Login

russian armor

Suggested QoL change, or feature for Coh3

17 Jul 2017, 01:59 AM

I don't know if this has been posted before because I can't find any kind of search function, but anyhow

One major mechanic of coh is accuracy while stationary being much better than accuracy on the move for the vast majority of units.

This doesn't really affect your micro as much with a tank like a Panther where you can just a-move and duel it out while stationary since that's how you get the best accuracy, not to mention there's not much point to getting closer or reversing constantly to stay at max range due to great frontal armor. And no matter what, if you're chasing, there's not point in stopping right before a shot to maximize accuracy since you'll just fall behind.

However, in micro'ing Jackson's and such, I've really wished there was some way to tell how long left a tank as to reload. Jackson's you're constantly moving due to how squishy they are and the need to stay right at max range or simply get away from an engagement to repair after taking a single shot. Ideally you would press the stop key right before the Jackson fires to maximize accuracy, but it's hard to get the timing exactly down.

A reload countdown like the indicator for a grenade fuse would probably be just more confusing, but something just like three dots next to the vehicle indicator that disappear at regular intervals to show reload time and give you a good idea of when the next shot will go off would be nice.
17 Jul 2017, 02:29 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Timing glide shots is more of a honed skill. Maybe you're 0.5-1 second early but that accuracy debuff goes away. And as long as you retain most of your momentum you're generally ok. Obviously glide shots are more impactful on higher penalty factions. Ex: Both EFA, OKW - Panther, Comet and cromwell - UKF. However I do think the idea of adding this feature to the rumored coh3 would be good. As it would increase the skill ceiling and be more noob friendly. Plus currently many of the lower skilled players or less informed don't know how the mechanics of the game like glide shots work. Being able to see reload timer would help them to be more aware of such things.
17 Jul 2017, 05:02 AM
Patrion 15

-In-game unit stats at the menu and make it auto update so they don't have to update manually every time they patch.

(This will help new players to understand the game and would be a good long time investment which helps everyone.)

-Much more improved strategic map. Show the building tab. Let us draw arrows with CTRL. Let us ping/color entire sectors. Bring back chat log.
-Different pings. Attack, Defend, On My Way, Retreat.

(Making communication easier in online gaming could reduce toxic behavior greatly. No one has time to write in chat to make other understand in RTS games. If you want to take some things from mobas take different pings, not towers. LUL)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 13
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak