Login

russian armor

USF weapons should be on field upgrades

29 Aug 2017, 07:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

This is a good starting idea. USF would finally be designed around their sole purpose which is mobility. You wouldnt have to go back to base after you made ambulance which is how usf should be and is played by a skilled player. Weapon racks is just a useless gimmick slowing usf down. Because most of the time you are forced to go back in an inconvienient time to pick up weapons or you just forget to do that and fight without them wasting a lot of your power spike.

Skilled players like who? I never use major retreat point (if youre willing to call me a skilled player). Basically every top 10 or even top 20 usf player (devm being the quintessential example), goes armor company and never techs major (no forward retreat point, which means they do end up going back to their base). I struggle to see where that claim even comes from. The fact that you claim this is how "usf should be," suggests to me that you think factions should be balanced around YOUR perception of how the game is/should be, even if game trends and the habits of top players undermine or disprove your views.
29 Aug 2017, 07:46 AM

Skilled players like who? I never use major retreat point (if youre willing to call me a skilled player). Basically every top 10 or even top 20 usf player (devm being the quintessential example), goes armor company and never techs major (no forward retreat point, which means they do end up going back to their base). I struggle to see where that claim even comes from. The fact that you claim this is how "usf should be," suggests to me that you think factions should be balanced around YOUR perception of how the game is/should be, even if game trends and the habits of top players undermine or disprove your views.

I think you miss read what he wrote. He never mentioned the Major, he said he used the ambulance to reinforce on the field which probably mean using soft retreat and avoiding at all cost to retreat to your base.
29 Aug 2017, 08:04 AM

this was one of the key features When UF came out and is still a cool thing.

so no, OP
29 Aug 2017, 08:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2017, 07:46 AMEsxile

I think you miss read what he wrote. He never mentioned the Major, he said he used the ambulance to reinforce on the field which probably mean using soft retreat and avoiding at all cost to retreat to your base.

I assumed major was implied since soft retreating to a forward ambulance is even rarer than seeing major not only teched, but also used for a forward retreat point. The point still stands, most skilled players that I know of and played against soft retreat to forward ambulances very rarely and only in fringe cases, if ever. You can definitely find examples of it, but since people like throwing around their playercard/ranks to prove a point, I'll tell you now that the absolute highest ranking players (which the automatch system considers me equal to) rarely soft retreat to forward ambulances against me. And its doubtful that they do that against other players either.
29 Aug 2017, 08:16 AM

Are you retarded? USF can already equip every weapon on every unit so whats the big deal if they can do it on field with a delay instead of instant from weapon racks?

wtf?

When ost and okw gets all weapon upgrades (g43, mg42, schrecks and stgs)...yes ukf and usf can get upgrade on field. Deal?
29 Aug 2017, 08:57 AM

In team modes people use ambulance to stay on field. IS THAT CLEAR? You think only in 1v1 terms. Clearly you lack brain capacity to understand that there are other modes besides 1v1 with bigger maps being played where retreat takes ages. You even confirmed you play and think only in 1v1 terms by saying: "Basically every top 10 or even top 20 usf player (devm being the quintessential example), goes armor company and never techs major (no forward retreat point, which means they do end up going back to their base)." YES ONLY IN 1v1! Outside of 1v1 you never see armor company and you always see major, does this tell you anything? If you wanna talk then start thinking outside of 1v1.

29 Aug 2017, 10:16 AM

USF need buildable racks on field like brits and problem solved
29 Aug 2017, 10:38 AM

USF need buildable racks on field like brits and problem solved

Thats some kind of an idea to work with. But Ive been told by balance team that usf main theme is them being mobile. If we agree on that then some sort of on field upgrades would be consistent with their main theme.
29 Aug 2017, 10:43 AM

I assumed major was implied since soft retreating to a forward ambulance is even rarer than seeing major not only teched, but also used for a forward retreat point. The point still stands, most skilled players that I know of and played against soft retreat to forward ambulances very rarely and only in fringe cases, if ever. You can definitely find examples of it, but since people like throwing around their playercard/ranks to prove a point, I'll tell you now that the absolute highest ranking players (which the automatch system considers me equal to) rarely soft retreat to forward ambulances against me. And its doubtful that they do that against other players either.

Most of 1vs1 maps are small enough to not use the ambulance on the field, this is true. But I have seen many good USF players using the ambulance to reinforce unit anywhere on 1vs1. I have even seen good USF players using the ambulance to cap points early on. So this is maybe not the case anymore today, but some years ago it was.

On 2vs2, using the ambulance on the field is like mandatory if you want to survive and win the game. Soft retreat is really important to learn to manage.

Now, if you think it doesn't bring much to you doesn't mean it is not relevant.

I have the feeling weapon rack has always been a way to mitigate USF early game dominance. The faction has been design around the ambulance, the only mobile healing and reinforcing platform in the game. So to avoid USF to put too much pressure they decided to put some drawback.
1- The ambulance being the crappiest on wheel unit ever.
2- USF infantry has to retreat to their base to pick up weapons.
The way USF have lost their early game advantage over Ostheer and OKW should be also compensate by giving USF infantry the same tools to stay on the field.
29 Aug 2017, 14:05 PM

is it such a big problem to go pick a weapon when u recrew your units?
29 Aug 2017, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2017, 10:43 AMEsxile

Most of 1vs1 maps are small enough to not use the ambulance on the field, this is true. But I have seen many good USF players using the ambulance to reinforce unit anywhere on 1vs1. I have even seen good USF players using the ambulance to cap points early on. So this is maybe not the case anymore today, but some years ago it was.

On 2vs2, using the ambulance on the field is like mandatory if you want to survive and win the game. Soft retreat is really important to learn to manage.

Now, if you think it doesn't bring much to you doesn't mean it is not relevant.

I have the feeling weapon rack has always been a way to mitigate USF early game dominance. The faction has been design around the ambulance, the only mobile healing and reinforcing platform in the game. So to avoid USF to put too much pressure they decided to put some drawback.
1- The ambulance being the crappiest on wheel unit ever.
2- USF infantry has to retreat to their base to pick up weapons.
The way USF have lost their early game advantage over Ostheer and OKW should be also compensate by giving USF infantry the same tools to stay on the field.

finally a voice of reason
29 Aug 2017, 14:45 PM

is it such a big problem to go pick a weapon when u recrew your units?

yes because even if you manage to stay on the field by your ambualance by soft retrating all the time which takes a lot of good micro to do you are forced either way to go back to base to equip weapons from racks which takes even more micro because instead of clicking on the weapon upgrade you want the moment you gather enough munition you have to look back to base, click the correct racks and either wait for your unit to pick it up or queue commands just to do stupid shit like that. It would be 10x easier to just select a unit and the desired weapon and wait the delay like most factions do, which requires no micro at all. I dont mind the weapon such as bars being equipped only when out of combat to prevent cheesy unit wipes even though stgs get equipped during battle. I can accept this kind of inequality but weapon racks for usf are just one of many sneaky ways of burdening the player with unnecessary micro. Ofcourse 1v1 players will say its not important or stupid but thats because none of them play team modes and dont care about better balance in team modes.
29 Aug 2017, 15:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

In team modes people use ambulance to stay on field. IS THAT CLEAR? You think only in 1v1 terms. Clearly you lack brain capacity to understand that there are other modes besides 1v1 with bigger maps being played where retreat takes ages. You even confirmed you play and think only in 1v1 terms by saying: "Basically every top 10 or even top 20 usf player (devm being the quintessential example), goes armor company and never techs major (no forward retreat point, which means they do end up going back to their base)." YES ONLY IN 1v1! Outside of 1v1 you never see armor company and you always see major, does this tell you anything? If you wanna talk then start thinking outside of 1v1.

You keep making the argument about 1v1s though. You said skilled players use the ambulance on the field. I disproved that statement by saying that basically all of the skilled players (who are almost all entirely 1v1 players) clearly dont. Outside of 1v1 you dont really see armor company, but you also dont really see skilled players outside of 1v1 either. There are decent players in 2v2s, sure, but hardly any of them play the game at a high enough level that they truly understand and utilize game mechanics, and the game (in my opinion) shouldnt be balanced around people not effectively playing the game.
29 Aug 2017, 15:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ofcourse 1v1 players will say its not important or stupid but thats because none of them play team modes and dont care about better balance in team modes.

