Login

russian armor

Need feedback

29 Jul 2017, 02:56 AM

I have over 2000 hours in this game and still losing to Rank 6 players. I watch more replays than I actually play, so I am no longer seeing why I play worse than the games i watch. I think i need a fresh pair of eyes on what I'm doing.
Thanks
31 Jul 2017, 11:50 AM

Hello SeismicSquall,
Do not be ashamed, you aren´t a bad player and you really did well in the early game. You won most of the engagements at the time and gained big advantage when it comes to the map control.

However, as the game dragged into mid game you started picking bad engagements. I wouldn´t say there were bad when it comes to the fight, actually you won most of them. The problem was that you weren´t achieving anything by winning them. For example you was fighting over one strategic point near your base or for the middle VP, gaining them after you won the fight but because you´ve lacked presence in your part of a map, where fuel and munition is, he simply outcapped you there. You were winning the fights but he was gaining the map control.

Always make sure you are gaining something by winning the fight and try to focus your attention into the most important parts of the map – usually cut offs and fuel locations.

For example you can see here that if you´ve built early 222 and sent it together with 1-2 squads to the south, you could have forced those lone capping rifles to retreat and hold your portion of a map without big problems while still maintaining his part. You chose to not respond to his move, lost your part and when it was already late, you send there your units, losing both his and your part of the map.

But still the match wasn´t lost, Ostheer can almost always dig in somewhere, hold the ground while building up. You should have concentrated your troops in south/middle, trying to hold both VPs and fuel and munition and waiting for a Tiger call-in in the meanwhile. But you´ve chose to tech for p4 even when you were on a back foot even though waiting for the Tiger would be much more effective (you would get much stronger tank in the end + you would have had much more MP to build another hmg [you lost one] and for example pgren squad, to hold the ground). But you´ve chose to spend all your MP into teching even when you were on a back foot.

Also you continued to divide your forces into north/south portion of a map, always losing the important south and winning one strategic point on the north and then being pushed back by hmg42, which he stole from you. Never keep bashing against the wall, find another way, hold your part of a map and wait for bigger weapons to come.

Ann then you´ve lost your p4 because you´ve stupidly rushed his HQ after you killed his stuart instead of safely retreating back to your base. It was the last mistake, this mistake alone didn´t cost you the game but because you´ve made many of them before, this was the last one that resulted into your loss 

Hector

PS: Respond here once you read my review as I cannot know if you´ve read it until you post here (single read it, Hector is fine enough for me, as I know my work wasn´t useless)
Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them
31 Jul 2017, 14:05 PM

Hello SeismicSquall,
Do not be ashamed, you aren´t a bad player and you really did well in the early game. You won most of the engagements at the time and gained big advantage when it comes to the map control.

However, as the game dragged into mid game you started picking bad engagements. I wouldn´t say there were bad when it comes to the fight, actually you won most of them. The problem was that you weren´t achieving anything by winning them. For example you was fighting over one strategic point near your base or for the middle VP, gaining them after you won the fight but because you´ve lacked presence in your part of a map, where fuel and munition is, he simply outcapped you there. You were winning the fights but he was gaining the map control.

Always make sure you are gaining something by winning the fight and try to focus your attention into the most important parts of the map – usually cut offs and fuel locations.

For example you can see here that if you´ve built early 222 and sent it together with 1-2 squads to the south, you could have forced those lone capping rifles to retreat and hold your portion of a map without big problems while still maintaining his part. You chose to not respond to his move, lost your part and when it was already late, you send there your units, losing both his and your part of the map.

But still the match wasn´t lost, Ostheer can almost always dig in somewhere, hold the ground while building up. You should have concentrated your troops in south/middle, trying to hold both VPs and fuel and munition and waiting for a Tiger call-in in the meanwhile. But you´ve chose to tech for p4 even when you were on a back foot even though waiting for the Tiger would be much more effective (you would get much stronger tank in the end + you would have had much more MP to build another hmg [you lost one] and for example pgren squad, to hold the ground). But you´ve chose to spend all your MP into teching even when you were on a back foot.

Also you continued to divide your forces into north/south portion of a map, always losing the important south and winning one strategic point on the north and then being pushed back by hmg42, which he stole from you. Never keep bashing against the wall, find another way, hold your part of a map and wait for bigger weapons to come.

Ann then you´ve lost your p4 because you´ve stupidly rushed his HQ after you killed his stuart instead of safely retreating back to your base. It was the last mistake, this mistake alone didn´t cost you the game but because you´ve made many of them before, this was the last one that resulted into your loss 

Hector

PS: Respond here once you read my review as I cannot know if you´ve read it until you post here (single read it, Hector is fine enough for me, as I know my work wasn´t useless)
Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them

Thannks, Hector!

Regarding the P4. I was actually shift-clicking on the minimap to get it home safely after taking the stuart out. The way path i specified was to go to the road all the way on the top-right VP and take that road down to my base (3 points in an L-shape) so as to not retreat through that AT gun in the middle. I couldn't spend anymore time microing it as it just wasnt going where i wanted with short distance clicking - other units were dying in the meantime. I actually had no idea it went into the enemy base, lol.

Regarding the 222. I typically don't go for a 222 beucase USF tend to have good map control in the early game and get those resources fast for a staurt (yes, i know he went LT but no USF player does that lately and it cought my routine build off-guard). From all the games i watched I typically see a staurt already being built when a 222 hits the field, so it can only be used for baiting when paired up with a pak after that, which REALLY limits its mobility. I also noticed that its damage output is exteremly inconsistent. It might be good for driving squads off, but it seems to deal less damage then vanilla infantry or PGrens. I find that even the mg on the halftrack tends to drop models alot faster than the 222, which is what you typicaly want to see, less rifles shooting at you.

Aside from the 222 was there anyting else you would have done differently? A variance in the BO? Sending the MG top mid instead of bottom? Not building a sniper? rushing for 222 with only 3 grens in T1?

Thanks again, Hector. You kept me way from the darkside (crying imba) on a few occasions now.

31 Jul 2017, 17:36 PM

The build order was fine apart from the p4. You should have stalled for a Tiger in this one situation.

The problem wasn't build order, it wasnt even usage of the units on the field. You lost because of not picking the right engagements and not fighting on the key locations of a map, you lost because you've lost the whole picture of a battlefield not because your BO was bad.

Sniper is always good against USF, mg as well. Use it as you think and try not to lose it.

PROTIP: Never ungarrison hmm if you think it's going to die and enemies are closer to it than your forces are. If you are going to lose it, rather let it die in a building than giving it to your enemy.

General rule is.
See lieutenant - go 222
See captain - go pak

The 222 delay really good damage at long range (like lmg gren squad) + its not bleeding like grens do and always out fight rifles and is far more mobile.

Never rush 222 as your core BO only rush it once you see lieutenant to counter m20 and gain more map control.

As Ostheer the general rule is to create some core BO and then change it on battlefield once you see what's your enemy building. Ostheer is a responsive faction.

That's why I cannot tell you if you should always rush something because it's often very dependant on opponents faction and his build order

Always keep your head cool, use your brain and common sense and adapt to the battlefield.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 157
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak