Login

russian armor

Stalingrad Station

19 Aug 2017, 19:11 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback for Stalingrad Station
19 Aug 2017, 19:49 PM

GOOD
1. I really love the look of this map. Very cool post battle feel. Feels very urban which is very hard to do.

BAD
1. A little tight feeling. Four main paths to middle. Could be easily blocked by wire, ghost trenches, and MGs.
2. Some light vehicles did not seem to want to get thru the sides. They took weird paths. Just something to think about.
3. Two large smoke stacks cover your vision in key area on right. A couple large buildings also block sight. This is the problem with making a realistic urban map. The taller buildings block sight too much.
4. The mirrored NE/SW points/trench areas block pathing a little too much. Trench size could be reduced to allow the point to moved out of the direct path from base to middle.

POSSIBLE CHANGES
1. In the middle, the large train sections block sight and may even after damaged. This creates vagueness as to where you can see. However they are a major focal point of the map so I am not sure I would remove them.
2. The large areas in front of the bases will allow for protected mortar wars. This and the small number of narrow lanes may make this an MG/Mortar fest which most high level players hate with a passion.
3. Are the small buildings on East/west points balanced? They could be I did not try to test them.
4. Maybe open a path between middle and outside lanes. I would open it right at the junction of the middle and side lane buildings. This will allow more side to side movements. If you try to flank and get overwhelmed there is no way to move units over to assist. Your only option is to retreat. This would also help attacking units flank behind the side lanes, etc.

SCORE
7/10 - As it stands now this map may get a lot of vetoes due to the lack of flanking possibilities. Which would be a shame because it has a fantastic feel and look. I almost feel like I could root thru the rubble and find treasure :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★