Login

russian armor

Let me explain

14 Aug 2017, 11:13 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I watched the chat of A_Es piss of yesterday and saw a lot of hate because i used maxim spam. I used maxim spam to make the point that they are op. I wanted to show that they need a change, and if i didnt play that probably nothing would have happened and when the patch hits everybody would be maxim spamming again. Nothing says they will change now, but atleast i showed everybody that its more then viabale again. So you should probably thank me instead of hate me.
I used the sturmtiger to show the same point, for those of you who listened to the interview after game 2 have heard i want to see the unit nerfed, bcs its too good.
Also the moment with the setlle charge, i couldnt get out of the buidling because my screen froze on my tech map. If you dont believe it i can upload the vid, but you can also check the replay and see that i typ lag on the exact same moment that i cant get out of the building (you can still typr when u freeze, its the same thing as when you win or lose and the animition to the base of your opponent starts).

I also saw and have seen other big players in the past but again yesterday in the chat whine about the balance patch. However i NEVER see any of these big players propose changes they think are necessary and HOW these changes can be acomplished. I also never see them play the balance mod and post replays with things they want to see changed. Always whine and be angry at the mod team, but never take initiative yourself.... why?

Do whatever you want with the information, i just wanted to leave is message as it annoys me to see this situation. Thats why i posted it in scrapyard as it doesnt belong anywhere else, i also specifically left out names bcs it doesnt matter who did it.
14 Aug 2017, 11:27 AM
Strategist Badge

I can confirm that I had lag at that moment too, just so happened that it was in my favour.

Quite frankly Hooligan there is no need for you to defend your use of maxims or the sturm tiger, they are legitimate strategies/units which involve no exploitation or bugs. That they are too powerful should have no affect on your integrity as a player.

14 Aug 2017, 11:45 AM

Zarok confirms the same thing. They are op again.
14 Aug 2017, 14:06 PM

Who cares what you do?

If people think balance is achieved through self policing and treating meta game as game design, then there isn't any hope for this community.
15 Aug 2017, 13:51 PM

So I'm not too involved in the balance mod or testing community, I've just played as a fan since the game came out.

Since the beginning I've thought that "people play this game regardless of how good/bad these xyz units are, and they still have fun."

It has been a rare instance that, in tournament-level play, a certain unit or combo of units has been "unstoppable." If there is *nothing that can be done* to counter-play and come back against something like Maxim spam, then I'd say its OP and needs fixing. Very rarely has that been the case, in my opinion, for any unit throughout the evolution of the game.

I WILL say that certain strategies can only be effectively countered by certain commanders and tech choices, so in that aspect sometimes the game is rock-paper-scissors through structural choices and not through unit-vs.-unit situations.

The game design itself leads to a certain amount of the problem, I believe, because it is problematic to have one faction group (allies) focused towards "strong early game" and another (axis) focused towards strong late-game, because it means that if a game makes it to the 40 minute mark, Axis will win 90% of the time, which can feel unfair, OP, or broken.

Likewise, an Axis player that makes some critical mistakes in the early game can easily think "man, maxim guns are way OP" or "riflemen OP" because that is where the allies are strong.

Right now, team games seem heavily axis sided because the mechanics of team games mitigate many of the "strong early game" strategies that allies use i.e. flanking with rifles and maxim spam.
15 Aug 2017, 20:51 PM

So I'm not too involved in the balance mod or testing community, I've just played as a fan since the game came out.

Voices like yours are far and few between, and sorely been missed in the confirmation phase of these recent patches.

Since the beginning I've thought that "people play this game regardless of how good/bad these xyz units are, and they still have fun."

It has been a rare instance that, in tournament-level play, a certain unit or combo of units has been "unstoppable." If there is *nothing that can be done* to counter-play and come back against something like Maxim spam, then I'd say its OP and needs fixing. Very rarely has that been the case, in my opinion, for any unit throughout the evolution of the game.

I WILL say that certain strategies can only be effectively countered by certain commanders and tech choices, so in that aspect sometimes the game is rock-paper-scissors through structural choices and not through unit-vs.-unit situations.

The game design itself leads to a certain amount of the problem, I believe, because it is problematic to have one faction group (allies) focused towards "strong early game" and another (axis) focused towards strong late-game, because it means that if a game makes it to the 40 minute mark, Axis will win 90% of the time, which can feel unfair, OP, or broken.

Likewise, an Axis player that makes some critical mistakes in the early game can easily think "man, maxim guns are way OP" or "riflemen OP" because that is where the allies are strong.

Right now, team games seem heavily axis sided because the mechanics of team games mitigate many of the "strong early game" strategies that allies use i.e. flanking with rifles and maxim spam.

Precisely. These are numerous, fundamental design issues that compromise the whole approach of balancing units in specific matchups/vacuums.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★