Login

russian armor

How to remove this dispatch ability "churchill_crocodile"?

7 May 2017, 04:33 AM

There should be no heavy armors in an infantry mod.

I removed all actions from this ability,but it does not work.

How to remove or disable it?

This one is different from other British dispatch abilities.:help:
7 May 2017, 10:26 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There should be no heavy armors in an infantry mod.

I removed all actions from this ability,but it does not work.

How to remove or disable it?

This one is different from other British dispatch abilities.:help:

I believe the ability is called pepper_pot. Since the British are programmed differently you may just want to change the ability or you could just add an unobtainable requirement with usage and display in order to hide it.
8 May 2017, 10:29 AM

1-I believe the ability is called pepper_pot. Since the British are programmed differently you may just want to change the ability or you could just add an unobtainable requirement with usage and display in order to hide it.

Well,the ability is called "churchill_crocodile"(Deploy a Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank.)

not "pepper_pot" (Heavy supporting artillery will fire at the target location.) I'm afraid.

2-I have no idea how to change the ability.Could you show me an example?

3-I trier to add these requirements,but nothing changed:

"required_contained_squad_type"
"squad_type": is2 (need a IS2 squad to active the ability?)

"required_race"
race: soviet (this ability is not of soviet's ability)

"required_population"

"required_structure"
"structure_name": refugee_female_mp (must have sovet refugee_female to active the ability?)

I'm not sure if they are unobtainable requirements.

4-I tried "display" , "usage" and "usage_and_display" on the same ability,but I don't see any change.What's the difference between them,may I ask?
8 May 2017, 11:25 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well,the ability is called "churchill_crocodile"(Deploy a Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank.)

not "pepper_pot" (Heavy supporting artillery will fire at the target location.) I'm afraid.

2-I have no idea how to change the ability.Could you show me an example?

3-I trier to add these requirements,but nothing changed:

"required_contained_squad_type"
"squad_type": is2 (need a IS2 squad to active the ability?)

"required_race"
race: soviet (this ability is not of soviet's ability)

"required_population"

"required_structure"
"structure_name": refugee_female_mp (must have sovet refugee_female to active the ability?)

I'm not sure if they are unobtainable requirements.

4-I tried "display" , "usage" and "usage_and_display" on the same ability,but I don't see any change.What's the difference between them,may I ask?

Oops sorry about that, I was thinking another ability that had a really strange name. The ability is actually called breakthrough_operations
8 May 2017, 16:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

"display" , "usage" and "usage_and_display" What's the difference between them,may I ask?

When the requirements aren't met, usage will simply gray out the ability and prevent you from using it. On the other hand, usage_and_display will not let you use the ability and will not even display the ability button/icon. The latter is mainly useful for keeping the command card clean for when a unit has a mutually exclusive upgrade that grants specific abilities. An example of such an ability that uses the usage_and_display is the OKW minesweeper toggle which only shows up after the Support Package upgrade.

I'm not sure what display would entail, other than not showing the button/icon. I don't know if the ability responds to the assigned hotkey if it's not visible, since I never tried it myself.
9 May 2017, 12:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm not sure what display would entail, other than not showing the button/icon. I don't know if the ability responds to the assigned hotkey if it's not visible, since I never tried it myself.

I think I just realized how display works. It is meant to hide a researched upgrade such as Lieutenant dispatch. Since the upgrade is being used it just only hides the display.
10 May 2017, 09:43 AM

When the requirements aren't met, usage will simply gray out the ability and prevent you from using it. On the other hand, usage_and_display will not let you use the ability and will not even display the ability button/icon. The latter is mainly useful for keeping the command card clean for when a unit has a mutually exclusive upgrade that grants specific abilities. An example of such an ability that uses the usage_and_display is the OKW minesweeper toggle which only shows up after the Support Package upgrade.

Again,I tried "display" and "usage_and_display" on a few abilities,I don't see any differences.

I appreciate your help.
14 May 2017, 10:27 AM

I think I just realized how display works. It is meant to hide a researched upgrade such as Lieutenant dispatch. Since the upgrade is being used it just only hides the display.

I tried this with "usage"

lieutenant_dispatched_upgrade_mp

though I don't know the difference,but it is helpful. :)
14 May 2017, 15:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment