Login

russian armor

Dealing with Kubel Spam

14 May 2017, 10:36 AM

Is it me or USF horribly disadvantaged vs Kubel spam in open maps? Like holy shit the DPS of these guys are insane vs squads in the open. Not to mention they can cap so it's not like they lose capping power anyway. My Rifle squads drop models like flies and so far the only way to stop them is to build extra RE and try to engage from cover. Even then another Kubel can come and push squads away. So there your early game advantage gone and forced to go the backfoot against OKW who has no MP bleed whatsoever(SP can rep any damaged Kubel plus you lose 210MP anyway per unit, not that punishing once OKW pushed USF off the map. Even better if OKW goes Luchs/Pzfuss with G43(which they have Munis for) and proceed to roflstomp the rest of my army. How do you guys deal with this strat at match start or recovery phase? Usually I barely have enough fuel for Lt tier at this stage.

as someone who occasionally uses the kubel strat against USF, i can tell you that it's definitely effective, particularly against riflemen. i know i'm borrowing points from hector and others, but things to think about...

1 - stick to cover, get an ambulance, and retreat if you only have one squad vs multiple kubels. you want to minimize early-game bleed.
2 - pay attention to what else he's building. if you don't see ANY volks he's likely waiting for 2 CPs and panzerfusiliers.
3 - the WC51 thing can work, but i often build an early raketen solely to address that (or UC if brits). better off sticking to your play and working around the kubels.

two-three rifle squads can just charge a kubel (as long as they've been healed) and they'll win, but one squad vs two kubels and a sturmpio squad is just going to bleed. manage the bleed, keep your forces together, and get an m20/at gun out as soon as you can.
17 May 2017, 06:41 AM

Hector is wrong about the WC51, it only works vs 1 kubel (which is definitvely not a spam). If the OKW player stick 2 kubels together, forget the WC51.

You can go x2 RE or even x3 and build a pit at your cutoff. Stick a RE inside and wait till you get enough forces.
Imo at this stage, I don´t think T1 rush is the way to go. Kubel lose a lot of power past 5 minutes and you'll eventually take them one by one.

You have to evaluate the situation around 5 minutes.
Does he have more fuel, did he cut your fuel, did he cap your fuel for some time? ==> T2, you'll need an ATgun and focus on capping munition to equip BARs cuz he can go Pzfull+Luch or Jaeger+Ostwind and you'll bleed much harder with a useless T1 and a m20 hardcountered 1m after being called.

Otherwise, mechized company is good on the long run especially vs OKW, the CP08 arty strike is the best arty strike you can get from USF doctrines, it take 2/3 life of OKW buildings. I say the best for its price/skill/effect, you just need the amo and vision. The more powerful one is the reco's one from pathfinder but you'll need to call a pathfinder and get him where you want to strike.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS