Login

russian armor

Hello I am new

14 Aug 2017, 20:10 PM

The streamer VonIvan told me in his stream to go here after I bought the game watching his stream and feeling it is a cool game.

I have no friends that play this game and I would like to find someone to play with. I am a noob and need help too.

Thank you in advance.
14 Aug 2017, 20:42 PM

Hello, welcome :)

I recomend you to play the tutorial first, then try the campaing and then go to the automatch vs computer and then you can jump to automatch vs real players :)
14 Aug 2017, 22:45 PM

The whole point of this game is making the right units at the right time. You normally make infantry and gather resources by taking points for a few minutes. By 5:00 to 7:00 minutes light vehicles will hit the field so you need one or an Anti-Tank gun (AT). Shortly after that medium vehicles will show up (tanks etc). Then heavy tanks, then artillery etc. This is the normal loadout style. Some people skip light /medium vehicles and save up for a Heavy Tank. You have options :)

The game also has asymmetrical balance so the units from each faction are different from their counterparts in another faction. Some factions the infantry fights well at a long distance, some close up. Some get bonuses if they are in cover. The Wehrmacht army probably has the best mix of all unit types at this point in time.

A trick I like to point out to learn is there is a mod made for the game that lets you put any unit anywhere you want and let them fight it out. This will show you which units are good at beating others etc. In the menu you can create units lets say tanks. Then select one and set its owner to the enemy and the tanks will start blasting each other. You can also play against the AI/Bots and if you get run over just plop in a heavy tanks and destroy them :P

Link: Cheat Commands II mod

There are many situations you needs to learn but it takes 10 minutes to get to that point and it may not play out where you learn anything. The mod lets you setup any situation and try it out.

Playing in 4v4 games is also a lot more forgiving if you are new. The other 3 players can carry you so you dont get completely rekt in 2 minutes. But you will get flamed and blamed for the losses. Just ignore them they cry all the time anyway.

Also, your units gain veterency by fighting and using abilities. With veterancy they get buffed (work better). Dont let you units get below about 70% health. Retreat them if they do. They die in a non-linear fashion so they will go fast below this point. Each faction can make health to fix the infantry up and engineers can repair vehicles etc. Fight a little then pull back, rinse and repeat.

There are numerous things to checkout here in the GUIDES section (menu above).

This is a pretty good 10 minute tutorial as well on Youtube
15 Aug 2017, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2017, 20:42 PMLuciano
Hello, welcome :)

I recomend you to play the tutorial first, then try the campaing and then go to the automatch vs computer and then you can jump to automatch vs real players :)

Oke I will try that!
15 Aug 2017, 06:49 AM

The whole point of this game is making the right units at the right time. You normally make infantry and gather resources by taking points for a few minutes. By 5:00 to 7:00 minutes light vehicles will hit the field so you need one or an Anti-Tank gun (AT). Shortly after that medium vehicles will show up (tanks etc). Then heavy tanks, then artillery etc. This is the normal loadout style. Some people skip light /medium vehicles and save up for a Heavy Tank. You have options :)

The game also has asymmetrical balance so the units from each faction are different from their counterparts in another faction. Some factions the infantry fights well at a long distance, some close up. Some get bonuses if they are in cover. The Wehrmacht army probably has the best mix of all unit types at this point in time.

A trick I like to point out to learn is there is a mod made for the game that lets you put any unit anywhere you want and let them fight it out. This will show you which units are good at beating others etc. In the menu you can create units lets say tanks. Then select one and set its owner to the enemy and the tanks will start blasting each other. You can also play against the AI/Bots and if you get run over just plop in a heavy tanks and destroy them :P

Link: Cheat Commands II mod

There are many situations you needs to learn but it takes 10 minutes to get to that point and it may not play out where you learn anything. The mod lets you setup any situation and try it out.

Playing in 4v4 games is also a lot more forgiving if you are new. The other 3 players can carry you so you dont get completely rekt in 2 minutes. But you will get flamed and blamed for the losses. Just ignore them they cry all the time anyway.

Also, your units gain veterency by fighting and using abilities. With veterancy they get buffed (work better). Dont let you units get below about 70% health. Retreat them if they do. They die in a non-linear fashion so they will go fast below this point. Each faction can make health to fix the infantry up and engineers can repair vehicles etc. Fight a little then pull back, rinse and repeat.

