Login

russian armor

TFN Beta Key Quiz!

30 Nov 2012, 17:54 PM

Hello everybody!

As you will all know by now, the Company of Heroes website is now accepting CoH2 beta keys in anticipation of the early closed beta due to start at some point in December.

To celebrate, TFN has nabbed some beta keys (identical to those given away at Eurogamer and other conventions, allowing access to the early closed beta) to give away.

We will be giving some away via random draws from our Youtube subscribers and Twitch.tv followers, but we have also set aside 5 keys for the first winners of our quiz!

To be in with a chance of winning a key through our quiz, simply contact us by email with your answers at thefrontlinenetwork@gmail.com. The five winners will be the first five people to correctly answer all thirteen questions.

Good Luck!

1: In the very first Expert Insight Episode on TFN, who was the well-known expert player and coder that co-hosted with Fatal and Tommy?

2: In the very first episode of Frontline Fatalities Season 2, what is the name of the mod being played?

3: How long was the epic game 5 between Tommy and Pepsi in the Reddit Tournament II finals? (not the shoutcast/video, the replay)

4: How many times has Lollypop been featured in an episode (one of the players in the replay)? (not counting livecasts, only Standard Frontline Fatalities Episodes)

5: In the Symbiosis vs Prosentti game, what replay time did Prosentti pop his T17?

6. Who won the Livecast Showdown between RoM (Jim & Rainbow) and AllStars (Symbiosis & Lollypop)?

7: In the Frontline Fatalities Intro, in the 2nd black & white picture, what is the weapon the man facing his back towards us armed with?

8: In what episode does Aljaz build a proper M10 train to take on the King Tiger of his opponent, and how many M10s did he build?

9: In his Expert Insight episode, Aimstrong detailed a special anti-British opening when playing Whermacht from North Angoville. Where does he send his first pioneers?

10: What is the ongoing score in TFN shoutcasted games between Contador and Symbiosis?

11: If there was one extra piece of detail that could be added to the shoutcast overlay, what would it be? [There is no correct answer to this question, we just need your feedback!!]

12. What day of the week and at what times do you usually watch shoutcasts? [There is no correct answer to this question, we just need your feedback!!]

13. How did you find out about TFN?[There is no correct answer to this question, we just need your feedback!!]

The results are in!

First of all, it was great to see so many partaking in the quiz. It's actually given us a lot of useful feedback with regards to how we can improve our own casting and make it better for you guys, so thanks for that.

But on to the juicy stuff, the keys themselves. All quiz winners have been contacted with your beta keys via email, so GLHF in the beta when it arrives later this month.

Also, if you see your name in the list of random draw winners below, please contact us on the email provided (thefrontlinenetwork@gmail.com) or via a PM to myself or FatalSaint to let us know you're alive and, you know, able to enjoy the beta in its entirety. Please include proof of identity matching to the names below. Random draw winners have a few days to contact us, but if we don't have a response soon then it goes to someone else, so be quick!

Random Draw Winners

- Wifidi (Twitch)
- Pancakes102 (Youtube)
- thecolorfox (Youtube)
- SmitEvan (Youtube)
- Jawoloping Jeff (Youtube)
- Addzer 2k9 (Youtube)

So thanks again to all who entered, and make sure you're subscribed to our channel and following our Twitch for future updates- and maybe more beta keys!
30 Nov 2012, 18:03 PM

Love it. :D gonna have to do some research for these questions :p
30 Nov 2012, 18:43 PM

Probably too slow, but here's hoping...
30 Nov 2012, 18:52 PM

Good luck everyone! :)
30 Nov 2012, 20:27 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Very nice. I knew #1 off the top of my head (easy-peasy), but the rest are quite challenging. Good luck participants!
30 Nov 2012, 22:00 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Great idea guys. Now I just need to think of one as well in order to give out my last key.
1 Dec 2012, 14:17 PM

This was a very fun quiz to do! :)
did it just for fun as I dont need extra key.
so good luck to others !
2 Dec 2012, 18:21 PM

Yees did it, probably too late :) but still have to try !
5 Dec 2012, 10:27 AM

Do you reply back if you get it right/wrong?
5 Dec 2012, 10:34 AM

They said on Sunday's SNF livecast that they'd announce the quiz winners Friday.
5 Dec 2012, 10:45 AM

5 Dec 2012, 13:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

when is the live cast friday? also a very well made quiz it was fun to do and the questions were legitimately challenging questions. :D gonna be honest i did the quiz mostly for fun. if i win a beta key well yea for me.
5 Dec 2012, 16:44 PM

Not a livecast, it'll be released in our normal Friday shoutcast :)

We will post it around the place but bear in mind the onus will be on you, the viewer, to watch the cast to see whether you won or not and what to do to get it :D
6 Dec 2012, 02:48 AM

Uh, I don't knwo if I am able to watch the shoutcast on Friday as I have some important appointments already. Will it be enough to watch it later (on Saturday)?
6 Dec 2012, 03:27 AM

Good luck to those fools who participate.
6 Dec 2012, 07:26 AM

Uh, I don't knwo if I am able to watch the shoutcast on Friday as I have some important appointments already. Will it be enough to watch it later (on Saturday)?

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2012, 16:44 PMTommy
Not a livecast, it'll be released in our normal Friday shoutcast

I would assume that means it'll be on the TFN YT channel.
6 Dec 2012, 07:58 AM

Yes, but I'll also post the winners in here and on GR if you don't get to watch the cast itself.
7 Dec 2012, 14:50 PM

RE: Winning

Honestly thought this would be the kind of thing where all the keys would've been won in the first half-hour, heh.
7 Dec 2012, 16:52 PM

The results are in!

First of all, it was great to see so many partaking in the quiz. It's actually given us a lot of useful feedback with regards to how we can improve our own casting and make it better for you guys, so thanks for that.

But on to the juicy stuff, the keys themselves. All quiz winners have been contacted with your beta keys via email, so GLHF in the beta when it arrives later this month.

Also, if you see your name in the list of random draw winners below, please contact us on the email provided (thefrontlinenetwork@gmail.com) or via a PM to myself or FatalSaint to let us know you're alive and, you know, able to enjoy the beta in its entirety. Please include proof of identity matching to the names below. Random draw winners have a few days to contact us, but if we don't have a response soon then it goes to someone else, so be quick!

Random Draw Winners

- Wifidi (Twitch)
- Pancakes102 (Youtube)
- thecolorfox (Youtube)
- SmitEvan (Youtube)
- Jawoloping Jeff (Youtube)
- Addzer 2k9 (Youtube)

So thanks again to all who entered, and make sure you're subscribed to our channel and following our Twitch for future updates- and maybe more beta keys!

Check out our latest cast, Episode 42, for more details.

7 Dec 2012, 17:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

wahoo I winz :D

ps: fatal you is sly dog.
pss: also congrats to Tommy for saying my name correctly on tfn. (that doesn't happen very often.) :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★