Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Sold 380k Physical Copies in 5 Days

1 Aug 2013, 07:54 AM

Like the title says, CoH 2 sold 380k physical copies between June 25th and 30th. Digital sales are unaccounted for right now, but that should push the numbers even higher. Congrats to Sega and Relic for a strong start!

Article:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/197354/Sega_reports_profits_up_400_percent_digital_delivers.php

Actual financial statement:
http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/2014031q_hosoku_e_final.pdf
(scroll down to last page. Under "Major Titles/Packaged Games")
1 Aug 2013, 08:10 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I heard the numbers were good. Nice to get some confirmation. Thx for the links. :)

Let's see how many fake accounts a certain someone makes to try to respond to this post.
1 Aug 2013, 08:22 AM

I heard the numbers were good. Nice to get some confirmation. Thx for the links. :)

Let's see how many fake accounts a certain someone makes to try to respond to this post.

No problem! I should probably add that the statement only said EU/US region so not sure how it's doing in Asia.

Don't know who you're referring to about the accounts but it sounds like drama so I'll stay out of it :p.
1 Aug 2013, 09:18 AM

Good Job Relic/Sega! We are all Happy, the big community is the good/happy community:D!
1 Aug 2013, 09:21 AM

400k people bought the game retail

only 10 in automatch 1v1

there needs to be a giant arrow pointing to the multiplayer button that says 'PRESS ME'
1 Aug 2013, 09:22 AM

most people dont play multiplayer sir muffin, same as in vCoH , very small fraction of players play automatch and especially 1v1 where u dont have a buddy to help you
1 Aug 2013, 09:25 AM

most people dont play multiplayer sir muffin, same as in vCoH , very small fraction of players play automatch and especially 1v1 where u dont have a buddy to help you

i know, they play it for the singleplayer, which is really weird.

we need to push multiplayer

i'm sure people play it once and get wrecked and just decide to quit
1 Aug 2013, 09:52 AM

only 10 in automatch 1v1

there needs to be a giant arrow pointing to the multiplayer button that says 'PRESS ME'

Or the PLAY button like in vcoh. I would love to play random now that there is no cahnce of getting the Brits :)
Two
1 Aug 2013, 10:36 AM

Glad Im not one of them got my CD Key for £20.
1 Aug 2013, 11:11 AM

I'm one of those single player guys, I'm just not a very competitive person. I used to be competitive, I was in the fighting game community and what not but over the years I've come to rather dislike being competitive with others.

Also I get my ass stomped. Overall I'd rather watch CoH2 multi (SNF, competitions, StephennJF's stream) than play it and that's precisely what I do.
1 Aug 2013, 13:05 PM

I've always been a single player guy. I am too old to want to spend 30 minutes concentrating intently, getting my arse handed to me, and trying desperately to learn how to be better in the very different MP arena, when I can just slide in to a SP game, pause when real life gets in the way, and learn the right tactics and counters over hundreds of SP skirmishes.

I'm glad that it's selling well though. I brought COH three times (first release, bundle pack, Steam) and it's my favourite game of my thirty year gaming career.
1 Aug 2013, 13:23 PM

No problem! I should probably add that the statement only said EU/US region so not sure how it's doing in Asia.

Don't know who you're referring to about the accounts but it sounds like drama so I'll stay out of it :p.

Do those figures include the pre order sales, or are those over and above the 400 k?

(Edit, it says brick and mortar retail. I suppose that could include some pre orders as my local shop had a pre order option. However it makes no reference to any digital buying a.k.a steam, I wonder just how many copies have been sold.
1 Aug 2013, 13:32 PM

Multiplayer is therapeutic in a way. Just shut out the outside world and get lost in the battles you create on the eastern front. I love 1v1 multiplayer now, I use to be scared of it but now as I got older I love it. I turn my phone on vibrate, pump up the volume, and concentrate learning ways to get better and think differently. ITS much better then sitting around watching the idiot box, at least there is lots of brain activity.
1 Aug 2013, 13:36 PM

only 10 in automatch 1v1

I don't think that's the reason why there aren't many players in automatch...
1 Aug 2013, 14:14 PM
Donator 11

only 10 in automatch 1v1

11! i played automatch today :D
its quite sad, that you almost always will get someone from this forum

coh multiplayer is hard, doesnt forgive you noobish mistakes, and most of the guys will beat you within 10minutes. you will have a hard time getting your first victories! i mean, sheldt lobby game was the first contact with multiplayer for most of the gamers, and it just doesnt exist enymore!
1 Aug 2013, 16:31 PM

I may include lobby for keeping causal player base if I were the dev
1 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM
Patrion 14

UGBEAR ftw. Bring back the lobby so the casuals can casual then filter up into competition.

The ongoing lack of a lobby is a mystery to me.
1 Aug 2013, 16:44 PM

There is still no lobby in this game? That is hysterical.
1 Aug 2013, 17:57 PM

I've never even touched the single player on this game. and I've done like maybe the first two missions in vcoh.

I just don't see the point in playing a scripted game against a boring computer incapable of rational thought.
1 Aug 2013, 18:04 PM

I've never even touched the single player on this game. and I've done like maybe the first two missions in vcoh.

I just don't see the point in playing a scripted game against a boring computer incapable of rational thought.

I would never buy an RTS to only play single player. 90% of the fun in an RTS game (IMVHO) is the competitive aspect.

I mostly play 2v2 and 3v3 since I'm still not great and don't have a lot of hours per week to practice, but I've done a bit of 1v1 and am attempting to improve. Glad there's no leaderboard yet though, as I think it'd discourage me somewhat to see exactly how much I'm losing :p

I'd like to see how many sales they've had across both digital and physical copies. I'd imagine that there'd be at least as many digital as physical copies sold.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight