Login

russian armor

wehrmacht pointer please

29 Sep 2017, 23:37 PM

I've been playing wehr lately, as it's the only faction that i still haven't played at least 10 games. Please give some advice on build order, or cap order, or anything else. thanks.
30 Sep 2017, 03:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2017, 23:37 PMD0V3

Hi there,

Some pointers for your WM play (and CoH2 gameplay in general)

General Gameplay:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HpnFBkAjlIOGtfRVkyWEpBaVU/view

This is a presentation made by Dullahan a while back which covers all the aspects of general RTS skills. While it may get a little salty, do give it a read, and remember it when you play!

WM Build Order:

The current meta build order is to go for an MG42, then 3 Grenadiers. This is because the Grenadiers can support the MG42 (protect it from being flanked). In your case, you elected for a second MG42. This is perfectly doable, but remember to have the MGs support each other, or have a Grenadier support each MG42.

Mortars are generally built to counter team weapons and buildings. I would say that you can afford to delay your mortar and get a Grenadier first.

In you game, you skipped Tier 2. Tier 2 is arguably the strongest WM tier, as it gives you access to Panzergrenadiers (very strong anti-infantry squad, but use them defensively (e.g. don't charge at enemies in cover), Sdkfz. 222s (hard counters the Soviet M3A1), Sdkfz. 251s (reinforcement at the frontline, or wrecks anyone without AT as a Flamethrower Halftrack), 7.5cm Pak 40s (arguably best ATG in the game, Stun Shot is especially strong). Usually you don't want to skip it. The 20 Fuel it costs is insignificant if you want to rush out a T3 vehicle. If your opponent went for a T-70 instead of an SU-76M, you would have lost the game by the 15 min mark (because you had nothing to deal with it).

Ostwind was a great pick against his build. The follow-on StuG was also a great idea, but remember: StuGs (as with any other tank, really) work best in pairs. A pair of StuGs has so much DPM that they can happily chew through twice as many T-34/76s (provided that you keep backing up to avoid being cicle-strafed by them).

The Opel Blitz is a resource production monster, however you don't need to build a cache AND put a truck on the point. Generally either one is sufficient; if you are afraid of enemy territory raids then secure the place with another unit or an MG bunker.

WM gameplay:

Finish capping territory, then give chase to retreating units. This is because if you cap more territory, you have more resources. More resources means more units and upgrades and abilities. More units and upgrades and abilities means you can kill his units more. Cap the territory first, then chase after retreating squads and team weapons.

StuGs and PaKs generally do nothing against infantry with their main guns. Therefore, always have them on Prioritize Vehicle, or they will waste shots targeting infantry while tanks roll on past (as what happened a few times).

Don't frontally engage tank destroyers with heavy tanks (Tiger I vs SU-85 is a big no-no). Generally you want anti-tank infantry, medium tanks(on a flank), or other tank destroyers to do so. Also, getting a Tiger I was a huge gamble because he had two tank destroyers on the field. You got lucky that his ISU-152 was firing HE shells, or he would have wrecked your Tiger. If you see your opponent get heavy tank destroyers (ISU-152) build up a swarm of medium tanks/light tank destroyers (Panzer IV, Puma) and circle-strafe the heavy TD.

That's about all, hope this helped! Keep in mind that I am not a Strategist or a high-level player, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Good luck on the battlefield!
30 Sep 2017, 12:36 PM

Hi there,

Some pointers for your WM play (and CoH2 gameplay in general)

General Gameplay:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HpnFBkAjlIOGtfRVkyWEpBaVU/view

This is a presentation made by Dullahan a while back which covers all the aspects of general RTS skills. While it may get a little salty, do give it a read, and remember it when you play!

WM Build Order:

The current meta build order is to go for an MG42, then 3 Grenadiers. This is because the Grenadiers can support the MG42 (protect it from being flanked). In your case, you elected for a second MG42. This is perfectly doable, but remember to have the MGs support each other, or have a Grenadier support each MG42.

Mortars are generally built to counter team weapons and buildings. I would say that you can afford to delay your mortar and get a Grenadier first.

In you game, you skipped Tier 2. Tier 2 is arguably the strongest WM tier, as it gives you access to Panzergrenadiers (very strong anti-infantry squad, but use them defensively (e.g. don't charge at enemies in cover), Sdkfz. 222s (hard counters the Soviet M3A1), Sdkfz. 251s (reinforcement at the frontline, or wrecks anyone without AT as a Flamethrower Halftrack), 7.5cm Pak 40s (arguably best ATG in the game, Stun Shot is especially strong). Usually you don't want to skip it. The 20 Fuel it costs is insignificant if you want to rush out a T3 vehicle. If your opponent went for a T-70 instead of an SU-76M, you would have lost the game by the 15 min mark (because you had nothing to deal with it).

Ostwind was a great pick against his build. The follow-on StuG was also a great idea, but remember: StuGs (as with any other tank, really) work best in pairs. A pair of StuGs has so much DPM that they can happily chew through twice as many T-34/76s (provided that you keep backing up to avoid being cicle-strafed by them).

The Opel Blitz is a resource production monster, however you don't need to build a cache AND put a truck on the point. Generally either one is sufficient; if you are afraid of enemy territory raids then secure the place with another unit or an MG bunker.

WM gameplay:

Finish capping territory, then give chase to retreating units. This is because if you cap more territory, you have more resources. More resources means more units and upgrades and abilities. More units and upgrades and abilities means you can kill his units more. Cap the territory first, then chase after retreating squads and team weapons.

StuGs and PaKs generally do nothing against infantry with their main guns. Therefore, always have them on Prioritize Vehicle, or they will waste shots targeting infantry while tanks roll on past (as what happened a few times).

Don't frontally engage tank destroyers with heavy tanks (Tiger I vs SU-85 is a big no-no). Generally you want anti-tank infantry, medium tanks(on a flank), or other tank destroyers to do so. Also, getting a Tiger I was a huge gamble because he had two tank destroyers on the field. You got lucky that his ISU-152 was firing HE shells, or he would have wrecked your Tiger. If you see your opponent get heavy tank destroyers (ISU-152) build up a swarm of medium tanks/light tank destroyers (Panzer IV, Puma) and circle-strafe the heavy TD.

That's about all, hope this helped! Keep in mind that I am not a Strategist or a high-level player, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Good luck on the battlefield!

:thumb: good stuff. thanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight