Login

russian armor

[1v1] USF vs OST [Crossing in the Woods] [PVTGOONER]

27 Apr 2017, 18:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm posting this replay because I still need major help on figuring out which things I need to focus on the most. I can't seem to win any 1v1s unless my opponent is braindead. Am I just the worst CoH2 player ever? You decide.

28 Apr 2017, 13:20 PM

I'll probably take a look. But know that this map is anti-USF for because snipers in this map are a pain in the butt. I recommend vetoing this.
28 Apr 2017, 13:50 PM

So I didn't finish watching the replay(only 3/4) since halfway through I know it's already done for. So on to the tips:

1. The very first engagement you sent a Rifle squad first instead of you RE. Combat wise, the Rifle is a more superior compared to RE, and so must not be wasted on getting suppressed by an MG. Send the Rifle to the RE, and send the RE first with the Rifle close behind(but not too close to be suppressed).
2. Your build order, generally for large open maps such as this, a mortar for USF is not needed since you can wide flank with another squad, just get another Rifle and get map control.
3. DON'T PUT ZOOKS ON RIFLES EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.
4. You chose a doctrine too early and you paid for it, it's obvious that the guy's gunning for a T4 rush since he has absolutely no vehicles whatsoever 15 mins in.
5. Whenever you have two squads together, its more beneficial to focus fire one squad first before moving to the other. Sends the squad running and now you have a 2v1, easy.
6. For LT tier, unless the guy is blobbing mercilessly, I recommend just getting the M20, its far better on your micro than the Flak HT, which honestly is kinda situational.
7. Mines, you have them but did not put them in common vehicle roads. The junction just outside the bridge on your side of the base is very good example of a common mine placement which would have have crippled your opponent's Brummbar, allowing easy kills. An M20 mine on the other hand would have utterly immobilised it(M20 mines makes it that the tank DO NOT ROTATE OR MOVE ENTIRELY) and would have allowed you to utterly overwhelm and destroy it even with RE zooks.
8. Mines win games. Especially the M20 for USF.
9. Your MG is not doing anything for the entire match except food for the Brummbar. You should have put it at the fuel point garrison. Cap his fuel and when engaged just bring them closer to the MG.

Your opponent honestly can be killed off very early in the game provided you played better. An M20 or a Stuart if Captain first would absolutely wreck havoc on him. His only fuel investment in the Brummbar which can be kept in check by mines and RE zooks/AT guns. He didn't use his sniper well either and didn't lay mines, so a LV rush while avoiding Grens along the way would mean a dead sniper.
28 Apr 2017, 17:15 PM

Hi August, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this up for me. Really, I appreciate it.

Secondly, what would you say some of my strengths(if there are any) that I have? I want to try and play to my strengths the most and was wondering if there was anything I was doing properly?

Thirdly, I can never seem to make the M20 work for me properly. I feel like the flak truck is also a great tool to dislodge MGs from buildings, more so than the 81mm mortar (range is trash now) or pak howie or something similar.
28 Apr 2017, 17:39 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Hi Guys,

I'm posting this replay because I still need major help on figuring out which things I need to focus on the most. I can't seem to win any 1v1s unless my opponent is braindead. Am I just the worst CoH2 player ever? You decide.

Hi Soniichu, as a rule of the strategy desk every review must satisfy the poster and/or have a staff strategist review it. August1996 has given you a review of your replay. If you are satisfied with his work please say so and we can mark this as a completed review. If you'd like an additional review from a strategist feel free to ask. Even if you say you are satisfied you're more than welcome to ask additional questions, just be sure to "reply" to someone so they get a notification of it so your question doesn't take longer than need be. :)

Also be sure to mention what faction you're playing as in your introduction to the thread if your steam name is different than your .org name to avoid any mixups.

/set yellow
28 Apr 2017, 20:03 PM

Hi August, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this up for me. Really, I appreciate it.

Secondly, what would you say some of my strengths(if there are any) that I have? I want to try and play to my strengths the most and was wondering if there was anything I was doing properly?

Thirdly, I can never seem to make the M20 work for me properly. I feel like the flak truck is also a great tool to dislodge MGs from buildings, more so than the 81mm mortar (range is trash now) or pak howie or something similar.

Your Rifle play is good, putting them in cover, responding to immediate threats in the first 5 minutes. Even exploited the garrison where the Gren in using by shooting from the side where there are no windows. Remember, always send squads in the direction with the least amount of windows. Your vehicle play is kinda subpar looking at the Flak HT, however I don't judge based on a situational unit. Do not make the mistake of dissing the M20. It will absolutely shred squads close range(any squads with no AT and flanked weapon teams) and snipe models long range(any squad with fausts). Put one zook on RE when you first tech weapon racks and rest on BARs, giving them another zook if you facing against Luchs for OKW. With USF, you have to direct your entire force towards his weakest point. Every engagement is a commitment because you have to snowball to late game given how pathetic USF late game without Pershing/Calliope.

For M20 usage,
1. The upgrade is a must buy. No buts.
2. The MG is equivalent of a Rifle squad with a BAR in terms of DPS.
3. Mines immobilise all enemy vehicles. Put them in common traffic areas and bait your vehicles over them to kill any enemy tank. Suitable as a fall back point. However it is very expensive at 60 munis. My advice is to put them where you think enemy vehicles might go to chase your retreating infantry.
4. The crew comes with a zook. Before this gets removed by the balance team use it as a last resort if you have nothing else to kill light tanks together with AT Rifle grenades.
5. It can sight for enemy MG's and tanks for the rest of your forces to move in. Just be careful because it dies to 2 AT gun shots.
6. It has increased accuracy against snipers so it's very good to dive and kill snipers. Be careful of Grens and mines.
7. It can circle around unsupported Pak guns and MG42s in the open(read: alone and no grens whatsoever)
28 Apr 2017, 20:41 PM

Your Rifle play is good, putting them in cover, responding to immediate threats in the first 5 minutes. Even exploited the garrison where the Gren in using by shooting from the side where there are no windows. Remember, always send squads in the direction with the least amount of windows. Your vehicle play is kinda subpar looking at the Flak HT, however I don't judge based on a situational unit. Do not make the mistake of dissing the M20. It will absolutely shred squads close range(any squads with no AT and flanked weapon teams) and snipe models long range(any squad with fausts). Put one zook on RE when you first tech weapon racks and rest on BARs, giving them another zook if you facing against Luchs for OKW. With USF, you have to direct your entire force towards his weakest point. Every engagement is a commitment because you have to snowball to late game given how pathetic USF late game without Pershing/Calliope.

For M20 usage,
1. The upgrade is a must buy. No buts.
2. The MG is equivalent of a Rifle squad with a BAR in terms of DPS.
3. Mines immobilise all enemy vehicles. Put them in common traffic areas and bait your vehicles over them to kill any enemy tank. Suitable as a fall back point. However it is very expensive at 60 munis. My advice is to put them where you think enemy vehicles might go to chase your retreating infantry.
4. The crew comes with a zook. Before this gets removed by the balance team use it as a last resort if you have nothing else to kill light tanks together with AT Rifle grenades.
5. It can sight for enemy MG's and tanks for the rest of your forces to move in. Just be careful because it dies to 2 AT gun shots.
6. It has increased accuracy against snipers so it's very good to dive and kill snipers. Be careful of Grens and mines.
7. It can circle around unsupported Pak guns and MG42s in the open(read: alone and no grens whatsoever)

What would you recommend for a USF build order that uses LT and Maj?
28 Apr 2017, 20:57 PM

What would you recommend for a USF build order that uses LT and Maj?

Rifle>Rifle>Rifle>LT>M20>Ambo>Weapon Racks>MG(optional vs OKW/blobbing OST and useless for normal OST)>Major>Sherman>Jackson

Get ambo first if you have squads that are 5 models but 75% health or lower after the third Rifle. Stops bleeds from happening. As usual, skip Major and pick Armor for the M10s if you're falling behind in tech. Any OKW forward base(if they do it) just bring your Lieu over to say hi to any retreating squad.

Spend your first Munis on getting M20 upgrade and M20 mine. Then RE zook(just one) and lastly on your Rifles.

If you are leading hard you can skip M20 and go straight for Sherman rush. Only works against OST that goes with scout car and OKW Battlegroup HQ.
29 Apr 2017, 17:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight