Login

russian armor

Compile/build error

21 Sep 2017, 21:10 PM

Hey guys, when i try to build my mod in the CoH2 Mod Builder, i'm now getting this error message in red, in the compile window:

Error building FirstMod.mod: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\AttributeEditorXML.exe failed with exit code -1. arguments --operation ModBinaryBurn --root "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2 Tools\assets\data\attributes\attributes.xml" --mod "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\Mod Projects\FirstMod\FirstMod.xml" --burn_path "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\Mod Projects\FirstMod\FirstMod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib"

When i go to test it in-game, it hasn't updated the mod to the latest version, meaning that the build failed. What do i do?
22 Sep 2017, 01:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That error is because the path name/file name is too long. The path and file name must not exceed something like 100 letters, a strange glitch that probably wont be fixed anytime soon. To fix it, you have to either find the file/path thats too long and shorten it, delete it, or change the mod path closer to your root driver. \

For example, You have:
"C:\Users\Martin\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\Mod Projects\FirstMod\FirstMod.xml"

Change it to something like:
"C:\Users\Martin\Mod Projects\FirstMod\FirstMod.xml"
22 Sep 2017, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 01:25 AMLugie
That error is because the path name/file name is too long. The path and file name must not exceed something like 100 letters, a strange glitch that probably wont be fixed anytime soon. To fix it, you have to either find the file/path thats too long and shorten it, delete it, or change the mod path closer to your root driver. \

For example, You have:
"C:\Users\Martin\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\Mod Projects\FirstMod\FirstMod.xml"

Wow thanks man, that worked. I thought i fucked something up in the attribute editor...no idea why it hasn't always been a problem though, since the path has never changed :P
23 Sep 2017, 00:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wow thanks man, that worked. I thought i fucked something up in the attribute editor...no idea why it hasn't always been a problem though, since the path has never changed :P

Aye, I thought the same thing the first time i got that error. In fact, since I couldn't figure out what it was, I deleted the whole mod and started over.
5 Jan 2018, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 01:25 AMLugie

For example, You have:

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm desperate. How can you do this without messing up all the file path references?
6 Jan 2018, 06:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2018, 20:02 PMArtigo

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm desperate. How can you do this without messing up all the file path references?

You just have to change the file references in the .mod file, or something along those lines. I would suggest moving the files to the desired location first, and then doing it manually. The shorter it is to the C drive the less you have to worry about this error.
23 Aug 2021, 04:20 AM

Damm it, after haft of a year, i finally found this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W