrate change – Check (partial success)
3. Listen to customers suggestions – Fail
4. Include unusual services that aren’t traditionally offered in the industry – Fail
5. Put your idea out there and promote it with all you’ve got – Fail

Step 7; Relic can't handle criticism & Lacking Courage
This has been their weakness for many years.
IMO, this partial stems from obvious progressive leanings and delusional hardliners (uncompromising). Some of the new leaders coming into power have not been respectful towards what CoH stand for (WW2 patriotism) or its (former) loyal fan base.
PC Relic takes criticism of their work very personally. The failure in DoW3 development is a good example of this. From the first screenshot of DoW3 was released it was clear the new art style was not a change fans wanted to see.
DoW3 fan criticism was mostly ignored and they instead doubled down on the biased gaming press to save them. Months later, after hitting the iceberg Relic came crawling back to the fans and beg for forgiveness.
But…we’re humans who have the internet. We know there are lots of you who don’t feel the same way. That matters. We make these games for you, and we need you in order to keep making games. So, let’s talk about where we go from here.

https://www.dawnofwar.com/article/community-update-june-13-2017
Leaders need to seek feedback both external and internal because that’s how they grow. Bad leaders don’t grow with feedback because "they don’t know; "they don’t know" (delusional leadership). The first step in reaching a solution to a problem or conflict is to identify the central issue. Yes, it takes courage to inspire others, but the introspective kind of courage. Delusional leaders don't have that and that usual should be a huge warning sign.

Five Signs Your CEO Is Delusional - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan/2015/07/02/five-signs-your-ceo-is-delusional/#1fdf99a01e86
After the stupid idea gets implemented and utterly fails, reporters will ask the CEO's colleagues "Didn't anybody tell your CEO his idea was goofy, before it got him and your company pilloried on national TV?"

"We tried," you'll say wanly.

Trying is not enough. You wouldn't let your child run across a busy street to get his baseball and you can't let a CEO act on every cockamamie idea that pops into his head.

Gang up on him if necessary. Don't wimp out now unless you want to be asked the question "Wait -- you worked for that company?" for years into the future.
20 Oct 2017, 06:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just got the survey. It actually allows you to explain in depth what your choices were. Those screenshots are 100% legit.

Anyways, I was pretty sure I picked tank combat (where's my side armor?), pathfinding (derping out when vehicles run into flagpoles), and modding (includes custom aesthetics and all) as my choices of 3 most important aspects to be improved.

20 Oct 2017, 15:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I think I can speak for anyone. I think the most important subjects we want are

-Balance
-Optimization/coding/stability
-better public relations/communications between relic and the community.

So basically I’m sure whatever army’s/fronts they choose. We the people want a game that is playable/fun/fair

Better modding tools are also extremely important for the life of this community. Currently you can't even add new assets to the game.
20 Oct 2017, 16:12 PM

I'm going to bitch here a bit again, as I've still not received a survey.

It's all nice when you want to keep with community and ask them questions but only asking some of them fucks your plan to hold tight with your community. If you want to ask people about something then give everyone option to respond or forget it ;)
20 Oct 2017, 16:23 PM

I'm going to bitch here a bit again, as I've still not received a survey.

It's all nice when you want to keep with community and ask them questions but only asking some of them fucks your plan to hold tight with your community. If you want to ask people about something then give everyone option to respond or forget it ;)

I’m pretty sure (might be wrong but I’m pretty damn sure) that coh2.org is bigger than relics official site.

And I’m pretty sure (might be wrong but fuck it) that if relic actually released a survey on this website, that the response will be more legit than sending emails. I personally use email on a daily basis for an arrange of things, hiding nude pics of ex’s aka spank bank, actual banking, business, pleasure etc.

But something tells me that a lot of these people use emails for things that they need an email to sign up for, like Facebook/steam/and such, that results in a 1 time use and is rarely checked. But hey I might be wrong.

Point is, I doubt that the full potential of actually finding out what the majority of the community wants is being met. I would low ball it to like ~30% but hey I never took statistics so I might be wrong as fuck.

Relic should be releasing email surveys, as well as both here and on official fourms to figure out what people wants. And have people explain themselves in short answers.

