Login

russian armor

My autohotkeysettings are messing up when I use chat

10 Apr 2017, 18:55 PM

hi guys. I couldn't really see where this request would fit in so I figured I might as well try this category :)

Basically I've started using autohotkey to move my strategic map to the spacebar rather than the 0.

The problem is that when I open the chat for the mandatory "gl hf" it seems to mess up with the programming somehow and the text will in stead say "gl0hf" and my spacebar-strat map will be non existent.

Has anyone else had similar problems like this and is there something I can do to change it or should I just stop being a polite opponent?

My current setting in autohotkey is like this (which works without problems in matches vs the computer, where I rarely write "gl hf" beforehand):

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2

~Enter::Suspend

space::Numpad0
10 Apr 2017, 19:46 PM
Donator 22

Isn't this the logical outcome if you rebind your spacebar to numpad0?? ;)
Just think about it, everytime you press space it will produce a 0 instead of your intended empty space, as long as the script runs. I personal recommend binding the tac map to one of your mouse buttons, this way you can still type in chat and be polite :D
If you want to keep it on your spacebar try switching it (numpad 0 on spacebar, spacebar on numpad 0).
19 Apr 2017, 08:56 AM

Isn't this the logical outcome if you rebind your spacebar to numpad0?? ;)
Just think about it, everytime you press space it will produce a 0 instead of your intended empty space, as long as the script runs. I personal recommend binding the tac map to one of your mouse buttons, this way you can still type in chat and be polite :D
If you want to keep it on your spacebar try switching it (numpad 0 on spacebar, spacebar on numpad 0).

Well I don't really mind my chat being infested with 0's I can work around that :P

The thing is my chat seems to disable the ability of using the strat map on the spacebar, which seems a bit strange and quite annoying.

I might change it to the mouse key though, but how do I know which commands are attached to which mousekeys. My mouse, like I imagine is the case for many others, has several small buttions on the side, not just the two primary ones and the mouse wheel.
19 Apr 2017, 09:54 AM

Write gl_hf ;) (use underscore symbol)
Cross-binding isn't working as far as I remember (I mean swapping space and num0 - works only that bind which is written on first place in your script).
Moreover, i think it isn't the chat messes up your binding but that thing that Space by itself is used in the game. All that 'things' that happen in game and are listed in the bottom left corner at the top of the minimap react on pressing Spacebar moving you to location where 'thing' triggered. You should choose another button to test that, e.g. 'l' (if you are using grid hotkeys, idk if 'l' is bonded to something in another mode), then write 'gl hf' and see what happens next.
19 Apr 2017, 12:46 PM
Donator 22

The thing is my chat seems to disable the ability of using the strat map on the spacebar, which seems a bit strange and quite annoying.

Ok now I understand your problem, but yea it sounds strange, but I dont think it's interfering with the normal binding of space bar ingame like Hater suggested. Space Bar ingame is indeed the event cue, so the camera always jumps to the latest alert. Theoretically, it shouldnt activate it because you change it to numpad 0, but yea strange things can happen and I don't have an explanation for that.

I might change it to the mouse key though, but how do I know which commands are attached to which mousekeys. My mouse, like I imagine is the case for many others, has several small buttions on the side, not just the two primary ones and the mouse wheel.

Of course you bind it to mouse button 4 or 5, you need every other button. So what exactly is your problem?
I would just go into your mouse driver, create a new profile if that's possible and bind numpad 0 to the thumb button you're more comfortable with. If your mouse doesn't have a proper driver just change it via autohotkey, but I don't know the exact code for that. Then start the program every time you play coh2. Simple as that.
26 Apr 2017, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the help guys! In the end I decided to bind it to the ½-key so it is right near my left had grid-controls.

I'm still working on getting used to using the strat map, but I feel like it is helping me keeping an overview of my units :)
26 Apr 2017, 09:02 AM
Donator 11

It's good that you found a solution but I'll try to give you some more choices.

First possibility is to bind it to caps lock - this is what I do and it is really good becouse it is one of the most accessible keys. (anybody knows the history behind vim's escape key? :D )

Alternatively, you can rebind some other key to space, or if all you write in chat is "gl hf", just bind yourself some key to enter-g-l-space-h-f-enter and forget about it :P
26 Apr 2017, 09:13 AM

It's good that you found a solution but I'll try to give you some more choices.

First possibility is to bind it to caps lock - this is what I do and it is really good becouse it is one of the most accessible keys. (anybody knows the history behind vim's escape key? :D )

Alternatively, you can rebind some other key to space, or if all you write in chat is "gl hf", just bind yourself some key to enter-g-l-space-h-f-enter and forget about it :P

I hear what you are saying, but on my keyboard the ½-key is just to the left og my 1-key so it is litteraly right at my fingertips when I use the grid-bindings.

Also if I put it on capslock then I would be at risk og writing ggwp with capital letters without noticing it. This might give my opponent the impression that he played exceptionally well, which might not have been the case :P

But actually you have a point that the caps lovk would make it even more accessable. I'll consider it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS