Login

russian armor

Buildings you CAN cap from

30 Jul 2013, 23:19 PM

So in this video, at 17:42, he says "There's no buildings in the game that allow you to cap in garrison".

Well, yes, there are. Originally I had thought these were map design features, but apparently not - they are "bugs".

So, I'll post all the instances where you can cap from garrison (with map name), in hopes that either relic can fix them, or state if its actually a feature.

If others want to add (either text or image), I'll add them to this post (and take pics if needed).

(4-6) Oka River Winter:

30 Jul 2013, 23:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

That small building goes down very fast, it is more a deathtrap than a immunity house. one squad versus a point close to base with 2/3 enemy players?
I dont see the problem here
It looks like it is done on purpose and on 1v1 it would certainly be very annoying who can get to the house the fastest
31 Jul 2013, 00:09 AM

Those two feel like map features, especially since they work the same on both sides of the map, have few windows (limits damage of garrisoned soldiers) and are very small (collapses easily, grenades hit most soldiers inside). So I guess it is fine.

I don't think it is necessarily a bad bug such as long as map makers use it neither too often nor at too important points.
In general, buildings have to be used very carefully anyways... else you'll just end up with another Semois pin, although some people seem to see that one as a great thing.
31 Jul 2013, 00:41 AM

That small building goes down very fast, it is more a deathtrap than a immunity house. one squad versus a point close to base with 2/3 enemy players?
I dont see the problem here
It looks like it is done on purpose and on 1v1 it would certainly be very annoying who can get to the house the fastest

It's a contradiction - that's all. He stated it as an absolute, like a design philosophy, and this goes directly against it.

My personal feeling is that it's a feature, not a bug. However, it struck me as odd.
Only Relic postRelic 31 Jul 2013, 04:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

going to fix these, thanks for the post guys!
14 Nov 2016, 21:44 PM

going to fix these, thanks for the post guys!

This bug still persists if the building is right next to a CP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★