Login

russian armor

PTRS Pick up

8 Apr 2017, 10:02 AM

Is it worth to pick up PTRS? like Storm pio,grens, PG I feel like not,such useless weapon, bazooka
too.
8 Apr 2017, 10:07 AM

Pgrens, sturms and other assault weapon 4 member squads, ofcourse not.

Other squads - I think yes, even giving obers a zook is good, he will lose only mere % of his DPS - one rifle.

Also, denying weapon to enemy is always good.

EDIT: For grens definitely yes as well, because they main source of DPS come from single lmg42 and they cannot get more than 1 via upgrades.

Squads that can, and you want them to get, 2 AI weapons (eg rifles with bars, IS with lmgs) shouldn´t pick up AT weapons, because they wouldn´t be able to grab AI weapon from weapon rack then
8 Apr 2017, 10:11 AM

Pgrens, sturms and other assault weapon 4 member squads, ofcourse not.

Other squads - I think yes, even giving obers a zook is good, he will lose only mere % of his DPS - one rifle.

Also, denying weapon to enemy is always good.

EDIT: For grens definitely yes as well, because they main source of DPS come from single lmg42 and they cannot get more than 1 via upgrades.

Squads that can, and you want them to get, 2 AI weapons (eg rifles with bars, IS with lmgs) shouldn´t pick up AT weapons, because they wouldn´t be able to grab AI weapon from weapon rack then

Do you have the stat? Single rifle might even to more damage than PTRS vs infantry... I just think its so bad i rather the enemy has it than pick it up... unless is like osttruppen or pio..
8 Apr 2017, 10:27 AM

Do you have the stat? Single rifle might even to more damage than PTRS vs infantry... I just think its so bad i rather the enemy has it than pick it up... unless is like osttruppen or pio..

You will get some kind of AT for that squad and also you will deny it to the enemy.

I think cons can cripple medium tank alone if they land 2 successful PTRS hits and then ATnade the tank
8 Apr 2017, 10:38 AM

There 2 types of PTRS that drop. One has to clarify which one you are talking about and for which faction to pick it up...
8 Apr 2017, 10:44 AM

For ostheer Id say ptrs is worth it on pios and ostruppen.

For OKW ptrs is ok on volks and maybe on panzerfusiliers since they get so good with the g43 and they are 6 man squad losing the ai of one model wont change their effectiveness by that much.

As for zooks definitely worth it on any squad with a few exceptions like pgrens they can get double shreks, fals from Luftwaffe doctrine they rely on all members for dmg, and paratroopers from airborne because they cant upgrade if they pickup a weapon and pretty much lose their strength without LMG or Thompson.

As for brits well some people have been using the boys AT rifle doc don't really know what the differences are stat wise between an inf section with ptrs and boys AT Squad but if you want these guys just for AI than its not worth it, as for zook really not much different than PIAT right now.
8 Apr 2017, 11:20 AM

IN WBP Mr smith have Say
PTRS If pick up by some elite unit like Guard Pgren Ober ETC
It good AI accuracy like Guard
BTW If pick up by other
It poor AI Accuracy like Penal
but now Patch it live but I not see any patch note about PTRS pickup list
PS. and Boys AT Rifle should get same dmg (20) when deflection shot ?
9 Apr 2017, 12:05 PM

This is relative suggestion I have made to make all drop-able weapon perform according to the level of unit that pick them up.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/60230/balancing-dropable-weapons
nee
11 Apr 2017, 13:31 PM

Only with Volksgrenadiers and Pioniers. Maybe Grenadiers, but only if I feel the need to deny my enemies a AT weapon in their Conscript/ Rifleman squad.

Anything else either has better weapon upgrades, upgrades that take all slots, or too small and fragile to waste slots on. I prefer to spread firepower a bit among squads so that if one gets wiped, you still got some capability left in the other.

Of course I'd pick a PIAT or Bazooka over PTRS in most cases.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★