Login

russian armor

Homogeneus Medium Tanks

16 Apr 2017, 20:25 PM

One of the major issues of contention across players seems to be the utility of all factions' medium tanks. The T34 is too cheap, P4 is too expensive, Cromwell is too crushy, and Sherman is too little armour. Does any one think that bringing the cost and performance of mediums tanks closer together would adress a number of the balance issues experianced across all players?

16 Apr 2017, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 20:25 PMsinthe
One of the major issues of contention across players seems to be the utility of all factions' medium tanks. The T34 is too cheap, P4 is too expensive, Cromwell is too crushy, and Sherman is too little armour. Does any one think that bringing the cost and performance of mediums tanks closer together would adress a number of the balance issues experianced across all players?

no, because it's skill issues, not balance issues
16 Apr 2017, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 20:25 PMsinthe

T34 is okay, P4 is too expensive, Cromwell probably shouldn't have crush. M10 definitely shouldn't have crush, but should probably be compensated by adding a pintle MG or HE and/or smoke shells. However, I doubt any of these things are contributing to any balance issues. Also, if you made them all the same, what would be the point? It would be just like 1995 again with Warcraft 2, where everything is mostly the same but with different skins and a few different abilities.
16 Apr 2017, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 21:19 PMGrumpy

T34 is okay, P4 is too expensive, Cromwell probably shouldn't have crush. M10 definitely shouldn't have crush, but should probably be compensated by adding a pintle MG or HE and/or smoke shells. However, I doubt any of these things are contributing to any balance issues. Also, if you made them all the same, what would be the point? It would be just like 1995 again with Warcraft 2, where everything is mostly the same but with different skins and a few different abilities.

If you remove the crush from the Cromwell and M10 you should also remove it from the Panther.

There have been many cases where a Panther with Blitz/Combat Blitz made short work of blobs in front of it.

And don't give me the excuse "But the Allied blobs are more OP than the Axis blobs!", you either get a fair trial or no trial at all.

Plus historically the M10 and M36 had no pintle mounted MGs because of their open topped turrets, at least in most cases, plus they'd need to modify the in-game models, which believe me is not going to happen.

The M18 Hellcat had a pintle mounted .50 cal on top of it's turret tho.

And yes I agree that they should be kept unique, Ost P4 should be... well Idk to be honest, OKW P4 should be the best armored but slowest medium tank, the UKF Cromwell should be the fastest and hardest to hit due to it's lower profile and the Sherman... well Idk, I don't use it anymore since I got the Rifle Company commander with the sweet M4A3E8s, those things are beasts when in numbers. The T-34/76 should be the 2nd fastest and 2nd best Armor due to it's sloped Armor.
16 Apr 2017, 23:35 PM

16 Apr 2017, 23:49 PM

If you remove the crush from the Cromwell and M10 you should also remove it from the Panther.

There have been many cases where a Panther with Blitz/Combat Blitz made short work of blobs in front of it.

And don't give me the excuse "But the Allied blobs are more OP than the Axis blobs!", you either get a fair trial or no trial at all.

Plus historically the M10 and M36 had no pintle mounted MGs because of their open topped turrets, at least in most cases, plus they'd need to modify the in-game models, which believe me is not going to happen.

The M18 Hellcat had a pintle mounted .50 cal on top of it's turret tho.

And yes I agree that they should be kept unique, Ost P4 should be... well Idk to be honest, OKW P4 should be the best armored but slowest medium tank, the UKF Cromwell should be the fastest and hardest to hit due to it's lower profile and the Sherman... well Idk, I don't use it anymore since I got the Rifle Company commander with the sweet M4A3E8s, those things are beasts when in numbers. The T-34/76 should be the 2nd fastest and 2nd best Armor due to it's sloped Armor.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-m10-tank-destroyer-in-wwii-in-18-pictures.html

multiple pictures of M10 with pintle
17 Apr 2017, 03:47 AM

If all mediums were the same, allied mediums would be OP as shit due to having much better supporting infantry as a whole, especially usf. Allies would absolutely dominate especially in 1v1s and 2v2s up until the real big tanks started rolling (which allies don't have many of). Also, it just takes away from the flavor of the game. We could play soviets vs. soviets with 1 commander to choose from and a square 100% symmetrical map and then it would be very balanced, but it'd be very boring too.
17 Apr 2017, 04:00 AM

I have no problems. I think that SU gets the short end of the stick. T34 being able to heads up a P4 would do wonders for the faction. As it was previously stated, it should have frontal armour of at least that of a P4.
17 Apr 2017, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2017, 04:00 AMsinthe
I have no problems. I think that SU gets the short end of the stick. T34 being able to heads up a P4 would do wonders for the faction. As it was previously stated, it should have frontal armour of at least that of a P4.

Fine, make it a 125 fuel too :thumb:
17 Apr 2017, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 23:49 PMGrumpy

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-m10-tank-destroyer-in-wwii-in-18-pictures.html

multiple pictures of M10 with pintle

Yes, I forgot that some tanks had a pintle mounted MG, but as you can see most didn't.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
Australia 20
United States 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak