Login

russian armor

What Can I Do If My Squads Get Killed With One Shot?

8 Jun 2017, 23:21 PM

Do you need AT so you can build anti-everything-that-is-early bofors? Do you need weapons that shreds enemy infantry? 1 commander can give all you need to you. Totaly BS.
9 Jun 2017, 00:06 AM

I know this game can be frustrating, but the way you wrote your post makes it seem like you aren't really ready for constructive criticism. I'm gonna risk it, however, and review this one anyway.
9 Jun 2017, 00:23 AM

Yes, i wrote it while angry but i am always open for criticism for this game. I am not experienced player and want to learn more about it.

Thanks for caring.
9 Jun 2017, 00:51 AM

For a not experienced player you played very well. A few careless squad losses but overall your play is good, micro wise. Here are my notes on your game:

At 3 min in, you commit to a fight with your volks capping the fuel. Your opponent had all his units at the fight, while you are missing one. If you are capping with a squad in this situation, stall! Back off, sit behind cover. You will gain an advantage with map control, but you will lose it if you waste manpower fighting with inferior numbers.

At 4:40 or so, you are sneaking the raketen towards the bren, but then you move the volks towards the bren. Play back and let the bren feel safe if you want to surprise it. You do a good job getting it anyway in a bit.

You have tons of muni at 6 min, lay some mines with the sturmpios! They were capping a sector your volks were capping instead.

There was a chance to kill the bofors at 8:00. Your volks is taking zero damage from the bofors, and your raketen is idle a screen away.

Until the raketen has vet 1, move it uncloaked.

You continue to drive the p2 too close to the tank hunters and get its engine damaged. You lose map control because of this. Keep it at max range vs AT infantry.

You floated a lot of MP/fuel, you could have teched to ISGs sooner. However, I would have just made a 2nd raketen and killed the bofors after you make a few squads retreat on the flanks.

Your volks squad on the right did literally nothing for at least 5 minutes.

You do well destroying the bofors and getting back in the game. You get pushed off around 28 minutes and I think you panic. If you had gone back onto the field slowly, using your ISGs to push, you could have won easily. There was no need to charge in and lose so much stuff! You had the superior army at this point. Next time go slow, creep up your ATG and ISG, and you will retake the field. You had a huge VP lead so no need to rush.

Notes:

Raketens actually out range the bofors by 5 units. Be more aggressive early in taking down the bofors once you force some infantry sections away.

You could have made an mg34 and used that plus your P2 to win any engagement.

Put the mechanized truck further up so you can use the repair pios on it easier. It can still be in your base, but cheat it towards the road/frontline.

Don't fight a big fight if you don't have your whole army ready, unless the other guy also isn't fighting with his whole army.
9 Jun 2017, 02:06 AM

I always noticed that volks in the fuel but after one shots from grandes and croc i lost my sanity and made panic moves. Maybe i could wait and make better push with the VPs i have, you are right. I will try to control my panic next time in VP lead.

Thank you for your time!
9 Jun 2017, 08:09 AM

I haven't watched your game yet but in your defense I would say that the adv. emplacement commander with sim city strat is certainly beatable in 1v1, but it is extremely slow and unfunny to play against.

With Ostheer it is somewhat easy to push off with stugs, well places flamer ht and getting LoS by spotting scopes or sniper. With OKW it can be much more of a drag having to use several IsGs constantly barraging a bofors that is being repaired by the engineers from a forward HQ or finding the hairfine line where rakentens can attack ground it without being within range of the meat grineder.

Furthermore if they manage to support it with a mortar pit the fun times really start rolling along and you constantly have to reposition your weapons whilst still maintaining a presense somewhere else. But if all that micro is done well it can really pay off by setting the brit player back with... 280 mp and 80 fuel that can be rebuilt in a matter of minutes...

For all the mistakes Relic have made, I think this commander might be the worst. The real sin of this is not that it is a completely overpowered p2w commander, because I don't think it is. The real sin is that it is simply not fun to play the game when it turns into a slow grind with this commander. A few games of this and you are just about ready to uninstall and THAT is a fundamental flaw when a viable strategy gives you that feeling for a beloved computer game.
9 Jun 2017, 13:58 PM

That commander is not used in the game arnolaz posted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★