Login

russian armor

2v2 map contest Feedback Thread

• This thread is locked
17 Aug 2017, 19:34 PM
Patrion 14

if you wish to discuss about the new 2v2 maps being considered for the 2v2 map contest, you can do it here! just be clear about the criticism and which map you are talking about. you can also go to the official forum to do the same!

You can review the list of surviving 2v2 maps here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1112590850

Be constructive and be on point! no unrelated posts please, i.e. "lel, relic".
17 Aug 2017, 20:51 PM

Got wasted with some mates and we played what appeared to be the worst ones, so here goes.

::British Logistics::
Its overly-clustered with buildings, two of the three sets of bridges are those wooden ones and and the small size makes it basically just an AI-meatgrinder map. There's also a random neutral airlanding officer near north spawn for some reason.

Maybe if the river was made heavily or entirely into shallows and the buildings were toned down and more strategic it could be kinda like a 2v2 Halbe, but right now its camp-city. Also, bases need defenses.

::Mass Destruction::
Too big, you start with a Goliath for some reason, there's no cover but garrison cover and that's only in random chunks of the map and the map is literally ALL heavy snow. The. Whole. Fucking. Thing. It just isn't really a good map, there's not really a lot you can work with to make it good either.

::Village Agricole::
Not as bad as the other two, but I was only on the right-hand side away from the town. There need to be more openings around the vineyard. The LoS reductions in it are also pretty nasty and a bit much. Buildings on the right should be reduced to one solid one rather than three. Not really sure why VPs are clumped on the right, it would make more sense to scatter them in a line down the center. The piles of dead cows on the bottom is also really weird, throw in some hay or trees or something to break up the monotony.
18 Aug 2017, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

ok, it kinda looks like ALL submission that meets barebone requirement passed the first round. i know that is what was said on the announcement page but i am still kind surprised.

:: Dunkirk ::
-too little decoration
-territory boundaries not even edited
-resource points in water is a huge no no
-resource point at the dock is even more no no
-five fuel points and 3 muni...

literally not a single ounce of work was put in after the author met minimum requirement. I cannot say if you were going for open map or you simply did not have time to put more things on. resource points system you got going on need a loooooot of testing... you should probably just opt for normal 10 RP, 2 FP and MP.
19 Aug 2017, 13:50 PM

Tried Fontenay-le-Pesnel out and it doesn't seem to be a bad map. Doesn't have glaring serious problems but something about it doesn't look right, maybe the water is flowing too fast. I like how garrison are designed to be somewhat awkward to use because that prevents camping with mgs. Sight blockers around the central vp make for easy use of assault units and the frontline is wide and allows for flanking. With the cutoffs being a bit too safe for my liking and muni points and side vps hard to contest it may often develop into a grinding stall on the central vp, but more testing is needed to see if that's the actual case.
19 Aug 2017, 13:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

*Moved the Thread*

We have now a complete sub-Forum for the contest 2017 :)

It would be great if you have some Infos / Suggestions about a map,

that you create a new thread for this map, if there is not already one.

So it's easier for the Mapmakers to find your suggestions

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS