Login

russian armor

UKF base howitzer counter barrage

25 Jun 2017, 10:53 AM

so what is the range of this ability?

it appears to me that they definitely cannot cover an entire 4v4 map. some times not even half of it.

attribute editor shows counter barrage howitzer range is 1000 - -
25 Jun 2017, 11:19 AM

There's a thin line that indicates how far it reaches when you activate the ability.

25 Jun 2017, 12:56 PM

From my observations, the ability canot cover the whole place of most 1v1 maps.

This means that a howitzer built in near your HQ should be safe from the britishe counterbattery ability while being able to shell enemy cancer pits and other emplacements.

Hope this little hint helps you to counter the Cancer Commander in 1v1 environment better. ;)
25 Jun 2017, 13:07 PM

From my observations, the ability canot cover the whole place of most 1v1 maps.

This means that a howitzer built in near your HQ should be safe from the britishe counterbattery ability while being able to shell enemy cancer pits and other emplacements.

Hope this little hint helps you to counter the Cancer Commander in 1v1 environment better. ;)

thanks ;)

I'm a 4v4 player. zeroing + flare is also effective cancer eraser, but that takes 2 commanders, ie teammate who cooperates
25 Jun 2017, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 11:19 AMAntaria
There's a thin line that indicates how far it reaches when you activate the ability.

thx, didn't notice ;)
25 Jun 2017, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 13:07 PMarkpku

thanks ;)

I'm a 4v4 player. zeroing + flare is also effective cancer eraser, but that takes 2 commanders, ie teammate who cooperates

Yea this always works.

If Im not mistaken, then as long as you remain vision the zeroing artillery will destroy a full health braveced mortar pit.

Also if you have an ostheer teammate, you can try to get some vision with a cloacked sniper and then call in the zero arty.

It shouldnt be a problem to sneak a sniper near hit mortar pit because ostheer sniper has a good cloak compared to the other snipers (soviet) and is able to hop from cover to cover while remaining undetected.

25 Jun 2017, 16:19 PM

Ehat units will trigger the counter barrage from the 25 pounders?
25 Jun 2017, 19:47 PM

Ehat units will trigger the counter barrage from the 25 pounders?

Any in-direct fire units.

Mortars, howitzers, I even remember the Brummar getting targetted the last time I tried it.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2017, 11:19 AMAntaria

That was the nerfed range, right?

I think it was a little bit bigger than that, that's why so many people complained about it until they nerfed it to the ground.

I would have much better preferred a sort of creeping barrage ability for them or something.
25 Jun 2017, 22:01 PM

Yea this always works.

If Im not mistaken, then as long as you remain vision the zeroing artillery will destroy a full health braveced mortar pit.

Also if you have an ostheer teammate, you can try to get some vision with a cloacked sniper and then call in the zero arty.

It shouldnt be a problem to sneak a sniper near hit mortar pit because ostheer sniper has a good cloak compared to the other snipers (soviet) and is able to hop from cover to cover while remaining undetected.

yeah, still takes a teammate who listens to me though ;)
25 Jun 2017, 22:04 PM

Any in-direct fire units.

Mortars, howitzers, I even remember the Brummar getting targetted the last time I tried it.

That was the nerfed range, right?

I think it was a little bit bigger than that, that's why so many people complained about it until they nerfed it to the ground.

I would have much better preferred a sort of creeping barrage ability for them or something.

could use a change, now it feels useless. once i got my base destroyed trying to use inferior counter barrage in the existence of true counter barrage. just funny.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★