There are numerous things to checkout here in the GUIDES section (menu above).

This is a pretty good 10 minute tutorial as well on Youtube

Thank you a lot! I have tried your tips and it worked somewhat. I find it hard because the computer seems to know where my stuff is from time to time.
15 Aug 2017, 11:21 AM

Thank you a lot! I have tried your tips and it worked somewhat. I find it hard because the computer seems to know where my stuff is from time to time.

lol Yes the computer cheats a lot! It knows what units you made and where you are moving them. It will always counter you. When playing the bots dont move your units long distances and always use A-MOVE (attack move). If you want a unit to move from your base to the middle of the map, tell them to move to about 3/4 of the map and then stop them at about 1/2 (middle). Or move them in small steps. A-move in small steps works very good against people and bots.
16 Aug 2017, 14:00 PM

lol Yes the computer cheats a lot! It knows what units you made and where you are moving them. It will always counter you. When playing the bots dont move your units long distances and always use A-MOVE (attack move). If you want a unit to move from your base to the middle of the map, tell them to move to about 3/4 of the map and then stop them at about 1/2 (middle). Or move them in small steps. A-move in small steps works very good against people and bots.

Oke I will do this. How can I make the computer not cheat? Is there an option?
16 Aug 2017, 17:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Oke I will do this. How can I make the computer not cheat? Is there an option?

Easy mode is nearest. but you will soon find that very boring indeed.

Play a game against 'Easy mode' AI, save it and play back from Easy mode perspective. All the characters will dance about and not advance, if you are being slow.

The sooner you play against humans, the more interesting it will be, even if you lose. If you do lose against a human and do not understand why, post a replay for our Strategists to review. (They are not really interested in reviewing games against the AI, since AI is programmed to 'maphack')
17 Aug 2017, 07:25 AM

Play a game against 'Easy mode' AI, save it and play back from Easy mode perspective. All the characters will dance about and not advance, if you are being slow.

The sooner you play against humans, the more interesting it will be, even if you lose. If you do lose against a human and do not understand why, post a replay for our Strategists to review. (They are not really interested in reviewing games against the AI, since AI is programmed to 'maphack')

Alright I will start to play against humans. Thank you.
17 Aug 2017, 14:30 PM

I have won my first match against a human player! It was because he made some mistakes. But I am very happy. You were right, I learned a lot from that match!
17 Aug 2017, 16:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have won my first match against a human player! It was because he made some mistakes. But I am very happy. You were right, I learned a lot from that match!

:thumb: gl hf

You won't win every match, of course, but it's fun trying.

If you have not already done it, try reading/watching some of our Beginners Guides, and use our Twitch channels - "LiveStreams" - to watch some of the top players when they stream. e.g. your contact, St Ivan of Arnhem.

And if you want one-to-one help, contact our Strategists for a review, if you lose a match and cannot figure why you lost.

Last, we hope to resume a Mentoring Program in the autumn/fall, but this may require you to have played a certain number of matches against humans, so press on!

17 Aug 2017, 16:54 PM

:thumb: gl hf

You won't win every match, of course, but it's fun trying.

If you have not already done it, try reading/watching some of our Beginners Guides, and use our Twitch channels - "LiveStreams" - to watch some of the top players when they stream. e.g. your contact, St Ivan of Arnhem.

And if you want one-to-one help, contact our Strategists for a review, if you lose a match and cannot figure why you lost.

Last, we hope to resume a Mentoring Program in the autumn/fall, but this may require you to have played a certain number of matches against humans, so press on!

Cool! I will look into the mentoring program when it is ready! I will keep it up! Cheers!
18 Aug 2017, 17:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

The streamer VonIvan told me in his stream to go here after I bought the game watching his stream and feeling it is a cool game.

I have no friends that play this game and I would like to find someone to play with. I am a noob and need help too.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/27841/looking-for-mates-to-play-with-thread

also have a look in the discord channel

https://www.coh2.org/news/58743/coh2-org-discord-vip-server-launch
19 Aug 2017, 13:48 PM
4 Sep 2017, 07:08 AM

Welcome to the forums, feel free to reach out to me if you see me online. I would gladly play a game.
4 Sep 2017, 09:13 AM

4 Sep 2017, 16:39 PM

welcome to the forums, if u want someone to play with (or against feel free to add me on steam and i will gladly do it :)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198130192725/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS