Login

russian armor

Changes to how the minimaps are handled?

28 Jul 2017, 21:24 PM
Senior Editor Badge

So, a while back when I did my first map, I checked out the "How-to-minimap" guides and created the 4 files accordingly (well, the mm.tga which also was used as mm_preview.tga and mm_high.tga and the scaled mm_low.tga) and encountered no problem whatsoever.

Now, I tried to repeat this for a few other maps last week, but the in-game minimap ended up being scaled incorrectly (the map is too small both in the full-screen mode as well as when plotted in the corner). What did work, however, was only having the mm.tga and deleting the high, preview and low versions.

Was there a recent change, or am I just making a stupid mistake?

29 Jul 2017, 16:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

could be that you don't have the right scale in the .INFO file.
29 Jul 2017, 21:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2017, 16:25 PMSpanky
could be that you don't have the right scale in the .INFO file.

Never touched the info file; I did check it out now, but there was no item that I thought looked related to the size of the MM...

In the one case, I made a map from scratch and used the sizes that Uncle Sam noted in the guide (768 pixels in the long direction for one, and 360 pixels in the long direction for the _low) and ran into the issue.

In the other case I unpacked Crossing in the Woods, loaded the TGAs directly, modified them slightly and exported again without any changes to the size and got the same problem there.

And again, everything seems to look ok when I only have the _mm, and not the high, low and preview one. What's the point of the others then...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS