Login

russian armor

SOV V OKW, King Tiger Help

17 Apr 2017, 12:28 PM

This is a reply of me getting beaten by a King Tiger and also a complete lack of ability to close out a game. It was suggested to me to upload it here on this thread https://www.coh2.org/topic/60703/dealing-with-king-tiger-as-su

Any help would be excellent, but brace yourself for some pretty awful play. For reference I'm hovering between 600-800 on the Soviet rankings.

17 Apr 2017, 14:22 PM

Will look at it :)
17 Apr 2017, 15:07 PM

Swap Guard Rifle Combined Arms for Guard Motor Coordination (it's more useful for 1v1).

Should've gone for penals [and occassionally an M3 if there's a kübel] (tier 1) right at the start.

Conscripts are only good for cannonfodder against volks in cover yet alone 2 of them head-on.

They're only accurate at short-mid range with their bad long range accuracy.

Focus down low health squads for wipe potential.

Almost 7 min mark: Great gardening demo! Nice work (that should've been gg imo).

Always go for cutoffs, not the actual special points as they're much slower to decap than regular points, making it more effective at crippling your opponents economy.

Don't repair stuff when there are enemies, repairers take 2x received accuracy when doing their job, making it really likely to get a wipe.

Once you've seen that he's chosen LGF commander, place mines (cons flare mine or engi regular mine) at the doors of the houses to prevent bad surprises.

Don't move out from cover if they throw a nade (not counting flame nades) because they reduce the damage taken, as opposed you moved out of it and got your shocks wiped.

Don't dance around with your T-70 if there's a JP4. you managed to stay alive for about a minute, but luck isn't always on your side.

Should've used that incendiary arty on his med truck whenever you could (you floated a lot of munitions).

Also a penal with ptrs could've come in handy flanking and crippling the JP4 (penal satchel gets stuck on vehicles now).

30 min mark: Should've rotated your maxim to face the fuel point as you could see that your opponent started decapping it.

Shouldn't have retargeted with the IS-2, it would've been a more easier death of the JP4 and the IS could've survived that.

Should've gotten a KV-8. It's an urban map, he only had 1 raketen and a panther as serious AT capabilities and kv-8 melts inf.

I still wonder how that basediving is-2 survived that, next time set up improvised defenses (maxims facing the right way, etc) at a chokepoint to defend the escaping tank and secure a safe way out.

Should've built a mortar as he was really static, only playing the center of the map.

Never engage with your fresh shocks against vet2 falls.

Harass cutoffs and try to maintain at least 1 fuel point, that allowed him to gain really much fuel.
Always set your TDs on prioritize vehicle.

Never fight a supported KT head-on with an IS-2 and SU-85.

That's all I can think of, better luck next time :) Anyways a fun game to watch :)

Also happy easter! :thumbsup:
17 Apr 2017, 15:25 PM

Thanks man appreciate the in depth reply!

How would you recommend closing the game out for example after the 3 squads got wiped by the demo? He really should't have been able to get back into the game but I stupidly let him
17 Apr 2017, 15:41 PM

As you had almost 3x the army he had, you should've capitalized on capturing as many points as you can. This is where the penals and M3 could've come in handy, chasing down and wiping the retreating squads (but don't overextend, OKW has much more powerful base defending structure against light vehicles and is also not bad against infantry either).

Also you should've assaulted that medic truck once you've seen it because that forward retreat point was giving him so much valuable time.

Also you don't really have to get AT if he goes med, tho a light AT squad never hurts + AT nades.
17 Apr 2017, 15:43 PM

Thanks mate I'll take that on board. I'm probably not reactive enough to seeing stuff like a med truck, I always just live in fear of a luchs
17 Apr 2017, 17:23 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight