Login

russian armor

GCS Seeding Released

A_E
18 Apr 2017, 22:52 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

The seeding has been done for the Grand Championship Series.

Match schedules for those that will be playing this Saturday and Sunday will be going live in a few days, and there will be a proper COH2.ORG post soon to go into detail on all of this.

This post is a quick update so the information is out there. It will be expanded on.

Here are the full brackets.

On the players tab you will find all the seeding information and the numbers that went into it.

Here are the placement results based on ELO scores given to players based on who they won or lost to.

How it was calculated.

Here is a video:

showing some of the work that went into creating all this. It took a mathematical approach based on creating the best seeding possible based on several factors: automatch rank, placement results, tourney wins in the last two years, and then the top players were repositioned based on organiser judgement after consultation.

No seeding is ever perfect especially considering the challenges involved, however I'm confident that these seeds will produce a fantastic tournament for all to enjoy.

Tough draw for you?

If you're a player that's coming up against one of the 'big boys' in the first or second round I urge you to see it as an exciting challenge.

G.C.S. was always going to be a stacked tournament with most of the top 100 in automatch entering, and several big players coming back into the game, it has produced a very stacked tournament.
19 Apr 2017, 01:02 AM
Donator 33

Did Jove and Noggano chose not to enter?
19 Apr 2017, 01:05 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 01:02 AMLifer
Did Jove and Noggano chose not to enter?

Noggano says it will conflict with his exams.

Jove is either already in, or in the process of joining the Army.
19 Apr 2017, 04:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I sent my passport picture to you a few days ago A_E. Im able to re-send it tonight if needed.
19 Apr 2017, 21:43 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

brutal Jesulin 10 seed! I'd say he's in the bracket-of-death w Luvnest & Aimstrong. Yikes!
A_E
19 Apr 2017, 21:55 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

brutal Jesulin 10 seed! I'd say he's in the bracket-of-death w Luvnest & Aimstrong. Yikes!

These old guys are very difficult to seed, former tournament leviathans. I straight up pestered them about their practice levels and they were both pretty candid, reflected in the higher than expected seed for Aimstrong and the lower than expected seed for Jesulin.
4 Jun 2017, 21:42 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Pretty good job on the seeding it seems. If I'm no mistaken the top 8 made it to the quarters and now the top 4 to the semifinals! :thumb:
A_E
5 Jun 2017, 08:43 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Pretty good job on the seeding it seems. If I'm no mistaken the top 8 made it to the quarters and now the top 4 to the semifinals! :thumb:

Yeah haha, a bit too good, should have caused a bit more drama and upset with my seeding ;)
5 Jun 2017, 09:21 AM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2017, 08:43 AMA_E

Yeah haha, a bit too good, should have caused a bit more drama and upset with my seeding ;)

Guess next time you should do a worse job to make it seem like their are some upsets Kappa.
A_E
5 Jun 2017, 09:34 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Guess next time you should do a worse job to make it seem like their are some upsets Kappa.

Yeah in many ways I ruined my own tournament by doing too good of a job in Excel with numbers. I'm going to quit after this, stuff like Warpaint and ESL are way more entertaining due to the zaney seeding choices and meta drama ;)
5 Jun 2017, 10:36 AM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2017, 09:34 AMA_E

Yeah in many ways I ruined my own tournament by doing too good of a job in Excel with numbers. I'm going to quit after this, stuff like Warpaint and ESL are way more entertaining due to the zaney seeding choices and meta drama ;)

Semi finals should be great tho, see how strong all of them are proving to be right now...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★