Login

russian armor

2v2 Meta and Indirect Fire

2 Aug 2017, 21:18 PM

Past mid game, is 2v2 all about amassing indirect fire and then blasting the shit out of the enemy team from a safe distance? Or do I just feel stuck playing that way because I need to get better at the game? What are your thoughts?

2 Aug 2017, 23:13 PM

In 3s or 4s, I'd say you were right. In 2s, it depends on what the enemy is showing. Yesterday my brother and I faced 2 OKWs that clustered their buildings and went for KT. In that case, we both got Howies and commanders with offmap arty.
2 Aug 2017, 23:48 PM

Arty and super-heavy TDs. There's just way too many maps that are too small or chokepoint heavy that makes 2v2s super campy right now.
4 Aug 2017, 06:15 AM

Arty and super-heavy TDs. There's just way too many maps that are too small or chokepoint heavy that makes 2v2s super campy right now.

I'm assuming this is advice from an Axis perspective? Because Allies don't have any super-heavy TDs:sibHyena:

ISU-152 doesn't count, it has shit range and also bounces targets easily even with AP rounds on. Also ROF is like, one shot per match.
4 Aug 2017, 06:35 AM

I'm assuming this is advice from an Axis perspective? Because Allies don't have any super-heavy TDs:sibHyena:

ISU-152 doesn't count, it has shit range and also bounces targets easily even with AP rounds on. Also ROF is like, one shot per match.

I saw an ISU pen a P4 once, OP PLZ nerf :P
But yeah, TDs for Axis, rocket arty docs for Brits/USF and DSHK + Penal cheese for Soviets.
4 Aug 2017, 07:17 AM

Add permacloak snipers and titanium repair bunkers and you have coh1
4 Aug 2017, 09:40 AM

Add permacloak snipers and titanium repair bunkers and you have coh1

USF vet 3 sniper running around whilst perma cloak :foreveralone:
19 Sep 2017, 22:26 PM

Yeah, this is why I completely quit playing team games (including 2v2). Early game is nice, fun skirmishes with inf and light vehicles, but when it gets to mid-late game, all unit micro and infantry skirmishing is just thrown out of the window, and it becomes a game of who gets luckier with RNG mortar/offmap arty/rocket arty/strafe plane/howitzer/other indirect cancer. Your infantry have about 2 seconds of time to fight until they have to retreat due to taking too much damage from indirect. If you're unlucky, they get wiped immediately right there. It's not fun to me in the least. Infantry that need to stop to fire (LMG grens for example) are especially vulnerable to getting random wiped.

Thankfully, 1v1 doesn't have this problem because investing in heavy indirect means risking total loss of map control due to sacrificing from capping power and direct engagements. The game is more mobile by necessity, not some attrition warfare where lucky RNG wipes determine the victor. Those beautiful vetted up units really get to shine because they aren't being barraged by 5 mortars continuously.
19 Sep 2017, 23:11 PM

Yeah, this is why I completely quit playing team games (including 2v2). Early game is nice, fun skirmishes with inf and light vehicles, but when it gets to mid-late game, all unit micro and infantry skirmishing is just thrown out of the window, and it becomes a game of who gets luckier with RNG mortar/offmap arty/rocket arty/strafe plane/howitzer/other indirect cancer. Your infantry have about 2 seconds of time to fight until they have to retreat due to taking too much damage from indirect. If you're unlucky, they get wiped immediately right there. It's not fun to me in the least. Infantry that need to stop to fire (LMG grens for example) are especially vulnerable to getting random wiped.

Thankfully, 1v1 doesn't have this problem because investing in heavy indirect means risking total loss of map control due to sacrificing from capping power and direct engagements. The game is more mobile by necessity, not some attrition warfare where lucky RNG wipes determine the victor. Those beautiful vetted up units really get to shine because they aren't being barraged by 5 mortars continuously.

Yeeeeep. I only add teamgames for more 1v1 vetoes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment