Login

russian armor

[1v1] a game I feel like I threw away vs USF

22 Aug 2017, 05:40 AM

I felt like I opened okay, but I lost traction as things dragged on, like not knowing when I should be building each tier building or not calling in a 222 in soon enough and didn't keep enough units on the field, and I would... like people to add onto that I guess

it's raining men.

and mortar shells.

and now parts of men

25 Aug 2017, 01:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Working on it.
1 Sep 2017, 21:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sorry it's a bit late...

You need to be way more aggressive to succeed in this game. Most of your units were held back towards your base sector defending, but rarely fighting. There really isn't even anything to protect, the American player had most of the map already. This is why the american player won, even though you had way more units than him. You didn't use them. Pay attention to cut-off points as well. If your territory isn't connected back to your base, you will not receive any resources from it. That's why the other player was getting triple the amount of resources you had for most of the game.

Once you had resources, you also took way too long to tech up, and were floating a lot of manpower. Saving over 1000 manpower doesn't help you at all, because it's just wasted doing nothing. It's better to buy something as soon as you can to reinvest your resources back onto the field. Saving for later is a waste. You could have had a tank much much sooner if you had built the building and bought it.

You will also need to work on your micro. Try to make sure you aren't leaving your units around doing nothing. You had a sniper the entire game that was sitting in your base that never moved. Getting better at this just comes down to practice.

Quick tips:
- You can shift+click to chain orders in a queue. This is very helpful for capping multiple points, if you find yourself forgetting about units.
- Be aggressive. If you are going to be defensive, you atleast have to move up and counterattack.
- You forgot the entire East side of the map. He had nothing defending it, they were basically free resources.
- The other player was bad so it wasn't really an issue, but you will need to get some Anti-tank units as Ostheer preemptively, before you need them.
-Just play the game more, you're at a skill level where how well you play the game is more important than strategy. Practice and you will get better and microing your units and remembering to tech up. Once you get better at the mechanics of the game, your rank will rise and you will play better opponents. That is where strategy and build order will come more into play.
- Also you had plenty of infantry, your squad preservation was a lot better than the other guy. Just gotta focus more on using them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★