Login

russian armor

What should I buy? Seeking advice.

3 Jun 2017, 13:22 PM

Hello,

With the recent sales, I want to buy 3 commanders. I mostly play Ostheer and OKW, though I also play UK sometimes. I'm looking for advice on what to buy, your help is very appreciated. Thank you.

These are the commanders I already have:

OSTHEER

Blitzkrieg Doctrine
Festung Armor Doctrine
Festung Support Doctrine
German Infantry Doctrine
German Mechanized Doctrine
Jaeger Armor Doctrine
Mobile Defense Doctrine

OBERKOMMANDO WEST:

Special Operations Doctrine
Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine
Breakthrough Doctrine
3 Jun 2017, 13:33 PM
Benefactor 355

I am assuming you are referring to a monetary transaction when you are mentioning words "sales" and "buy".

Don't waste your money on DLCs. Instead consider donating or subbing to Twitch streamers where you can pick up tips and tricks about da game.

If you play da game for awhile, you will naturally collect enough supply points to get whatever you want.

3 Jun 2017, 13:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well first, are you playing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4? Each one has different play styles. I can only really speak for 3v3s, in which you would one Anti Blobing, one "Field/Big map," and one usually filling a support role such as Ostheer's Air Supremacy, (or go bold with Encirclement. Very difficult and map dependent but can be rewarding and satisfying. Tends to be unreliable.)
3 Jun 2017, 14:37 PM

Hello,

With the recent sales, I want to buy 3 commanders. I mostly play Ostheer and OKW, though I also play UK sometimes. I'm looking for advice on what to buy, your help is very appreciated. Thank you.

These are the commanders I already have:

OSTHEER

Blitzkrieg Doctrine
Festung Armor Doctrine
Festung Support Doctrine
German Infantry Doctrine
German Mechanized Doctrine
Jaeger Armor Doctrine
Mobile Defense Doctrine

OBERKOMMANDO WEST:

Special Operations Doctrine
Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine
Breakthrough Doctrine

Steel division
3 Jun 2017, 15:19 PM

Maaan.. this game has already to few players and still people tend to simply don't help each other... That is quite sad...
Said that, I would suggest you Elite Doc and Spearhead for Ostheer. For OKW, you have the bests already IMO (put in count that I have less than 1000 hours of playing...)
3 Jun 2017, 15:21 PM

What Gaddafi said, tools are nice, but getting over the learning curve is better.
Once you do though, Scavenge Doctrine is definitely one of OKW's best and Lightning War or Mechanized Assault for Ost.
3 Jun 2017, 15:55 PM

I am assuming you are referring to a monetary transaction when you are mentioning words "sales" and "buy".

Don't waste your money on DLCs. Instead consider donating or subbing to Twitch streamers where you can pick up tips and tricks about da game.

If you play da game for awhile, you will naturally collect enough supply points to get whatever you want.

Yep, I was referring that. I didn't specifically buy anything, got the game on sale(Not this weekend madness, another one). I have some lira's sitting at my CC so I thought I should try some. Unfortunately, there is a """fair""" use limit on download/upload on my country so I cannot spare bandwidth(After 100 GB's, I get down to 3 mbps;_; )
Thank you for your advice!

Well first, are you playing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4? Each one has different play styles. I can only really speak for 3v3s, in which you would one Anti Blobing, one "Field/Big map," and one usually filling a support role such as Ostheer's Air Supremacy, (or go bold with Encirclement. Very difficult and map dependent but can be rewarding and satisfying. Tends to be unreliable.)

I mostly play 2v2 with my mate playing Ostheer. He mostly plays Air Supremacy. Thank you!

Steel division

Thank you for the advice, what advantages does it have?

Maaan.. this game has already to few players and still people tend to simply don't help each other... That is quite sad...
Said that, I would suggest you Elite Doc and Spearhead for Ostheer. For OKW, you have the bests already IMO (put in count that I have less than 1000 hours of playing...)

I think they're also helping, I cannot say I approve micro transactions or such painful grinding sessions...
Thank you for the advices, by the way. Ones I got in OKW are default ones AFAIK, good to know I'm not missing anything if I dont buy'em!

What Gaddafi said, tools are nice, but getting over the learning curve is better.
Once you do though, Scavenge Doctrine is definitely one of OKW's best and Lightning War or Mechanized Assault for Ost.

I'll look for them, thanks!
3 Jun 2017, 17:52 PM

what advantages does it have?

Useless infantry, worse truesight.
It's a good advice to not spend the money for DLC. Once you'll realize that you want to stay playing this game you'll have enough in-game currency to get whatever you need.
3 Jun 2017, 19:09 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Ostheer 2v2:
-Mechanized assault: Assault grenadiers are strong, close game early game infantry, stugE which is a good anti infantry tank, and the tiger in the end.
-Elite Troops: G43's are really good on grenadiers. You get good accuracy while you are moving, stun grenades are not bad as well, tiger ace only costs manpower but is amazing! However you can only call in one and when you do your manpower income will be reduced with 75% i believe (which is a lot) untill it dies. Nevertheless great commander.
- Fortified Armor Doctrine: Command p4 is really good against infantry and gives a buff to your other units, recon plane which is always good, and of course the elephant which is the best anti tank tank in the game.
- Spearhead Doctrine: Also a really good commander, it has the mortar halftrack which is really good against people who camp and you have recon and a bombing run which you can use to take out a howizter of your enemy. The tiger is of course good as well.

Okw 2v2:
-Fortifications Doctrine: S-mines are really good against infantry and you can lay bunkers with your volks, the pak43 is really good against tanks, the howizter is of course great against campers and the arty you can call in with your munition fires faster and faster the longer vision you have on your enemy.
-Scavenge Doctrine: This is also a good doctrine, maybe not the best in 2v2 though. The call in infantry is really good and you can call them in behind the lines. The grenades are great as well, you get more resources from the things you salvage as well. The ostwind is great against infantry and the call in artillery is really good and too.

Uk 2v2:
-Vanguard operations Regiment: Good commander call in, the officer is absolutely amazing and kills models really fast on almost all ranges and has great grenades. The call in strafe is good against infantry AND tanks! The churchill is good against infantry and tanks as well and you can get vehicle repairs in exchange for munition.
-Special Weapons Regiment: The boys at rifles are really good against light vehicles, the resupply halftrack gives great weapons that you can drop for you infantry sections. They are really really good believe me. The late game arty is a bit like the rail way artillery from the ostheer and is devestating. And ofcourse the churchill again, which is always good.

Hope this was usefull :D
4 Jun 2017, 06:50 AM

Ostheer 2v2:
-Mechanized assault: Assault grenadiers are strong, close game early game infantry, stugE which is a good anti infantry tank, and the tiger in the end.
-Elite Troops: G43's are really good on grenadiers. You get good accuracy while you are moving, stun grenades are not bad as well, tiger ace only costs manpower but is amazing! However you can only call in one and when you do your manpower income will be reduced with 75% i believe (which is a lot) untill it dies. Nevertheless great commander.
- Fortified Armor Doctrine: Command p4 is really good against infantry and gives a buff to your other units, recon plane which is always good, and of course the elephant which is the best anti tank tank in the game.
- Spearhead Doctrine: Also a really good commander, it has the mortar halftrack which is really good against people who camp and you have recon and a bombing run which you can use to take out a howizter of your enemy. The tiger is of course good as well.

Okw 2v2:
-Fortifications Doctrine: S-mines are really good against infantry and you can lay bunkers with your volks, the pak43 is really good against tanks, the howizter is of course great against campers and the arty you can call in with your munition fires faster and faster the longer vision you have on your enemy.
-Scavenge Doctrine: This is also a good doctrine, maybe not the best in 2v2 though. The call in infantry is really good and you can call them in behind the lines. The grenades are great as well, you get more resources from the things you salvage as well. The ostwind is great against infantry and the call in artillery is really good and too.

Uk 2v2:
-Vanguard operations Regiment: Good commander call in, the officer is absolutely amazing and kills models really fast on almost all ranges and has great grenades. The call in strafe is good against infantry AND tanks! The churchill is good against infantry and tanks as well and you can get vehicle repairs in exchange for munition.
-Special Weapons Regiment: The boys at rifles are really good against light vehicles, the resupply halftrack gives great weapons that you can drop for you infantry sections. They are really really good believe me. The late game arty is a bit like the rail way artillery from the ostheer and is devestating. And ofcourse the churchill again, which is always good.

Hope this was usefull :D

Thank you so much!
4 Jun 2017, 08:21 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Thank you so much!

Np, if you have more questions just quote me :thumb:
4 Jun 2017, 09:18 AM

You forgot the Landmattress doc.

The biggest weakness of the Brits is the lack of (reliable) artillery. You are either stuck with the mortar pit that can cover only a limited area and the 25 pounders which require infantry to pop smoke which alerts the other players.

The flamethrowers and commandos are also good in that doc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★