Login

russian armor

Armored Assault tips?

17 May 2017, 13:18 PM

Hello! I need some tips for Armored Assault tactics. I seriously love SU tanks because of versatility. T-34-85 is good allrounder (two MG, big splash VS infantry) and AT (maybe penetration isn't best, but if you catch Panther and shot at her "ass", she will die quickly because '85 had very big DMG output). And IS-2... it's IS-2! Hey! He's is very good to fear your enemy! BUT! Im not starting with those tanks. I need to win early game to take it. And here's the problem. I dont have tactic. My typical build order looks like that:

-T1
-Penals
-Penals
-Medics
-Penals

-T3 -> T4

- 2 T-34-85 to help frontline
- Farm for IS-2
- Katyusha

This build doesn't works well all the time. Now i found new tactic:

-T2
-Cons
-Maxim
-Cons
-Medics
-Mortar
-ZiS

T3 -> T4

-T34-85
-T34-85
-IS-2
-Katyusha
-T-34-85

Im trying to set Demos at places where enemies can set MG or At, but im noob in this and it works 30-40% times. Im trying to use mines planting them on roads and places where enemies can surprise me with tanks, but this too don't works well (1-2 mines per battle do some dmg).

So, im looking for 4v4 full random tactic for this commander. Can you help me guys?
22 May 2017, 07:58 AM

I'm by no means an expert compared to some of the other guys in here, but I have recently refound my love for the standard t-34/76.

It seems that during the last year of patches it has been both power creeped and directly buffed, so it now provides a decent and very cost-efficient counter to both german mediums as well as infantry. In my opinion you get more bang for the buck with these guys now and choosing the smaller gun will save you a lot of fuel so you will be able to rush out an IS-2 much faster.

Of course skipping the t-34/85 could beg the question whether armoured assault is the best choice of IS-2 doctrine?
23 May 2017, 11:03 AM

Hey there!
Also no expert but I like to play penal since they are still very good. Try mixing it with 2 sniper squad and your army will have a lot more punch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★