Login

russian armor

[1v1] Ostheer vs. Soviets.

22 May 2017, 20:26 PM

I'm ostheer in this replay, and I feel like I got bounced pretty much the entirety of the mid-game, and then I ended up getting my armor destroyed.
https://www.coh2.org/replay/61503/nil
Feedback on what I did wrong would be appreciated.
23 May 2017, 01:02 AM

I'll take a look at this one tonight.

Here you go:

In your initial capping order, instead of walking your MG through your pio squad and setting it up, you should let your mg finish capping and send the pios out ahead. Letting another squad scout for MGs is very important, and you would have had more territory faster.

Sending your 2 grens to the opposite side of the map from your MG isn't ideal, as ostheer you really want to let your units support eachother. You end up being forced off of that side and losing a lot of territory. If you had sent your MG to support your grens and attacked the middle of the map you would have had a higher chance of success.

At about 5 minute sin you are floating a lot of MP and fuel, try to remember to tech sooner!

When you successfully fausted the m3, you should have pushed more aggressively and at least made an attempt to kill it.

@ 10:20 you see the huge blob. Move your MG! It is tempting to leave weapons teams alone, but you should try your hardest to move them around the map, not only to make them as useful as possible at all times, but to make them harder to flank. You move it a bit later, but by then he's taken that half of the map.

At this point, you have over 300mp, and there's half a dozen enemy infantry squads. Don't be afraid to build a second MG if you feel you need it. Another option would have been a fuel OP to get to your armor sooner.

You could have killed the t-34 that you fausted if you had immediately chased it with grens to give vision. Additionally, you had the fuel for a PIV for a long time; you could have had your tank ready when the t-34 came.

At 21:30 you send the pak to cover your PIV, but it walks a long way before firing. Try attack moving the pak if it isn't in danger. You can always re-face it once it gets its first shot off.

You need to keep your pak with your tanks, just like you need to keep your MG with your grens. A pak and a stug and a PIV beats 3 t-34 if microed correctly (and you had the gren support while he had almost no infantry).

Last thing: you surrendered early. He had 3 tanks, but he only had 3 infantry squads to your 8(!!). The game was not over.

TL;DR:

You fight without cover a lot. Move your units into cover when you bring them into combat.

Keep your troops together; MGs with grens, paks with tanks, etc.

Are you using control groups for important units? Maybe put your pak on a hotkey, put your tanks on a hotkey, etc.

Play more aggressive, especially when you damage the engine of a vehicle. Go for the kill. Never give up.
23 May 2017, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 01:02 AMDanielD
I'll take a look at this one tonight.

Here you go:

In your initial capping order, instead of walking your MG through your pio squad and setting it up, you should let your mg finish capping and send the pios out ahead. Letting another squad scout for MGs is very important, and you would have had more territory faster.

Sending your 2 grens to the opposite side of the map from your MG isn't ideal, as ostheer you really want to let your units support eachother. You end up being forced off of that side and losing a lot of territory. If you had sent your MG to support your grens and attacked the middle of the map you would have had a higher chance of success.

At about 5 minute sin you are floating a lot of MP and fuel, try to remember to tech sooner!

When you successfully fausted the m3, you should have pushed more aggressively and at least made an attempt to kill it.

@ 10:20 you see the huge blob. Move your MG! It is tempting to leave weapons teams alone, but you should try your hardest to move them around the map, not only to make them as useful as possible at all times, but to make them harder to flank. You move it a bit later, but by then he's taken that half of the map.

At this point, you have over 300mp, and there's half a dozen enemy infantry squads. Don't be afraid to build a second MG if you feel you need it. Another option would have been a fuel OP to get to your armor sooner.

You could have killed the t-34 that you fausted if you had immediately chased it with grens to give vision. Additionally, you had the fuel for a PIV for a long time; you could have had your tank ready when the t-34 came.

At 21:30 you send the pak to cover your PIV, but it walks a long way before firing. Try attack moving the pak if it isn't in danger. You can always re-face it once it gets its first shot off.

You need to keep your pak with your tanks, just like you need to keep your MG with your grens. A pak and a stug and a PIV beats 3 t-34 if microed correctly (and you had the gren support while he had almost no infantry).

Last thing: you surrendered early. He had 3 tanks, but he only had 3 infantry squads to your 8(!!). The game was not over.

TL;DR:

You fight without cover a lot. Move your units into cover when you bring them into combat.

Keep your troops together; MGs with grens, paks with tanks, etc.

Are you using control groups for important units? Maybe put your pak on a hotkey, put your tanks on a hotkey, etc.

Play more aggressive, especially when you damage the engine of a vehicle. Go for the kill. Never give up.

Thanks for the feedback mate!
24 May 2017, 07:39 AM

I just want to add that even tough it might sound tacky, then Coh2 is in fact to a large extend a game of psychology and mental fortitude.

Early setbacks can easily rattle your cage and force on more bad decisions. I learned a lot from setting down a rule that I would never surrender unless I had less than 100 points left and literally no army. Even if you suspect defeat there is often a lot to learn from seeing a match to the end, and sometimes it might even help you exploit a mistake from the opponent and sneak in a pyrrhic victory in the last minute :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS