Login

russian armor

Maintenance Schedule

30 Jul 2013, 21:54 PM

Super minor request, but I think with a lot of potential payoff for customer satisfaction.

As a software developer for many years, I am very very surprised to see that maintenances are scheduled during regular usage hours for a large group of users. Taking the game down at 6PM EDT would make sense for an application used in a typical 9-5 work context, but for a game this is one of the worst times possible as you're impacting Euro and US players.

I understand devs (including myself) don't prefer to do early morning maintenances, but please consider it.

Thanks. :)
30 Jul 2013, 23:16 PM

And what about the rest of the world?
31 Jul 2013, 01:21 AM

There is no such thing as a perfect time, but there are better times than others. 6pm EDT is bad for pretty much everyone, though US and EU get the worst of it certainly.

It's relatively standard software industry practice to do maintenances in out of the way times to lessen their impact on users. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying Relic owes us anything or that they have to do it or that they suck or anything, just pointing it out in case.

As I said, pretty minor. It's just an easy thing to do to avoid extra griping.

EDIT: Sorry if it wasn't clear - it's not "US and EU are inherently superior, f the rest of the world." It's more "when choosing a time you're going to impact somebody, so try to impact as few as possible."
31 Jul 2013, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 01:21 AMShazz
There is no such thing as a perfect time, but there are better times than others. 6pm EDT is bad for pretty much everyone, though US and EU get the worst of it certainly.

It's relatively standard software industry practice to do maintenances in out of the way times to lessen their impact on users. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying Relic owes us anything or that they have to do it or that they suck or anything, just pointing it out in case.

As I said, pretty minor. It's just an easy thing to do to avoid extra griping.

EDIT: Sorry if it wasn't clear - it's not "US and EU are inherently superior, f the rest of the world." It's more "when choosing a time you're going to impact somebody, so try to impact as few as possible."

You might feel different if you lived in a country that got screwed over Every. Single. Time.
31 Jul 2013, 01:49 AM

go sleep? Play other game? Read books? Do homework? Prepare for exams?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★