russian armor

Normandy

19 Aug 2017, 19:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback for Normandy
22 Aug 2017, 13:03 PM

ROUND #1 REVIEW
GOOD:
1. Beautiful map. Very detailed industrial layout.
2. Interesting FX markers with multi-color smoke, etc.

BAD:
1. All three VP points are too close together in the middle of the map. This will let mortar decide who wins the match. The Fuels and VPs will need to be swapped for competitive play. Personally, I like the idea of the VP locations, since it will draw major engagements to the center. But indirect fire should not decide who was the better team for automatch.
2. Are there multiple water sources? Will this be an issue?
3. Base defenses could be better. It is possible to shoot into the base without being shot back at.
4. There is a lot of RED cover due to the many road splines. This may deter players and get vetoes. Bryansk is a decent new map that has a lot of RED cover and it gets a lot of hate for this reason. There are many cover objects in this map so it may not be an issue. Top level play testing will be needed. Such a nice looking map it would be a waste to have it get vetoed.

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
1. Could make the lower western base exit large enough for vehicles. It is probably intended to be small. Just an option. Its mirrored exit is larger.
2. Some of the road splines could be blended better. Opacity could be reduced and few splats to touch them up. Judging by the quality of the rest of the map I assume this will be done by round #2.
3. I did not see any cutoffs on this map. Maybe I just missed it, I have poor vision :p

SCORE:
8/10 - This map is very nice looking. The major issues are easily fixable and I am looking forward to the next revision. At this point in the contest (#1) the two standouts for industrial are Normandy and South Orkney. I cant wait to see some high level play testing on these two maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★