And maybe have someone other than school shooter Kyle to actually come on this site and comminitcate and not say stupid smart ass shit, especially when he has no room to be a smartass when the community itself is the only reason this game is moving foward. #preach
20 Oct 2017, 16:30 PM

I’m pretty sure (might be wrong but I’m pretty damn sure) that coh2.org is bigger than relics official site.

And I’m pretty sure (might be wrong but fuck it) that if relic actually released a survey on this website, that the response will be more legit than sending emails. I personally use email on a daily basis for an arrange of things, hiding nude pics of ex’s aka spank bank, actual banking, business, pleasure etc.

But something tells me that a lot of these people use emails for things that they need an email for, like Facebook/steam/and such, that results in a 1 time use and is rarely checked. But hey I might be wrong.

Point is, I doubt that the full potential of actually finding out what the majority of the community wants is being met. I would low ball it to like ~30% but hey I never took statistics so I might be wrong as fuck.

Relic should be releasing email surveys, as well as both here and on official fourms to figure out what people wants. And have people explain themselves in short answers.

And maybe have someone other than school shooter Kyle to actually come on this site and comminitcate and not say stupid smart ass shit, especially when he has no room to be a smartass when the community itself is the only reason this game is moving foward. #preach

+1

Relic was incapable to create legit site in time so people have got used to this one. They refused communicate with majority of community present here for whole 5 years. That's definitely not how community management works.

Look at coh2 legends that come from .org. Ami, Inverse, Bud and many many more. They all retired becase they were always put down by Relic and their incompetence. OCF is a great example of that. Relic could have donated tourney and propagate it. Instaed they chose to shit at Ami's head <444>_<444>
20 Oct 2017, 18:00 PM
Patrion 14

Look at coh2 legends that come from .org. Ami, Inverse, Bud and many many more. They all retired becase they were always put down by Relic and their incompetence. OCF is a great example of that. Relic could have donated tourney and propagate it. Instaed they chose to shit at Ami's head <444>_<444>

Casually forgetting everything that happened in between SNF5 and OCF, as an old dog you should know better :snfCHVGame:
20 Oct 2017, 19:42 PM

All this talk of of customized load outs/armies/commanders scares the shit out of me. If this stuff makes it on the ladder we will all be eating a ton of salty cheese.
21 Oct 2017, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2017, 19:42 PMWygrif
All this talk of of customized load outs/armies/commanders scares the shit out of me. If this stuff makes it on the ladder we will all be eating a ton of salty cheese.

I like this idea. Think of having OKW with Panzerfusiliers, resource drop, Stuka Dive Bomb (should really increase the radius of death critical to something like 200), and Stuka CAS (Loiter). Would be lots of fun and balance wouldn't be much worse than live version.

Relic probably has very little income from COH2 now and won't spend much time with it, survey or not. I also didn't get one, so apparently owning two copies of the game isn't enough to get a survey.

If Relic wanted to make the game fun, they should've limited the number of indirect fire units per player, nerfed all armies off map abilities (instead of just USF), then made small regular tweaks to stats until armies were balanced.

21 Oct 2017, 07:36 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

No doubt you’ve all heard about the Future of Company of Heroes Survey. We sent this survey to a large proportion of our mailing list, and we’ve had A LOT of responses.

However, if you didn’t receive the survey and you’re itching to have your say, we’ve got you covered.

Please enter your chosen email address into the field found here.
We will collect email addresses until Weds the 25th of October, at which point we will distribute the survey to those who have signed up.

For security reasons, we have to distribute the survey via email.
22 Oct 2017, 00:16 AM

Guys, if you didn't recieve the email, please go here:https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244425/missed-the-future-of-coh-survey
Accepting until october 25th
22 Oct 2017, 10:03 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Guys, if you didn't recieve the email, please go here:https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244425/missed-the-future-of-coh-survey
Accepting until october 25th

Sense?

Did you checked my thread?^^
22 Oct 2017, 13:24 PM

Sense?

Did you checked my thread?^^

Oh! I didn't see your post, sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 72
unknown 11
unknown 9