Right....it couldnt POSSIBLY be that other people (1v1 players included) may have actual valid reasons for not wanting on field upgrades...ive said this before, but calling people out on being biased or narrowminded (not keeping other game sizes in mind) kind of makes people take you less seriously when you come across as the most biased, narrowminded person in every thread that youre in.
29 Aug 2017, 15:40 PM

You keep making the argument about 1v1s though. You said skilled players use the ambulance on the field. I disproved that statement by saying that basically all of the skilled players (who are almost all entirely 1v1 players) clearly dont. Outside of 1v1 you dont really see armor company, but you also dont really see skilled players outside of 1v1 either. There are decent players in 2v2s, sure, but hardly any of them play the game at a high enough level that they truly understand and utilize game mechanics, and the game (in my opinion) shouldnt be balanced around people not effectively playing the game.

And here comes the truth. The only reason you disprove this idea is because you look down on everyone that doesnt play 1v1. You think that being good at 1v1 makes you good at every other mode in this game, that it gives you some kind of celestial knowledge about the game. While the fact is that being good at 1v1 makes good only at 1v1 and nothing else. You know only one mode and you understand only one mode and you lack basic experience in other team game modes. Im happy you admitted that your opinion is skewed and prefixed because it utterly shatters its validity to crumbles.
29 Aug 2017, 15:41 PM

Right....it couldnt POSSIBLY be that other people (1v1 players included) may have actual valid reasons for not wanting on field upgrades...ive said this before, but calling people out on being biased or narrowminded (not keeping other game sizes in mind) kind of makes people take you less seriously when you come across as the most biased, narrowminded person in every thread that youre in.

Said the most biased person in every each of my threads ^^ Im really seriously concerned by what your opinion about me is really :)
29 Aug 2017, 16:38 PM

I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic behind what you say. Because you don't need it so it shouldn't be on the game.

If I understand you well, because all USF skilled players do not use USF tier3, this mean we could remove it from the game, after all skilled players do not need sherman, jackson or Scott, you never see them teching Tier3. And even, to be more realistic, so even if we keep the USF tier3 in the game. We could simply remove the ambulance and the Major FRP ability because a simple base healing aura do the same job and since top skilled USF players do not use the FRP, it has no value in game.

Your statement about balance being only made around top player has a big flaw. Top players didn't see Penal being that's strong with the last patch while the modding team have exclusively listen them. They didn't see the Luch becoming such a wiping machine as well as OKW being so strong in all stages of the game, they were pretty much saying the opposite. They didn't say a word about the Kubel raping USF early game while they are now fully agreeing on this problem.
The maxim was also fine for top players...
29 Aug 2017, 16:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2017, 16:38 PMEsxile

I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic behind what you say. Because you don't need it so it shouldn't be on the game.

If I understand you well, because all USF skilled players do not use USF tier3, this mean we could remove it from the game, after all skilled players do not need sherman, jackson or Scott, you never see them teching Tier3. And even, to be more realistic, so even if we keep the USF tier3 in the game. We could simply remove the ambulance and the Major FRP ability because a simple base healing aura do the same job and since top skilled USF players do not use the FRP, it has no value in game.

Your statement about balance being only made around top player has a big flaw. Top players didn't see Penal being that's strong with the last patch while the modding team have exclusively listen them. They didn't see the Luch becoming such a wiping machine as well as OKW being so strong in all stages of the game, they were pretty much saying the opposite. They didn't say a word about the Kubel raping USF early game while they are now fully agreeing on this problem.

I never said that something that isnt used should be removed, i dont think you could even argue that i so much as implied it. He said skilled players use forward ambulances, i proved otherwise with more evidence (anecdotal evidence is more evidence than he provided).
Also, i never said that balance should be based around what top players SAY, i more or less said thay it should be balanced around how top players PLAY. Arguing that balance shouldnt be based around the highest level of play because top players did not predict penals or the luchs being too strong would be balancing around what top players say, which isnt even what im suggesting. Balancing around the fact that top players heavily use penals and the luchs would be balancing around how they play, which IS what im suggesting.
29 Aug 2017, 17:42 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2017, 16:38 PMEsxile

could you provide some evidence, link topics or vidoes about this?
29 Aug 2017, 17:42 PM

The banhammer finally strikes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight