Login

russian armor

[2v2] How did I perform?

26 Apr 2017, 12:59 PM

First of all, I'm RoyalWeapon in this gameplay.

Ok, with that out of the way, i'm asking for a review on this gameplay, but a little bit of a different request: Usually, it would be what could we have done that could change the course of the game... But in this case, it's rather quite obvious that it just can't change; consider the fact that my teammate just unable to capture and hold the Southern fuel point (I told him to do it since the beginning, yet, he refused to focus on it) while myself being double-teamed for the majority of the match is just out of my expectation. Therefore, would anyone kindly review how did I perform in terms of gameplay? 

I came up with the idea of playing around with double MG42s during my hiatus quite a while back. However, I'm not sure did I execute it good or bad (This is the first time I faced such challenge ever since I played this way). So if someone can evaluate my performance on a scale of like 1 to 10, I would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance. ‎
26 Apr 2017, 18:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Will be taking a look at this. Thoughts posted shortly.

/set yellow
26 Apr 2017, 20:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just reviewing your gameplay choices and not yours as a team.

Things you did well:
  • Your opening strategy of double MG42s, double pios and double grens seems to be pretty effective.
  • MG42 individual micro was great.
  • Well rounded composition.

Things to improve on:
  • Using units synergistically
  • Squad preservation
  • Munitions spending
  • Map control

Using units synergisitcally: For the most part you did this pretty well. Grens supporting MG42s and vice versa, Pgrens making flanks. Occasisionally though you had units unsupported and they were caught out and forced to retreat. 2 instances I saw were an MG42 getting outflanked by a RE squad and forced to retreat, and the other was when you were pushing with your Pgrens and MG42 and grens, but didn't have your pak nearby. So when T34/76s came in to force retreats and bleed your units, you couldn't stop him. Always try and look at where your units are placed so you can adapt to any situation.

Squad preservation: This was one of the larger issues. You kept your squads alive for the most part but definite mistakes were made to lose you squads in the early and late game. Lost an MG42 squad very early at like the 3 minute mark. 2nd MG42 was able to suppress squads so the MG could not be stolen which was good. Try and have your MGs shooting outside the 35 range of standard rifles so they can shoot your opponets but they cannot shoot back. This only works when you have vision though so make sure you have that.
Next instance I want to talk about was when you had your 1 model pioneers capping the northern fuel when you saw 2 full rifle squads and a penal battalion coming up to that point via your retreat path. You retreated immediatly after capping the point right into both rifle squads and lost the pioneer. If you see squads converging on your retreat path like that and you have a low HP squad that needs to go through there try and soft retreat away from them and either hide behind a shotblocker ideally or take a long path around where they're positioned. Odds are they're going for some form of cutoff so you'll be able to see when he's capping the point.
Last instance of this was when you were capping top VP with a low HP vet 2 grens. Didn't react fast enough to 2 BAR rifle squads appearing and lost the squad even though the cap was finished. If you shift que you can click on the point then shift retreat so your squad will retreat immediatly after the point is captured if you want to do it that way. Just try and focus on keeping your squads safe with infantry screening if possible.

Munitions: Try and spend your munitions. Wasn't really sure where they were going or if your income was that low, but I didn't see LMGs come out on your grens for some time even though I saw floats of 150 munitions. Don't ever think I saw a mine planted, or flamer/sweeper.

Last big point is map control: Your opponet was getting his butt kicked indeed, but although you were trading roughly even with USF early eventually the soviets came mid and started to overwhelm you as well. If you're going to go for the defensive playstyle with 2 MG42s you should try and defend the higher value points with them. Munitions are nice, but not nearly as important as fuel in teamgames. I think going top over mid would've worked better for you. Even if you went mid like you did, top was undefended for the majority of the match. Try and send probe squads to scout the area to see if it's defended. Pioneers are pretty good for this as they're cheap and don't have as much use midgame as an infantry squad. If it's not defended, hooray you can take the points! If it is you now have knowledge of his unit positions and can send the appropriate squads to those points to attempt to take them away from him. You did try and decap the north a few times in the match, but the first time you even went north was about the 11 minute mark. Far to late if your opponets rushed that point, especially if your ally isn't capping his side.

Last 2 points I want to say is remmeber you're playing a 2v2, not 2 1v1s side by side. So you can help your ally if you think that's the better play. The other point is snipers. If you're capable of microing them you should use them against USF and UKF without hesitation. They'll also help your MG42s have increased vision.

Hope this helped. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns do not hesitate to ask.

/set green
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS